Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Food Shopping & Groceries > Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Q... (Page 51)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]
Closed Thread
Views: 316,458
# 1001
vicki+1
Old 24-11-2010, 3:22 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i have had a tesco credit card for a while but not really used it, am making a consious effort to use it on my petrol now
The Following User Says Thank You to vicki+1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1002
pub_dog
Old 24-11-2010, 3:30 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

First post for a while.

With my eye on the countdown to the 6th Dec deadline I decided to book a weekend break (a regular gig so to speak) in a hotel in a market town to attend a festival. Never had a problem before with three hotel chains supplying establishments in the area and therefore having the option to pick and choose where I stay. My experience this time round. One hotel opting out of the scheme (but may come back on board at a later date) and the other two quoting non availability for my dates (over quota). Never had a problem before. The festival itself is far from mainstream.

I am instantly suspicious. I have another regular gig around the wifes birthday which I'm going to sound out (different dates and destinations) and If the same thing occurs, well, it would be easy for me to suspect collusion between Tesco and its partners with Tesco "encouraging" its partners to declare non availability till after the deadline. However, thinking of the logistics of carrying this out and the repercussions if it was to be the case lead me to think I might be a little paranoid. But then again, thats what they all say.........

Anybody else experiencing this since the announcement?
# 1003
littlerose12345
Old 24-11-2010, 3:38 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pub_dog View Post
First post for a while.

With my eye on the countdown to the 6th Dec deadline I decided to book a weekend break (a regular gig so to speak) in a hotel in a market town to attend a festival. Never had a problem before with three hotel chains supplying establishments in the area and therefore having the option to pick and choose where I stay. My experience this time round. One hotel opting out of the scheme (but may come back on board at a later date) and the other two quoting non availability for my dates (over quota). Never had a problem before. The festival itself is far from mainstream.

I am instantly suspicious. I have another regular gig around the wifes birthday which I'm going to sound out (different dates and destinations) and If the same thing occurs, well, it would be easy for me to suspect collusion between Tesco and its partners with Tesco "encouraging" its partners to declare non availability till after the deadline. However, thinking of the logistics of carrying this out and the repercussions if it was to be the case lead me to think I might be a little paranoid. But then again, thats what they all say.........

Anybody else experiencing this since the announcement?
Hi Pub_Dog

I've had the same problem, although I've only tried calling up one hotel so far..

Very bizarre that when we checked on their website they were showing availability but then I called them direct and all the weekends I was looking for were apparently fully booked. She did give me another number to try however so may give that a go...
The Following User Says Thank You to littlerose12345 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1004
Mumto2
Old 24-11-2010, 4:19 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlerose12345 View Post
Hi Pub_Dog

I've had the same problem, although I've only tried calling up one hotel so far..

Very bizarre that when we checked on their website they were showing availability but then I called them direct and all the weekends I was looking for were apparently fully booked. She did give me another number to try however so may give that a go...
As far as I know they only have a certain number of rooms available to clubcard vouchers at any one time. This may be why there was availability online, but not when you rang up.
Now proud Mumto3
# 1005
daska
Old 24-11-2010, 5:38 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphy View Post
Hi I am planning to spend the clubcard point on Megabus. The T&C usually state that 'token are not transferable'. So just wonder if I am going to book 6 tickets for myself and family, could I use the clubcard towards the whole tickets or it can only be used for my ticket? Does anyone know about this?
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-LOV-MONEY View Post
I have never used Tesco vouchers for Megabus, although have used their cheap train service many times (fares are often only 1 so not worth using a Tesco voucher !!).

Anyway, when you get to the checkout on Megabus there is a box that says something about voucher. I suspect you just put in the voucher number and it will deduct it from the balance outstanding.

To be sure, why not ring Megabus - after having looked for a geographical number at 'saynoto0870.com' first, else you will have a horrendus phone bill at the end !
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_shot2003 View Post
You will be ok as all it asks is for the Token number that you get emailed from Tescos as i did it a few weeks ago and that all they need to know.

By the way they wont send the tokens in the post they send them by email.

Hope that helps.
I've been trying to book with Megabus all afternoon, fine if I want to pay real money but it wasn't going to do anything with the tokens. Finally rang Tesco (cos I wasn't going to spend 60p/minute) and 2 hours later they've rung back to confirm that they can't get it to work either so they will refund me my 5 voucher.

So, if I were you I'd just cough up the real dough and use your Clubcard Rewards for some magazines to read on the journey.
The Following User Says Thank You to daska For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1006
flea72
Old 24-11-2010, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pub_dog View Post
easy for me to suspect collusion between Tesco and its partners with Tesco "encouraging" its partners to declare non availability till after the deadline
unless they are vetoing all availability for the next 6m (because thats how long deal tokens are valid for), then yes, i do think you are paranoid

whats stopping you changing up vouchers now, whilst they are still at 4x the value?

F
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flea72 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1007
sparky1664
Old 24-11-2010, 8:43 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_shot2003 View Post
You will be ok as all it asks is for the Token number that you get emailed from Tescos as i did it a few weeks ago and that all they need to know.

By the way they wont send the tokens in the post they send them by email.

Hope that helps.
Now I'm really worried.
I ordered double up vouchers online to use online, expecting the codes to be emailed to me. I've had an acknowledgement, followed by a despatch email...sent by Royal Mail??????
This was over a week ago now...help!
The Following User Says Thank You to sparky1664 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1008
Pippajo
Old 24-11-2010, 9:37 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I sent tesco a question but they are so busy I think it will be easier to get the answer on here. I have a 15 clubcard voucher and I want to get 4x prezzo tokens. Will they send it as a 60 token or does it usually come in smaller increments as without drinks we would not spend that amount in Prezzo?

If not I'll trade in less and get the balance back on the next mailing at 3x.
# 1009
flea72
Old 24-11-2010, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippajo View Post
I sent tesco a question but they are so busy I think it will be easier to get the answer on here. I have a 15 clubcard voucher and I want to get 4x prezzo tokens. Will they send it as a 60 token or does it usually come in smaller increments as without drinks we would not spend that amount in Prezzo?

If not I'll trade in less and get the balance back on the next mailing at 3x.
prezzo vouchers usually come in 10s

F
# 1010
flea72
Old 24-11-2010, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky1664 View Post
Now I'm really worried.
I ordered double up vouchers online to use online, expecting the codes to be emailed to me. I've had an acknowledgement, followed by a despatch email...sent by Royal Mail??????
This was over a week ago now...help!
check your spam folder. they are def emailed, even though the email says royal mail

F
The Following User Says Thank You to flea72 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1011
no1catman
Old 24-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveabobortwo View Post
Hi still never received restaurant deals tokens and 2 wks had passed so phoned tesco waited ages and ages to get through and in the end ...... a man answered
they dont know where vouchers are so sending out new ones and have told me they will be with me before xmas very much hope so as this is our treat and want these for xmas.they really really busy at present.
snipped

You did say to Tesco didn't you that you didn't receive your 'restaurant deals tokens'?
That is you rang 0808 1000 707 for Tesco Freetime, rather than the standard Clubcard no?
It just that the rest seems ambigous - could apply to cash vouchers not rec'd and 'rolled over' for next mailing!
# 1012
ralphy
Old 24-11-2010, 10:25 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Send a message via MSN to ralphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoker99 View Post
Tesco's petrol is always more expensive around my way than Sainsburys. Their own brand food is pretty tasteless too. Give me Sainsburys any day.
I totally agree, i won't be buying petrol from Tesco anymore, Sainsbury's/BP all the way now - Nectar points!!
# 1013
Pippajo
Old 25-11-2010, 6:51 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea72 View Post
prezzo vouchers usually come in 10s

F
Thanks! I'll do the 15 and go twice
# 1014
adoreholidays
Old 25-11-2010, 8:47 AM

Please check your reward deal tokens carefully ordered 2 x celtic deals for personalised items for DH for christmas turned up yesterday 1 correct with celtic the other has Aston Villa on the actual token even though the form to fill in is correct with celtic bearing in mind these took 2 weeks to come I rang yesterday now have to send the wrong one back with covering letter then wait for them to replace it and post again it takes 7 days when I send the form off to claim the item with post gradually getting busier what is the chances of having this sorted by Christmas to go with the other. LOL

SO CHECK DEALS VOUCHERS CAREFULLY
The Following User Says Thank You to adoreholidays For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1015
saveabobortwo
Old 25-11-2010, 8:55 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Hi have received tesco vouchers

Hello i have received tesco clubcard vouchers then ordered online tesco clubcard restaurant deals on 9th feb and its these vouchers that have nt turned up i have waited 2 wks and contacted tesco clubcard phoning the number on my card and they have said they will send out a new lot of deals vouchers it does get confusing having to change up vouchers etc.well i hope they dont send out clubcard vouchers and not the deals vouchers because they have my order on record and i shall be annoyed if they dont send my restaurant deals as originally ordered think i might ring up and just confirm as i do find it rather odd that royal mail is so late sending these out .
The Following User Says Thank You to saveabobortwo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1016
NEH
Old 25-11-2010, 9:29 AM

It was at the beginning of November and it was in the mailing...

Nectar points are useless compared to Tesco Clubcard points...I have over 1000 nectar points and the only thing i can get is 5 off cinema tickets....
# 1017
MrsBartolozzi
Old 25-11-2010, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEH View Post
It was at the beginning of November and it was in the mailing...

Nectar points are useless compared to Tesco Clubcard points...I have over 1000 nectar points and the only thing i can get is 5 off cinema tickets....
Or 5 off Argos, or 5 off Sainsbury's or... there are lots of other things.

It's only a game
~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
# 1018
NEH
Old 25-11-2010, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBartolozzi View Post
Or 5 off Argos, or 5 off Sainsbury's or... there are lots of other things.

But for the amount it takes to get to 1000 and something points it's hardly a lot when i get 3 x that with clubcard??
The Following User Says Thank You to NEH For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1019
renegade
Old 25-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEH View Post
But for the amount it takes to get to 1000 and something points it's hardly a lot when i get 3 x that with clubcard??
I cannot understand why people go chasing for points from the supermarkets? It makes more sense to buy quality food at low prices and shop around!
You live..You learn.
The Following User Says Thank You to renegade For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1020
steve1500
Old 25-11-2010, 10:50 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I was gutted when the change came as my local Tesco Express where I filled up gave double points 5 petrol 10 pts
Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
The Following User Says Thank You to steve1500 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread