Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alwaysonthego
    • By alwaysonthego 1st Feb 10, 6:06 PM
    • 7,912Posts
    • 10,748Thanks
    alwaysonthego
    0 WOW
    Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]
    • 1st Feb 10, 6:06 PM
    0 WOW
    Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged] 1st Feb 10 at 6:06 PM
    This is a continuation of the previous thread which can be read here

The thread for Tesco Voucher Codes can be found HERE.
    Whilst the discussion thread can be found HERE.

This thread is for discussion of everything else related to Tesco Clubcard.

For discussion on the Loyalty Points Article, please join us HERE
    Last edited by alwaysonthego; 03-02-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Page 51
  • vicki+1
    i have had a tesco credit card for a while but not really used it, am making a consious effort to use it on my petrol now
  • pub_dog
    First post for a while.

With my eye on the countdown to the 6th Dec deadline I decided to book a weekend break (a regular gig so to speak) in a hotel in a market town to attend a festival. Never had a problem before with three hotel chains supplying establishments in the area and therefore having the option to pick and choose where I stay. My experience this time round. One hotel opting out of the scheme (but may come back on board at a later date) and the other two quoting non availability for my dates (over quota). Never had a problem before. The festival itself is far from mainstream.

I am instantly suspicious. I have another regular gig around the wifes birthday which I'm going to sound out (different dates and destinations) and If the same thing occurs, well, it would be easy for me to suspect collusion between Tesco and its partners with Tesco "encouraging" its partners to declare non availability till after the deadline. However, thinking of the logistics of carrying this out and the repercussions if it was to be the case lead me to think I might be a little paranoid. But then again, thats what they all say.........

Anybody else experiencing this since the announcement?
  • littlerose12345
    First post for a while.

With my eye on the countdown to the 6th Dec deadline I decided to book a weekend break (a regular gig so to speak) in a hotel in a market town to attend a festival. Never had a problem before with three hotel chains supplying establishments in the area and therefore having the option to pick and choose where I stay. My experience this time round. One hotel opting out of the scheme (but may come back on board at a later date) and the other two quoting non availability for my dates (over quota). Never had a problem before. The festival itself is far from mainstream.

I am instantly suspicious. I have another regular gig around the wifes birthday which I'm going to sound out (different dates and destinations) and If the same thing occurs, well, it would be easy for me to suspect collusion between Tesco and its partners with Tesco "encouraging" its partners to declare non availability till after the deadline. However, thinking of the logistics of carrying this out and the repercussions if it was to be the case lead me to think I might be a little paranoid. But then again, thats what they all say.........

Anybody else experiencing this since the announcement?
    Originally posted by pub_dog
    Hi Pub_Dog

I've had the same problem, although I've only tried calling up one hotel so far..

Very bizarre that when we checked on their website they were showing availability but then I called them direct and all the weekends I was looking for were apparently fully booked. She did give me another number to try however so may give that a go...
    • Mumto2
    • By Mumto2 24th Nov 10, 4:19 PM
    • 1,336 Posts
    • 1,669 Thanks
    Mumto2
    Hi Pub_Dog

I've had the same problem, although I've only tried calling up one hotel so far..

Very bizarre that when we checked on their website they were showing availability but then I called them direct and all the weekends I was looking for were apparently fully booked. She did give me another number to try however so may give that a go...
    Originally posted by littlerose12345
    As far as I know they only have a certain number of rooms available to clubcard vouchers at any one time. This may be why there was availability online, but not when you rang up.
    Now proud Mumto3
    • daska
    • By daska 24th Nov 10, 5:38 PM
    • 6,013 Posts
    • 11,915 Thanks
    daska
    Hi I am planning to spend the clubcard point on Megabus. The T&C usually state that 'token are not transferable'. So just wonder if I am going to book 6 tickets for myself and family, could I use the clubcard towards the whole tickets or it can only be used for my ticket? Does anyone know about this?
    Thank you.
    Originally posted by amphy
    I have never used Tesco vouchers for Megabus, although have used their cheap train service many times (fares are often only 1 so not worth using a Tesco voucher !!).

Anyway, when you get to the checkout on Megabus there is a box that says something about voucher. I suspect you just put in the voucher number and it will deduct it from the balance outstanding.

To be sure, why not ring Megabus - after having looked for a geographical number at 'saynoto0870.com' first, else you will have a horrendus phone bill at the end !
    Originally posted by I-LOV-MONEY
    You will be ok as all it asks is for the Token number that you get emailed from Tescos as i did it a few weeks ago and that all they need to know.

By the way they wont send the tokens in the post they send them by email.

Hope that helps.
    Originally posted by rich_shot2003
    I've been trying to book with Megabus all afternoon, fine if I want to pay real money but it wasn't going to do anything with the tokens. Finally rang Tesco (cos I wasn't going to spend 60p/minute) and 2 hours later they've rung back to confirm that they can't get it to work either so they will refund me my 5 voucher.

So, if I were you I'd just cough up the real dough and use your Clubcard Rewards for some magazines to read on the journey.
    • flea72
    • By flea72 24th Nov 10, 7:57 PM
    • 5,155 Posts
    • 5,160 Thanks
    flea72
    easy for me to suspect collusion between Tesco and its partners with Tesco "encouraging" its partners to declare non availability till after the deadline
    Originally posted by pub_dog
    unless they are vetoing all availability for the next 6m (because thats how long deal tokens are valid for), then yes, i do think you are paranoid

whats stopping you changing up vouchers now, whilst they are still at 4x the value?

F
  • sparky1664
    You will be ok as all it asks is for the Token number that you get emailed from Tescos as i did it a few weeks ago and that all they need to know.

By the way they wont send the tokens in the post they send them by email.

Hope that helps.
    Originally posted by rich_shot2003
    Now I'm really worried.
    I ordered double up vouchers online to use online, expecting the codes to be emailed to me. I've had an acknowledgement, followed by a despatch email...sent by Royal Mail??????
    This was over a week ago now...help!
  • Pippajo
    I sent tesco a question but they are so busy I think it will be easier to get the answer on here. I have a 15 clubcard voucher and I want to get 4x prezzo tokens. Will they send it as a 60 token or does it usually come in smaller increments as without drinks we would not spend that amount in Prezzo?

If not I'll trade in less and get the balance back on the next mailing at 3x.
    • flea72
    • By flea72 24th Nov 10, 9:49 PM
    • 5,155 Posts
    • 5,160 Thanks
    flea72
    I sent tesco a question but they are so busy I think it will be easier to get the answer on here. I have a 15 clubcard voucher and I want to get 4x prezzo tokens. Will they send it as a 60 token or does it usually come in smaller increments as without drinks we would not spend that amount in Prezzo?

If not I'll trade in less and get the balance back on the next mailing at 3x.
    Originally posted by Pippajo
    prezzo vouchers usually come in 10s

F
    • flea72
    • By flea72 24th Nov 10, 9:50 PM
    • 5,155 Posts
    • 5,160 Thanks
    flea72
    Now I'm really worried.
    I ordered double up vouchers online to use online, expecting the codes to be emailed to me. I've had an acknowledgement, followed by a despatch email...sent by Royal Mail??????
    This was over a week ago now...help!
    Originally posted by sparky1664
    check your spam folder. they are def emailed, even though the email says royal mail

F
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 24th Nov 10, 10:24 PM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 1,593 Thanks
    no1catman
    Hi still never received restaurant deals tokens and 2 wks had passed so phoned tesco waited ages and ages to get through and in the end ...... a man answered
    they dont know where vouchers are so sending out new ones and have told me they will be with me before xmas very much hope so as this is our treat and want these for xmas.they really really busy at present.
    Originally posted by saveabobortwo
    snipped

You did say to Tesco didn't you that you didn't receive your 'restaurant deals tokens'?
    That is you rang 0808 1000 707 for Tesco Freetime, rather than the standard Clubcard no?
    It just that the rest seems ambigous - could apply to cash vouchers not rec'd and 'rolled over' for next mailing!
    • ralphy
    • By ralphy 24th Nov 10, 10:25 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    ralphy
    Tesco's petrol is always more expensive around my way than Sainsburys. Their own brand food is pretty tasteless too. Give me Sainsburys any day.
    Originally posted by smoker99
    I totally agree, i won't be buying petrol from Tesco anymore, Sainsbury's/BP all the way now - Nectar points!!
  • Pippajo
    prezzo vouchers usually come in 10s

F
    Originally posted by flea72
    Thanks! I'll do the 15 and go twice
    • adoreholidays
    • By adoreholidays 25th Nov 10, 8:47 AM
    • 4,470 Posts
    • 49,880 Thanks
    adoreholidays
    Please check your reward deal tokens carefully ordered 2 x celtic deals for personalised items for DH for christmas turned up yesterday 1 correct with celtic the other has Aston Villa on the actual token even though the form to fill in is correct with celtic bearing in mind these took 2 weeks to come I rang yesterday now have to send the wrong one back with covering letter then wait for them to replace it and post again it takes 7 days when I send the form off to claim the item with post gradually getting busier what is the chances of having this sorted by Christmas to go with the other. LOL

SO CHECK DEALS VOUCHERS CAREFULLY
  • saveabobortwo
    Hi have received tesco vouchers
    Hello i have received tesco clubcard vouchers then ordered online tesco clubcard restaurant deals on 9th feb and its these vouchers that have nt turned up i have waited 2 wks and contacted tesco clubcard phoning the number on my card and they have said they will send out a new lot of deals vouchers it does get confusing having to change up vouchers etc.well i hope they dont send out clubcard vouchers and not the deals vouchers because they have my order on record and i shall be annoyed if they dont send my restaurant deals as originally ordered think i might ring up and just confirm as i do find it rather odd that royal mail is so late sending these out .
    • NEH
    • By NEH 25th Nov 10, 9:29 AM
    • 2,411 Posts
    • 1,896 Thanks
    NEH
    It was at the beginning of November and it was in the mailing...

Nectar points are useless compared to Tesco Clubcard points...I have over 1000 nectar points and the only thing i can get is 5 off cinema tickets....
    • MrsBartolozzi
    • By MrsBartolozzi 25th Nov 10, 9:44 AM
    • 6,206 Posts
    • 48,799 Thanks
    MrsBartolozzi
    It was at the beginning of November and it was in the mailing...

Nectar points are useless compared to Tesco Clubcard points...I have over 1000 nectar points and the only thing i can get is 5 off cinema tickets....
    Originally posted by NEH
    Or 5 off Argos, or 5 off Sainsbury's or... there are lots of other things.

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
    • NEH
    • By NEH 25th Nov 10, 9:56 AM
    • 2,411 Posts
    • 1,896 Thanks
    NEH
    Or 5 off Argos, or 5 off Sainsbury's or... there are lots of other things.
    Originally posted by MrsBartolozzi

But for the amount it takes to get to 1000 and something points it's hardly a lot when i get 3 x that with clubcard??
  • renegade
    But for the amount it takes to get to 1000 and something points it's hardly a lot when i get 3 x that with clubcard??
    Originally posted by NEH
    I cannot understand why people go chasing for points from the supermarkets? It makes more sense to buy quality food at low prices and shop around!
    You live..You learn.
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 25th Nov 10, 10:50 AM
    • 837 Posts
    • 554 Thanks
    steve1500
    I was gutted when the change came as my local Tesco Express where I filled up gave double points 5 petrol 10 pts
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

393Posts Today

3,749Users online

Martin's Twitter