Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 4th Feb 09, 4:23 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    0 WOW
    Administration Help article discussion
    • 4th Feb 09, 4:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Administration Help article discussion 4th Feb 09 at 4:23 PM

This thread is for discussing the
    Company Administration Help guide.

To discuss/ask a question click post reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 18-05-2011 at 4:10 PM.
Page 1
  • Maroony
    • 11th Mar 09, 4:57 PM
    • 11th Mar 09, 4:57 PM
    Hi, I have a query about Principles, which very recently went into administration. Although concessions stores are still selling the brand, 'solo' stores are not, and returns bought anywhere else other than concessions stores are not being accepted...

I bought goods online on credit card from Principle's own online store on the basis of a one month return period for any reason.

I tend to buy in bulk owing to disability and the difficulty I have in accessing bricks and mortar stores, but also because I know the vast majority of items delivered although not faulty will not be suitable because of my disability. I feel a bit caught here!

I have contacted the credit card issuer, who will be sending me a declaration form in due course to complete and return. I will also be writing to Principle's administrators, Deloitte, to do the same.

My question really, is this correct? Should I send to both companies? Or what should I be doing... Who should I contact first/who do I have better hope of recovering as much money from my intended returns as possible?

...and given that every item of clothing is under 100, am I likely to get my money back at all really?

Thank you very much!
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 12th Mar 09, 1:20 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 1,782 Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    • 12th Mar 09, 1:20 PM
    • 12th Mar 09, 1:20 PM
    Hi Maroony

It may be best to try your credit card company first as getting money from an Insolvency practicioner can take some time, if indeed you get anything at all

If the credit card was Visa, you can also try the Chargeback scheme, which is better for items under 100. If it's not a Visa card you may be able to pursuade your credit card company to accept the items as one order if the total was over 100.

Best of luck with your claim
  • CLH
    • 13th Mar 09, 9:24 PM
    • 13th Mar 09, 9:24 PM
    Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help but....

I am trying to find out who the appointed administrators are for a certain company. I have been pursuing them through county court and now the bailiffs have written to me to say that the company is in administration, but have not disclosed any further info. I can find no press releases or info on the company's website to suggest who is appointed. Is there an easy way of finding this information out?

Any help would be gratefully received
  • Premier
    • 14th Mar 09, 12:19 PM
    • 14th Mar 09, 12:19 PM
    Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help but....

I am trying to find out who the appointed administrators are for a certain company. I have been pursuing them through county court and now the bailiffs have written to me to say that the company is in administration, but have not disclosed any further info. I can find no press releases or info on the company's website to suggest who is appointed. Is there an easy way of finding this information out?

Any help would be gratefully received
    Originally posted by CLH
    Try the companies house website (providing it is a limited company)

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/info

Once you have found the company, it's status will tell you if it really is in administration (or liquidation, receivership, etc)

Then click on 'Insolvency History', click on the relevant case and it should provide details of the relevant practitioners

(Note that this gives the individual person(s) name of who is responsible, rather than the company they work for (e.g. Deloitte), but once you have their address which will be their business address, it should be easy to identify the company too)
    Last edited by Premier; 25-03-2009 at 9:42 AM. Reason: link corrected
    • zenseeker
    • By zenseeker 14th Mar 09, 1:54 PM
    • 4,232 Posts
    • 30,098 Thanks
    zenseeker
    • 14th Mar 09, 1:54 PM
    • 14th Mar 09, 1:54 PM
    That link doesn't work, should we be seeing this page?

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/87ee0719a6448f485e3f312e2b2fdbe9/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo
    2016 Wins:

5 bags of Queal and bars
    • joaniemerc
    • By joaniemerc 14th Mar 09, 3:56 PM
    • 610 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    joaniemerc
    • 14th Mar 09, 3:56 PM
    • 14th Mar 09, 3:56 PM
    Originally posted by zenseeker
    Thanks for posting this link. The firm my husband has done work for went bust yesterday owing him 1200. We are going to write to the administrators as a creditor. Through the above link we found the company and were able to sign up for email alerts when the status of the company changes.
    • CaroB
    • By CaroB 16th Mar 09, 10:57 AM
    • 109 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    CaroB
    • 16th Mar 09, 10:57 AM
    • 16th Mar 09, 10:57 AM
    Hi
    I can't find the answer to this anywhere! What happens to store cards when the store goes into administration, or is sold off? I have a Principles store card, which I was intending to cancel as I don't use it (my nearest store closed and John Lewis/House of Fraser don't accept the store card as payment in their concessions). Does anyone know what will happen to it? Do I still need to cancel it, or are the chances that nobody will answer the phone when I call? Should I just wait for a letter from the new owners (Debenhams, I do believe, but they're only buying the brand name and the stock, and trading from their own concessions only)?
    Is it too much to hope that they will contact all card holders?!

Any advice appreciated!
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 17th Mar 09, 11:30 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 1,782 Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    • 17th Mar 09, 11:30 AM
    • 17th Mar 09, 11:30 AM
    Ikano financial services issue the Principles store card, it may be able to help

http://www.ikano.net/contact-us.html
    • matt1987
    • By matt1987 17th Mar 09, 11:36 AM
    • 853 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    matt1987
    Apollo 2000 electrical stores are now in administration.
    • worcestersaver
    • By worcestersaver 18th Mar 09, 9:35 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    worcestersaver
    Apollo 2000 electrical stores are now in administration.
    Originally posted by matt1987
    The staff at Apollo 2000 are unaware of this, I wonder when they will be told.
    • matt1987
    • By matt1987 18th Mar 09, 10:22 AM
    • 853 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    matt1987
    Really? That doesnt suprise me actually.
    • matt1987
    • By matt1987 18th Mar 09, 11:33 AM
    • 853 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    matt1987
    Apollo 2000 website now " temporarily unavailable"
    • debtfreenewbie
    • By debtfreenewbie 25th Mar 09, 9:19 AM
    • 222 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    debtfreenewbie
    mfi
    We purchased some furniture from mfi three years ago and foolishly bought on credit.
    Our question is that because the company has gone bust do we still owe the money?
  • Premier
    We purchased some furniture from mfi three years ago and foolishly bought on credit.
    Our question is that because the company has gone bust do we still owe the money?
    Originally posted by debtfreenewbie
    MFI, the furniture retailer, have gone into administration.

Who is your credit agreement with? Check your credit agreement. I doubt it is with MFI. I think MFI used to use Blackhorse at one time (part of Lloyds TSB).

If you have the goods, you'll have to pay your credit provider for them (since they would have already paid MFI for them)
    • A little stressed!!
    • By A little stressed!! 25th Mar 09, 10:31 AM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    A little stressed!!
    I bought a Servis washing machine from Argos which started playing up 13months after purchase. Argos say its not their problem! It works, just not perfectly!
    I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!
  • Sarahcat
    I recently discovered that Merrick Media a publications company in Bath had gone into liquidation in February. They published such magazines as 'Greece', 'Portugal' etc.
    As I had a year's subscription for one of these magazines I am so annoyed that I wasn't contacted but obviously I'm small beer compared to the money they already owe their bank. (see Bath Chronicle for details).
    No joy for me and I did like my magazine!
    • Omega_1
    • By Omega_1 25th Mar 09, 3:23 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Omega_1
    Goods pre-paid,delivered,wrong size,then into administration
    I purchased 8 chairs based on a catalogue description, these were delivered and found to be much larger than advertised. Company advised of problem and company visited at weekend where employee on duty admitted sizes in catalogue/brochure were incorrect and agreed he would get company to confirm a refund early following week by e-mail. Nothing heard and then get notified company in administration. Have written to administrators with copy documentation but should I be contacting the Credit card people and any information as to how to present a claim would be appreciated. Thanks
  • leonardc
    Credit Note
    Not sure if anyone can advise. I have a credit note for a small local retailer that has closed down. I haven't been able to find out who the administrators are or how to.
    Can anyone help?
  • Premier
    Not sure if anyone can advise. I have a credit note for a small local retailer that has closed down. I haven't been able to find out who the administrators are or how to.
    Can anyone help?
    Originally posted by leonardc
    I don't think you'd get any jopy even if you did find the administrators.

Credit notes generally have no monetary value; they simply allow you to exchange the note for something else in the shop - a shop that you say no longer exists.

Unless the credit note stated it could be used in another store that is still trading (and is still willing to accept it), then it is probably worthless, sorry.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

914Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin