Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    cazziej
    Disability Premium -who qualifies?
    • 17th Jan 09, 10:28 PM
    Disability Premium -who qualifies? 17th Jan 09 at 10:28 PM
    Hello, I have tried looking for the answer on a few websites but am going round in circles, so hoping some kind soul here could explain/help me to understand.

I am trying to work out if my husband should be entitled to Disability Premium.

He has been on IB and DLA for more than a year now. The last correspondence I can find regarding his IB is from February 2008 and says the following: Basic Rate 84.50, Incapacity Age Addition 8.90, the amount each week before adjustments is 93.40. He gets paid 186.80 each fortnight. His DLA is 187 every 4 weeks.

Am I right in assuming that he should then also be entitled to Disability Premium? :confused: From what I can make out he might, because he is on higher rate DLA and has been receiving these benefits for more than 52 weeks. Does anybody know how much this is and how he should apply, i.e. via his DLA or via his IB?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Carol.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

67Posts Today

3,367Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin