Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    MissJoJoBaby
    Working part-time while claiming Housing Benefit?
    • 26th Feb 09, 3:06 PM
    Working part-time while claiming Housing Benefit? 26th Feb 09 at 3:06 PM
    Hiya everyone

Well i got made redundant from my job without any redunancy money in the beginning of February.
    Iv just been signed onto Jobseekers Allowance and have applied for Housing Benefit/Council tax Benefit
    I dont know how much Housing Benefit im going to be entitled to as they said it will take a few weeks to calculate and my rents due next week And i dont have the money to pay it

My question is- if i work part- time will i still be entitled to the same Housing Benefit?I dont particularly want to be unemployed and on JSA but theres not many full time jobs available for someone with my skills at the moment in my area, however there is a few part time ones.

Is there a certain amount you can earn or a certain number of hours you can work under while still being entitled to Housing Benefit?I obviously dont want to make myself worse off than what i already will be but id rather be working something rather than nothing for the meantime.

Sorry im not great at writing my literacy is quite bad so hope you can make sense of what im asking! Any advice given would be really appreciated!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,110Posts Today

8,423Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • 'Is the free EE power bar a con?'.... http://t.co/o8SZSRqeEa

• Are you a tourist in greece right now? Or know someone? Are firms taking credit / debit cards - how is it there?

• RT @wesstreeting: Disappointed that @JoJohnsonMP didn't rule out changing T&Cs on student finance for existing students and graduates @Mart?

• Follow Martin