IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
DFS vouchers
Closed Thread
Views: 13,161
# 1
WOW Factor 0
jennron
Old 21-10-2006, 1:02 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Discount DFS Furniture ???

My mums looking for a new setee for xmas , can anyone help with discount/vouchers/coupons from DFS.
# 2
squares
Old 29-11-2006, 4:08 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default dfs codes?

Hi, I have searched for dfs vouchers/codes and can't find a thing. Does anyone know if there are any about?

thanks very much
# 3
boopydoo
Old 16-03-2009, 11:28 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default DFS £40 off each item ordered code

Hi
Got these through the post this morning. 10 vouchers, each for £40 off. There is a code that you can use online or on the phone and it is:

They all have the same code so don't think there is a limit to the number of people that can use them

One important thing: they can only be used on Saturday 28th March 2009 before 8pm

Hope it helps someone!
The Following User Says Thank You to boopydoo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
skintc
Old 17-03-2009, 2:46 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default DFS vouchers

I received £400 worth of DFS vouchers in the post, in the form of 10 £40 vouchers, which can only be used one per item bought.

I think some people have already posted about these, I just wanted to know if DFS sell anything other than sofas, and do they sell anything that costs less than £40? Cos on the flyer that came with the vouchers it said something like "that's £40 off any sofa, armchair, coffee table or lamp."

On their website all they show is sofas. I just wondered if they sold anything else that would make it worth going down there with the £40 vouchers? £40 off a £500 sofa is rubbish, but if I got a nice £50 lamp for a tenner then that would be cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to skintc For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
candlequeen
Old 17-03-2009, 6:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by skintc View Post
I received £400 worth of DFS vouchers in the post, in the form of 10 £40 vouchers, which can only be used one per item bought.

I think some people have already posted about these, I just wanted to know if DFS sell anything other than sofas, and do they sell anything that costs less than £40? Cos on the flyer that came with the vouchers it said something like "that's £40 off any sofa, armchair, coffee table or lamp."

On their website all they show is sofas. I just wondered if they sold anything else that would make it worth going down there with the £40 vouchers? £40 off a £500 sofa is rubbish, but if I got a nice £50 lamp for a tenner then that would be cool.
It's £40 off each seat or item. For example is you purchased a 3seater & 2 seater sofa, plus a stool -you would be entitled to £240 off (6x40)
Regards
Candlequeen
# 6
lainey43uk
Old 19-03-2009, 12:02 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Actually thats incorrect, it is £40 off each item priced individually, so a 3 seater sofa and 2 seater sofa and a stool would mean £120 off all 3 items!
# 7
Mothermoo
Old 19-03-2009, 1:21 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by skintc View Post

Can I ask how you got the vouchers please? Did you apply or did they just turn up out of the blue?

Thank you
# 8
jenniewb
Old 19-03-2009, 1:46 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothermoo View Post
Can I ask how you got the vouchers please? Did you apply or did they just turn up out of the blue?

Thank you
I got mine in the post- I get these about once every 1 or 2 years from DFS, they seem so negligible to me I now just see the envelope and recycle/shred it. £40 off an item is less then a drop in the ocean unless your going to buy stuff from there anyway. I'll stick to Ikea!

I'd offer them to you but I junked them already! sorry!
The Following User Says Thank You to jenniewb For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
stolt
Old 01-01-2010, 9:30 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

hi thanks for posting, i was in dfs and they wouldnt budge a smidgen on the sofas (wanted £40.00) for delivery. Are these just paper vouchers that came through the letterbox?
Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
# 10
samy888
Old 18-03-2010, 9:05 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopydoo View Post
Hi
Got these through the post this morning. 10 vouchers, each for £40 off. There is a code that you can use online or on the phone and it is:

They all have the same code so don't think there is a limit to the number of people that can use them

One important thing: they can only be used on Saturday 28th March 2009 before 8pm

Hope it helps someone!
I got these vouchers today, but the date on mine is Saturday 20th March.

Does anyone know what kind of table lamps they sell and will i need to take out a loan in order to purchase one?
# 11
Gunderful
Old 19-03-2010, 12:32 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default DFS 10x£40 Money Off Vouchers

Received this in the post, appears to be for £40 off any item (including things like lamps and coffee tables). Anyone else had these and if so what's the catch?
Gunderful a.k.a JudgeJules8165
# 12
dizzyanne
Old 19-03-2010, 6:21 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I've had them through too. No idea if there's a catch...!?!?! Probably that there's nothing anywhere near £40. Had a look on their website and can't see any lamps etc that they refer to on the voucher!?!!

Last edited by dizzyanne; 19-03-2010 at 6:24 PM.
# 13
Princess Coupon
Old 19-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

lamps are £150-£250, I've seen vases in there that look like they belong in the £ shop, for £120
AKA: PC

Rest in Peace Fred the Maddest Muppet in Heaven

# 14
MINIBUMF
Old 19-03-2010, 11:42 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

i got these too but it doesnt say anywhere that you cant use all 10 on one single item does it?
# 15
RoyC
Old 20-03-2010, 5:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIBUMF View Post
i got these too but it doesnt say anywhere that you cant use all 10 on one single item does it?
Yes, I'm afraid it does, in the small print at the bottom of the voucher: 'Only one voucher may be used per single piece of furniture'.

I have 10 vouchers valid for 27 March only, BTW.

Roy
# 16
Gunderful
Old 20-03-2010, 5:07 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I was more interested in the ability to use them for cheaper items such as coffee tables and lamps, where it would appear you could get stuff for basically no cost.
Gunderful a.k.a JudgeJules8165
# 17
haglm
Old 26-03-2010, 11:03 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi,

Does anyone happen to have a spare code that they won't not be using? Hubby and I are desperate to get a chair that we saw in the sale but couldn't afford at the time. Nw we can afford it but the sale has ended and we're not prepared to pay the extra for it...DOH! Currently waiting for it to go on sale again but a discount code could save us the wait!

Would be much appreciated!

Cheers

H!
Closed Thread