A Payment a Day Part 3

Comments

• *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mumof4- Sorry to hear about your stressful time- hope he makes a full and speedy recovery
    Kandi- congrats on your first PAD
    Paul- glad you're in a position to try and join in again!

My PAD today is £3 again
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Afternoon everyone

Not been about much, my older brother had a cycle accident yesterday.He took the full force of the landing on his head and is still in hospital :(
    Its not looking great, a brain scan revealed a "long standing" tumour which upon further tests today appears to just be a cyst *talk about scaring the shoite out of us*!!!

Hes still sleeping almost 30 hours on and is struggling to sit up, cant walk etc so its one day at at a time for now, were hoping theres no lasting damage but the docs seem unable to tell much so far.

Ok keeping up the pads, im half glad and half annoyed with myself cos I have no available credit to help out in paying travel expenses/buying him p.js etc :(

Just £10.00 to CC2.Balance now at £60 and definitely cleared this Tuesday coming.
    Ever feel like payday cant come round quickly enough?

Best wishes and hoping you all have a great weekend
    Hugs and stay safe
    Mumof4 xx

Mumof4 that's terrible, I hope he gets well soon! Look after yourself x
    I'm just having a gander around the other threads and stumble across a Crap1 thread and this poor guy's posted up for some advice and some utter barstools are being nasty to him. It gets me so mad! :mad: So I've posted a rant back.
    I'm so glad everyone on here's totally fab and willing to offer any advice and support. Loves ya people! :D

xx
    I've found that as well Danko, and it can be really off-putting! I asked a question on the savings board once and got the whole 'why are you saving when you have debt' lecture... I don't bother too much now anymore, I just ask here! The only other boards that I have found 'homely' like this one are Old Style and MS in Marriages etc, never had any problems with either of them...

Sx
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • Evening all . . . the total for the daily wallet declutter is a paltry 63p tonight but every little helps . . .
    DFW NERD# 1175
    Proud Member of Sealed Pot Challenge #5 ~ 1479 cashless_wonder~*DEBT FREE & LOVING IT*~
    :D
  • poppyjoe
    poppyjoe Posts: 174 Forumite
    Mumof4 - Hope your brother improves soon, keep us updated.
    xx
  • lemma1968
    lemma1968 Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Just seen that Cap1 thread and i was horrified by some of the things said about the OP. Where do they get off being so judgemental?:mad:

It needs more of us sticking up for people like the poor OP.

Thank goodness for this lovely thread!:T:T:T:T:A
    2013 TARGET £30k
    2012 £26500 paid off.
    2011 £22750 paid off
    2010 £19800 paid off
    2009 MBNA Cleared 25.09.09 £34391.33 PAID OFF
    DFW Nerd 612 Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Twinkles08
    Twinkles08 Posts: 642 Forumite
    Hello everyone,I hope that your brother makes a good recovery mumof4,you must be all worried sick.Best wishes to you and your family x
    Fresian,well done on waving bye bye to the barclaycard-fab news!!
    My pad today is 20p.Take care all x
    :female:Our 2 gorgeous little girls born 2006 and 2010
    First House Deposit - £90.00:j
    DFW Nerd Member 1143 ;)Orig debt app £12000.00 :eek:
    Total Joint Debt ( Mar 2012)£3208.25

• poppyjoe
    poppyjoe Posts: 174 Forumite
    I just had a look at the Crap 1 thread as well, i could feel myself getting all stressed just reading it. If I had been the op I would probably be in a corner crying my eyes out!

Thank goodness to all you lovely peeps!;)

*poppyjoe grabs a cushion and makes herself very comfy in the PAD thread*
  • Hi All

Mumof4 - so sorry to hear about your brother, I hope he recovers soon.

Flying_Fresian - Congratulations, that's great news! :j:beer::j

Good to see you back on the PAD-wagon Paul, hope to be there again soon!

TFI friday!! It's been a weird week, been up and down cos of the (car) bump earlier in the week, so it's good to know that it's relax-time on the weekend.

Been thinking really hard about what I can do to bring these debts down quicker and have set myself the target of paying £500 off my target card (Egg) by the end of May.

I've set up a spreadsheet (I love spreadsheets!) and have listed all the things I think I can do, with £ targets for everything - ebay, clicks, scratchies, savings on groceries, not spending all my weekly pocket money etc etc. It's going to be hard, but I'll be very pleased with myself if I can do it.

Feel free to prod me/shout at me if I don't post regular updates!!;)

Been
    Full LBM 26 Sept 11
  • dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    lemma1968 wrote: »
    Just seen that Cap1 thread and i was horrified by some of the things said about the OP. Where do they get off being so judgemental?:mad:

It needs more of us sticking up for people like the poor OP.

Thank goodness for this lovely thread!:T:T:T:T:A
    Just read your post lemma ;) :T There are some real barstools around some of these threads and it's so unfair on people who want some advice and to get on with things! That 'idiot of the month' (Leicester fan! Andy, you'll have to sort him out! :rotfl:) and the other guy saying 'should have left that poxy amount in your current account' thing really got me mad! :mad: The poor mite.
    Good job we're all barmy innit!! :rotfl::whistle::rotfl:
    xx
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
  • My god they really are gunning for that guy on the Crap 1 thread . . . Are they seriously telling me, the world and the OP that they have NEVER made a mistake or had an unseen foul up and had carry the can for it ?

Please can I stay & play here ? It's a big scary forum out there . . .
    DFW NERD# 1175
    Proud Member of Sealed Pot Challenge #5 ~ 1479 cashless_wonder~*DEBT FREE & LOVING IT*~
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport