Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    LydiaJ
    Wireless problem (Dell Inspiron 1545)
    • 22nd Jan 09, 9:54 PM
    Wireless problem (Dell Inspiron 1545) 22nd Jan 09 at 9:54 PM
    Hi All

I have a fairly new Dell Inspiron 1545. It's been working wirelessly without problems until recently, but now it says its wireless is disabled, and I can't work out how to enable it again.

I can see the icon with the red X in the notification area saying that wireles is disabled. If I right click and tell it to "enable radio" I get a message box saying "The Dell wireless WLAN card is still disabled. Slide the wireless ON/OFF switch to enable it." But I can't find a slide switch, and I didn't think the machine had one. I've tried pression Fn-F2, and holding them down for several seconds, but nothing happens. I've tried disconnecting everything and rebooting, but it doesn't help.

When I look in the help files under troubleshooting, I read that there's a "Disable Upon Wired Connect property" which I know I don't want. I occasionally take the machine into work, where I use it wired, and I don't want to keep having to reenable the wireless every time I take it home again. But the help files don't tell me how to deselect this option. I am (obviously) using it wired to type this plea for help, but I have been disconnecting the wired connection every time I try switching the wireless back on.

Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated. People on here have been so helpful to me in the past. Thank you very much.
    Tyre performance in wet conditions deteriorates rapidly when they get below about 3mm - change yours when they get dangerous, not just when they are approaching illegal (1.6mm).
    Oh, and wear your seatbelt. My kids are only alive because they were wearing theirs when somebody else was driving in wet weather with worn tyres.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,149Posts Today

8,349Users online

Martin's Twitter