Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Financial_Savvy
    ISA Transfer Lloyds TSB to A+L
    • 7th Feb 06, 8:12 PM
    ISA Transfer Lloyds TSB to A+L 7th Feb 06 at 8:12 PM
    I am about to transfer all the family ISAs' from LLoyds TSB (£9,000+ 4.65%, £3,000+ 4.40%, £1,000+ 3.65%)

to A+L Direct ISA Issue 2 at 5.20%

Are there any fees involved? Will LTSB charge to move out, and at a later date if there is another provider better than A+L, will they charge me to move out?

Also regarding Interest, assume that Lloyds TSB will add the interest on the balance when they transfer it over, but can I add £3k in the 05/06 year in addition to the Interest balance or does the interest balance contribute to the total £3K? Make sense?!

Thanks
Page 1
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 7th Feb 06, 10:20 PM
    • 50,951 Posts
    • 21,492 Thanks
    grumbler
    • 7th Feb 06, 10:20 PM
    • 7th Feb 06, 10:20 PM
    ...Will LTSB charge to move out
    by Financial_Savvy
    The ISA they offer now does not have transfer fee. Possibly some past issues do have this charge, also this is very unlikely. It is better to ask them directly.
    and at a later date if there is another provider better than A+L, will they charge me to move out?
    No.
    Also regarding Interest, assume that Lloyds TSB will add the interest on the balance when they transfer it over, but can I add £3k in the 05/06 year in addition to the Interest balance or does the interest balance contribute to the total £3K?
    You can add £3000 every year regardless of the interest.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • melancholly
    • 7th Feb 06, 10:53 PM
    • 7th Feb 06, 10:53 PM
    and at a later date if there is another provider better than A+L, will they charge me to move out?
    by Financial_Savvy
    I don't know if it's changed for issue 2 isas, but with my issue 1 isa i will have to pay £25 if i choose to move to a different provider....
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 8th Feb 06, 10:22 AM
    • 50,951 Posts
    • 21,492 Thanks
    grumbler
    • 8th Feb 06, 10:22 AM
    • 8th Feb 06, 10:22 AM
    I don't know if it's changed for issue 2 isas, but with my issue 1 isa i will have to pay £25 if i choose to move to a different provider....
    by melancholly
    They dropped this charge later with issue 1 too. Possibly (very likely) this also affects those who applied ealier. Ask them.

• melancholly
    • 8th Feb 06, 11:40 PM
    • 8th Feb 06, 11:40 PM
    They dropped this charge later with issue 1 too. Possibly (very likely) this also affects those who applied ealier. Ask them.
    by grumbler
    Thanks - I will!
    After posting here I went through my T&Cs and couldn't find any reference to it - it was, however, on an A4 sheet summarising the T&Cs that I signed when I openned the account. I will definitely go and find out (although I'm still happy with the rate and not planning on changing in the immediate future!)
    • isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 9th Feb 06, 12:03 AM
    • 1,463 Posts
    • 501 Thanks
    isasmurf
    • 9th Feb 06, 12:03 AM
    • 9th Feb 06, 12:03 AM
    See the bottom of this press release

The £25 ISA transfer fee has now been removed from all Alliance & Leicester ISA products.
  • melancholly
    • 9th Feb 06, 10:42 AM
    • 9th Feb 06, 10:42 AM
    thank you very much!!
  • batty
    • 12th Feb 06, 4:32 PM
    • 12th Feb 06, 4:32 PM
    since when was a+l isa fee removed , itook one out 3 days ago and it was still on then if you transfer out when i saw it on the notes i cancelled.
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 12th Feb 06, 4:48 PM
    • 50,951 Posts
    • 21,492 Thanks
    grumbler
    • 12th Feb 06, 4:48 PM
    • 12th Feb 06, 4:48 PM
    since when was a+l isa fee removed , itook one out 3 days ago and it was still on then if you transfer out when i saw it on the notes i cancelled.
    by batty
    Since summer. See A&L drop transfer charge and press release above. Direct ISA Issue 2 never had this fee.
    If you have some contradicting information it is better to qoute it ...

• muddyfox470
    be careful though, the 5.2% isn't going to last forever. for instance their latest online saver has a 6month bonus

ian
    Student Moneysaving Expert
  • NottsCountyRule
    I am thinking of transferring my isa from Leeds & Holbeck into either A&L Ias 5.20% or Bradford & Bingley 5%. If I open with A&L their bonus runs out end of March 2007, however interest is paid on December 31st. If I were to transfer my ias from A&L in April 2007 to another ISA will they transer the earned interest as well? If so it's worth me going for instead of the B&B one.
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 25th Feb 06, 5:25 PM
    • 50,951 Posts
    • 21,492 Thanks
    grumbler
    ...If I were to transfer my ias from A&L in April 2007 to another ISA will they transer the earned interest as well?
    by NottsCountyRule
    Yes.
    If so it's worth me going for instead of the B&B one.
    See: is it worth transferring???

• NottsCountyRule
    Great stuff

Unfortunately my pop up blocker dosen't enable me top see your link Grumbler.

So just to clarify A&L will pay all interest earned up to and including April 30th 2007 when I transfer to a different ISA provider?

If so I think that settles it for me.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 25th Feb 06, 7:28 PM
    • 27,761 Posts
    • 15,678 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    Unfortunately my pop up blocker dosen't enable me top see your link Grumbler.
    by NottsCountyRule
    Right click the link, 'copy shortcut', and paste it into your browser's address window.
  • NottsCountyRule
    Cool, read it thanks.

Think I'm gonna go with A%L 5.20% for a year then transfer it to B& if it's still paying 5%.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,132Users online

Martin's Twitter