Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • squares
    • 29th Nov 06, 4:08 PM
    dfs codes?
    • 29th Nov 06, 4:08 PM
    Hi, I have searched for dfs vouchers/codes and can't find a thing. Does anyone know if there are any about?

thanks very much
  • boopydoo
    • 16th Mar 09, 11:28 AM
    DFS £40 off each item ordered code
    • 16th Mar 09, 11:28 AM
    Hi
    Got these through the post this morning. 10 vouchers, each for £40 off. There is a code that you can use online or on the phone and it is:

They all have the same code so don't think there is a limit to the number of people that can use them

One important thing: they can only be used on Saturday 28th March 2009 before 8pm

Hope it helps someone!
  • skintc
    • 17th Mar 09, 2:46 PM
    DFS vouchers
    • 17th Mar 09, 2:46 PM
    I received £400 worth of DFS vouchers in the post, in the form of 10 £40 vouchers, which can only be used one per item bought.

I think some people have already posted about these, I just wanted to know if DFS sell anything other than sofas, and do they sell anything that costs less than £40? Cos on the flyer that came with the vouchers it said something like "that's £40 off any sofa, armchair, coffee table or lamp."

On their website all they show is sofas. I just wondered if they sold anything else that would make it worth going down there with the £40 vouchers? £40 off a £500 sofa is rubbish, but if I got a nice £50 lamp for a tenner then that would be cool.
  • candlequeen
    • 17th Mar 09, 6:10 PM
    • 17th Mar 09, 6:10 PM
    I received £400 worth of DFS vouchers in the post, in the form of 10 £40 vouchers, which can only be used one per item bought.

I think some people have already posted about these, I just wanted to know if DFS sell anything other than sofas, and do they sell anything that costs less than £40? Cos on the flyer that came with the vouchers it said something like "that's £40 off any sofa, armchair, coffee table or lamp."

On their website all they show is sofas. I just wondered if they sold anything else that would make it worth going down there with the £40 vouchers? £40 off a £500 sofa is rubbish, but if I got a nice £50 lamp for a tenner then that would be cool.
    Originally posted by skintc
    It's £40 off each seat or item. For example is you purchased a 3seater & 2 seater sofa, plus a stool -you would be entitled to £240 off (6x40)
    Regards
    Candlequeen
  • lainey43uk
    • 19th Mar 09, 12:02 AM
    • 19th Mar 09, 12:02 AM
    Actually thats incorrect, it is £40 off each item priced individually, so a 3 seater sofa and 2 seater sofa and a stool would mean £120 off all 3 items!
  • Mothermoo
    • 19th Mar 09, 1:21 AM
    • 19th Mar 09, 1:21 AM

Originally posted by skintc

Can I ask how you got the vouchers please? Did you apply or did they just turn up out of the blue?

Thank you
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 19th Mar 09, 1:46 AM
    • 12,181 Posts
    • 11,503 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 19th Mar 09, 1:46 AM
    • 19th Mar 09, 1:46 AM
    Can I ask how you got the vouchers please? Did you apply or did they just turn up out of the blue?

Thank you
    Originally posted by Mothermoo
    I got mine in the post- I get these about once every 1 or 2 years from DFS, they seem so negligible to me I now just see the envelope and recycle/shred it. £40 off an item is less then a drop in the ocean unless your going to buy stuff from there anyway. I'll stick to Ikea!

I'd offer them to you but I junked them already! sorry!
    • stolt
    • By stolt 1st Jan 10, 9:30 PM
    • 2,792 Posts
    • 1,206 Thanks
    stolt
    • 1st Jan 10, 9:30 PM
    • 1st Jan 10, 9:30 PM
    hi thanks for posting, i was in dfs and they wouldnt budge a smidgen on the sofas (wanted £40.00) for delivery. Are these just paper vouchers that came through the letterbox?
    Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
  • samy888
    Hi
    Got these through the post this morning. 10 vouchers, each for £40 off. There is a code that you can use online or on the phone and it is:

They all have the same code so don't think there is a limit to the number of people that can use them

One important thing: they can only be used on Saturday 28th March 2009 before 8pm

Hope it helps someone!
    Originally posted by boopydoo
    I got these vouchers today, but the date on mine is Saturday 20th March.

Does anyone know what kind of table lamps they sell and will i need to take out a loan in order to purchase one?
  • Gunderful
    DFS 10x£40 Money Off Vouchers
    Received this in the post, appears to be for £40 off any item (including things like lamps and coffee tables). Anyone else had these and if so what's the catch?
    Gunderful a.k.a JudgeJules8165
    • dizzyanne
    • By dizzyanne 19th Mar 10, 6:21 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    dizzyanne
    I've had them through too. No idea if there's a catch...!?!?! Probably that there's nothing anywhere near £40. Had a look on their website and can't see any lamps etc that they refer to on the voucher!?!!
    Last edited by dizzyanne; 19-03-2010 at 6:24 PM.
    • Princess Coupon
    • By Princess Coupon 19th Mar 10, 10:53 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 21,457 Thanks
    Princess Coupon
    lamps are £150-£250, I've seen vases in there that look like they belong in the £ shop, for £120
    AKA: PC

Rest in Peace Fred the Maddest Muppet in Heaven

• MINIBUMF
    i got these too but it doesnt say anywhere that you cant use all 10 on one single item does it?
  • RoyC
    i got these too but it doesnt say anywhere that you cant use all 10 on one single item does it?
    Originally posted by MINIBUMF
    Yes, I'm afraid it does, in the small print at the bottom of the voucher: 'Only one voucher may be used per single piece of furniture'.

I have 10 vouchers valid for 27 March only, BTW.

Roy
  • Gunderful
    I was more interested in the ability to use them for cheaper items such as coffee tables and lamps, where it would appear you could get stuff for basically no cost.
    Gunderful a.k.a JudgeJules8165
  • haglm
    Hi,

Does anyone happen to have a spare code that they won't not be using? Hubby and I are desperate to get a chair that we saw in the sale but couldn't afford at the time. Nw we can afford it but the sale has ended and we're not prepared to pay the extra for it...DOH! Currently waiting for it to go on sale again but a discount code could save us the wait!

Would be much appreciated!

Cheers

H!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

159Posts Today

1,138Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin