Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Discount Codes 'n Vouchers > Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - Someone elses name (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - Someone elses name
Closed Thread
Views: 16,997
# 1
WOW Factor 0
rebeccauk
Old 20-02-2009, 10:37 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - Someone elses name

Hi All

I'm really sorry if this post shouldn't go here or if it's already been answered. I had a quick scout around but couldn't find the answer anyway.

A friend has given me some Tesco Clubcard vouchers 7 in value plus the vouchers they send for extra points etc... Would I be able to use these vouchers? Has anyone tried to use someone elses vouchers? I'm a bit reluctant to try if I'm going to get stopped at the checkout as they will probably think I'm up-to-no-good! Could I also use them online to buy a deals voucher? I've looked on the teco website but can't find anything on there either.

Rebecca
# 2
swannee_D
Old 20-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccauk View Post
Hi All

I'm really sorry if this post shouldn't go here or if it's already been answered. I had a quick scout around but couldn't find the answer anyway.

A friend has given me some Tesco Clubcard vouchers 7 in value plus the vouchers they send for extra points etc... Would I be able to use these vouchers? Has anyone tried to use someone elses vouchers? I'm a bit reluctant to try if I'm going to get stopped at the checkout as they will probably think I'm up-to-no-good! Could I also use them online to buy a deals voucher? I've looked on the teco website but can't find anything on there either.

Rebecca
I'm pretty sure you can use them in store but I would use them to get some deals 28 worth!

...failing that borrow yr mates clubcard!
# 3
Dormouse
Old 20-02-2009, 1:15 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

You can use them instore (although some staff members might not take them - not many though). Do you have a Clubcard keyfob thingie - as they are not named - so you could use that with the vouchers no problem.

You can't convert them online into deals as they have to be sent to the same address where they were issued. So you could ask the friend to convert them for you and then give them to you.
# 4
jenniewb
Old 20-02-2009, 4:41 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I tried to use my sisters vouchers, they told me no as I didn't have the relevent clubcard, and my cash card was in another name- they check in my store. But haveing said this, I have used them in the past at other stores and gotten away with it- I guess it depends on the SA and if you talk to them/know them, it could help I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenniewb For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
stewartgraham1
Old 26-02-2009, 10:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Self scan tills

If you go via the self scan tills, the points coupons will be accepted as the tills can't check the name. The 7 coupon does come up "approval needed" (the tills do this for other things like alcohol too), but the person manning these tills usually just hit the aprooval button
# 6
emma396
Old 26-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i use my parents all the time and vice versa. noones ever said anything to either.
# 7
lady123
Old 27-02-2009, 5:03 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi guys, could anyone help with these club card vouchers, I keep seeing them advertised on ebay, if i bought them off ebay how would i use them for say BA miles or to book hotels or days out, am i missing something? if there not transferable how would i check into a hotel or book a BA flight or go to Alton towers???????
sorry if i sound daft but never used the tesco vouchers before, although i do have a keyfob.
thx for reading
# 8
emweaver
Old 27-02-2009, 11:16 PM

They must be transferable as so many people on ebay buy them
Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, 15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
# 9
Coupon-mad
Old 28-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by emweaver View Post
They must be transferable as so many people on ebay buy them

Yes, but don't people only use the vouchers they buy on eBay if the seller converts them into 'transferrable' Deals? I have bought a fair few from eBay in the past, and just asked the seller to convert them to Days Out or Restaurant Deals (the surname on them doesn't matter and you can also use them for any Deals code starting with an S so they are flexible).

For instance Holiday Deals in another name would be little use to someone else as I think this would be checked and the name has to match someone on the booking. I suppose someone could book a UK break with the name of one of the party matching the surname of the person on the Deals voucher - so then the names would match!

But you wouldn't/shouldn't be able to use a stranger's Deals for a holiday abroad (as the names on the booking obviously have to be correct to match your passport). And I think some Goldsmiths ask for ID to match the name on Goldsmiths Deals as well so using those Deals in another name would be chancing it.

OP, don't ask Tesco. The answer is 'no' you are not supposed to use someone else's vouchers...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If it were me though, I would use the smaller 50p off coupons etc. with your own keyfob if you want to buy the items stated at the till. And I would ask your friend if they mind if you convert 6.25 of their 7 voucher to 25 in S code Deals (see Tesco Deals website, I think it has to be a multiple of 1.25). These Deals will then arrive at their addy and have their surname on. Will they still pass the Deals to you though - if you are sure they will then go ahead & convert some to 'transferrable' (in theory, any S-code) Deals.
Ticket in a private car park in England/Wales?... DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT- the advice changed in 2012.

USE THE FORUM JUMP TO GO TO THE PARKING SUB FORUM AND READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
Do NOT read older advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 28-02-2009 at 11:20 AM.
# 10
kalonasum
Old 23-03-2010, 1:26 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

So if I buy Alton Towers Teco vouchers on Ebay but they are not in my name will I be albe to use them - will they check - would hate to be turned away at the gate or worse still have to pay full price!!
Information is Power!!
# 11
supersaver09
Old 23-03-2010, 1:38 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonasum View Post
So if I buy Alton Towers Teco vouchers on Ebay but they are not in my name will I be albe to use them - will they check - would hate to be turned away at the gate or worse still have to pay full price!!
You should be OK with Alton Towers vouchers, Merlin Passes, Bella Italia Vouchers and things like that.
The surname doesn't matter.

Also, i think with the Alton Towers & Merlin passes there's a form where you fill YOUR details in anyway or the seller can fill the form in (as a "gift" for someone), giving them YOUR name - so it shouldn't be a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to supersaver09 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
iamchrisli
Old 12-06-2010, 9:11 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersaver09 View Post
You should be OK with Alton Towers vouchers, Merlin Passes, Bella Italia Vouchers and things like that.
The surname doesn't matter.

Also, i think with the Alton Towers & Merlin passes there's a form where you fill YOUR details in anyway or the seller can fill the form in (as a "gift" for someone), giving them YOUR name - so it shouldn't be a problem.

Some deal partner says they would not accept the voucher as "gift". I am planning to buy some voucher over ebay (ask the seller to transfer the voucher into deal voucher first).

My question is whether the deal voucher has their surname on? Anyone here use someone else deal voucher for Virgin holiday?
Spend smart, and save more.
# 13
tescbirdy
Old 12-06-2010, 10:06 PM
MoneySaving Convert

[QUOTEMy question is whether the deal voucher has their surname on? Anyone here use someone else deal voucher for Virgin holiday?[/QUOTE]

Ive booked a holiday with Virgin this year using my own deal vouchers, not only do they have my surname on them but you have to post the original vouchers to virgin. So i dont think you are going to be able to use someone elses vouchers
The Following User Says Thank You to tescbirdy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
redagila
Old 12-06-2010, 10:12 PM

All deal vouchers have the name of the original Clubcard member. So there is no way you can use them for a holiday. I think the only deals that you can use without a problem, even with the original name on, are for the restaurant and days out. I have used a number of restaurant vouchers bought via e-bay without any problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to redagila For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
mirrorimage0
Old 13-06-2010, 9:40 AM

i have used my mums vouchers to go with mine to book a holiday but we have the same surnames and we used cosmos i think it was, ended up saving 700 off the holiday and it was the cheapest way to do it, even online searching or the travel agents couldnt come up with a better deal on the original price
now proud mum to 3 handsome boys latest one born 10/10/11
The Following User Says Thank You to mirrorimage0 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
jeppy
Old 13-06-2010, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormouse View Post
You can use them instore (although some staff members might not take them - not many though). Do you have a Clubcard keyfob thingie - as they are not named - so you could use that with the vouchers no problem.

You can't convert them online into deals as they have to be sent to the same address where they were issued. So you could ask the friend to convert them for you and then give them to you.
I leant my friend some vouchers as she wanted to book a ferry and hadn't received hers. She had no problem. She repaid me and I too used her codes on my account. I also used my OHs on my account.
ACII and Chartered so now I can focus on learning to play my beautiful Sax. 🎷
# 17
F1manic
Old 14-06-2010, 10:37 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I've used my familys vouchers before and never been stopped. Our Tesco is only small though so maybe it's different in other stores?
# 18
mandy
Old 14-06-2010, 12:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Does anyone know if i can use mine and hubbys together for cosmos florida or virgin florida

Thanks

mandy
Closed Thread