Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
  • kazzy
    • 1st Feb 06, 6:50 PM
    • 1st Feb 06, 6:50 PM
    don't you buy your food or sandwiches in the staff shop???? well cheap in there isn't it??When I worked for M & S i got some real bargains-An80 jacket for 2.Loads of cheap food.
    I now work for a building society-unfortunately we do not get discount on money!!(much better pay though!!)
    I want money..........that's what I want !!
  • greencatrus
    • 1st Feb 06, 8:04 PM
    • 1st Feb 06, 8:04 PM
    wife gets about 30% off empire stores and I can get cheap pc / video games with mine so we don't do too bad. Even sell some stuff on amazon and ebay.
  • impy78
    • 1st Feb 06, 8:19 PM
    • 1st Feb 06, 8:19 PM

A 5% discount on insurance. Which I don't need. (Totally underwhelmed!)

We do get 20% off at our local Thai resteraunt though! Much more useful!!!!
  • muddy697
    • 5th Feb 06, 9:17 PM
    • 5th Feb 06, 9:17 PM
    when i worked at the body shop we got 50% off. dont know if they still do that.
    It was a great deal as it included sale stuff!
    • Wings of Ambition
    • By Wings of Ambition 6th Feb 06, 1:47 AM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 1,351 Thanks
    Wings of Ambition
    • 6th Feb 06, 1:47 AM
    • 6th Feb 06, 1:47 AM
    IKEA staff discount used to be 15%

Best discount scheme I've ever had is when working for Virgin. As you can imagine, the company is MASSIVE, and Mr Branson has his fingers in so many pies, that there's a discount for pretty much everything you need!
    • Judi
    • By Judi 6th Feb 06, 8:25 AM
    • 12,273 Posts
    • 45,663 Thanks
    • 6th Feb 06, 8:25 AM
    • 6th Feb 06, 8:25 AM
    If you work for Telewest, you get free tv, broadband and phone package. They also match what you put in your personal pension and you can get a 20 eye examination voucher every 12 months.
    Last edited by Judi; 16-03-2006 at 6:55 PM.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Moneysava_wannaB
    • By Moneysava_wannaB 6th Feb 06, 8:48 AM
    • 390 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    • 6th Feb 06, 8:48 AM
    • 6th Feb 06, 8:48 AM
    My wife getting 25% off John Lewis and 12.5% off waitrose
  • wirm
    • 6th Feb 06, 9:32 AM
    • 6th Feb 06, 9:32 AM
    I work for Tesco and get a 10% discount off everything except petrol/cigs/lottery etc.

We also have a website with special offers - cheap dvd rental code - cheap 02 pay monthly contract

Every christmas and april we are given loads of vouchers and we get some given to use throughout the year too.
  • KizzyK
    When I worked in Pizza Hut it was 50% off in your home hut for you and 3 others and the discount card which gave 25% off eat in only Monday to Friday AM (not including set meals). Even then they were making massave profit because the pizzas only cost pennys to make and produce.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

• wirm
    I can't give my discount card to anyone to use unless I am there. If I do give it to someone (parent/spouse etc) and get caught I will get the sack straight away.

I can transfer it into someone's name for them to use but then I can't use it....bit harsh I know!
  • Karnam
    similar to arcadia where you get a 'staff discount credit card' and the discount only comes off when you get your statement
    Boots Tart
    • ka7e
    • By ka7e 6th Feb 06, 12:07 PM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 1,836 Thanks
    My son works in Sainsburys and I am named on his discount card. He is allowed one named person, either spouse or direct family member, to get his 10% discount. At Christmas and various other times of the year the discount rises to 15%, but that is offset by JS no longer issuing Xmas staff bonuses.
    My daughter and her bf get free admission and drinks in clubs where he teaches salsa. No great saving as they are both teetotal!
  • Hunnymonster
    Well my staff discount runs to 10% off list price of the goods manufactured and marketed by my company.... which meant that that last time I bought something I'd have been 120 worse off going for the staff deal than with my own nose..... not bad for an item that was under 300 list.
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

In many cases it helps if you say where you are - someone with local knowledge might be able to give local specifics rather than general advice
  • rebl43
    We pay a total of 110 per month for our (rented)3 bed semi, water rates and council tax thanks to my husbands "Staff discount"!
    • gingerdad
    • By gingerdad 6th Feb 06, 3:17 PM
    • 1,646 Posts
    • 800 Thanks
    we get free tickets to a number of tourist attractions, that we do work for.

the best staff deals are in the travel industry, used to work for BA and BMI and had some wonderful trips for next to nothing

The futures bright the future is Ginger
    • zappomatic
    • By zappomatic 6th Feb 06, 3:34 PM
    • 576 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    In addition to 25% off in John Lewis and 12% off in Waitrose, I get 10% off British Museum shop and cafes, free entry to paid exhibitions there and in the Tate galleries, free entry to Royal Academy exhibitions, free entry to English Heritage properties, free entry to Wetlands and Wildfowl Trust centres and 50% off theatre and visitor attraction tickets up to 60 a year, plus a few other things I can't remember!
  • louise35
    i work for sainsburys and get 10% discount, o.h works for tesco and i get his 10% discount card
    stay lucky!
  • beautifulgorgeous
    When my 16 yr old dd workd at TKMaxx in the run up to Christmas she got 10% off for herself, her spouse, children and her dependant foster children but not her Mum and Dad who support her!
    • nearlyrich
    • By nearlyrich 6th Feb 06, 7:46 PM
    • 13,067 Posts
    • 15,797 Thanks
    I get about 30% off goods in our staff shop, includes DVD's, CD's and consumer electronics, we also have a website with the full range of our kit on at similar discount.
    NEW to the Forum? I'm the Board Guide on
    Debt-Free Wannabe

I can move and change posts but I don't have time to read everything. If you spot a reportable post please use the button below.

Any views are mine and not the official line of
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,859Posts Today

8,310Users online

Martin's Twitter