Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vale46
    • By vale46 7th Jan 09, 2:45 PM
    • 185Posts
    • 110Thanks
    vale46
    D.L.A. Payment dates are changeing ?
    • 7th Jan 09, 2:45 PM
    D.L.A. Payment dates are changeing ? 7th Jan 09 at 2:45 PM
    Hi all just a heads up
    had a letter informing me the from march 2009 my DLA PAYMENTS will change and it may effect others too

i currently get paid DLA in with my incapacity benefit weekly and all ways have done
    from the job centre plus

from March 2009 this will stop and i will get paid from the pension,disability and carers service but this will be paid 4 weeks in arrears. so i will be short in my weekly income for four weeks until the 4 weeks in arrears is reached then i will get my DLA.
    this is going to upset my routine and effect my bills and how i pay them.just not what i needed i pay lots of my bills weekly and the DLA paid weekly helped in how i paid those bills etc and wont help as i use pre-payment meters and the 4 weeks wait for my DLA is going to hurt

there is a option to ring a 0845 number for advice but this is going to effect me bad I feel for the 4 weeks im waiting for my DLA.
    Thanks

p.s with this happening its going to effect my direct debts too
    ive got to try and find the money to cover them.grrrrr
    Last edited by vale46; 07-01-2009 at 3:11 PM.
Page 1
  • tasone
    • 7th Jan 09, 3:24 PM
    • 7th Jan 09, 3:24 PM
    Hi all just a heads up
    had a letter informing me the from march 2009 my DLA PAYMENTS will change and it may effect others too

i currently get paid DLA in with my incapacity benefit weekly and all ways have done
    from the job centre plus

from March 2009 this will stop and i will get paid from the pension,disability and carers service but this will be paid 4 weeks in arrears. so i will be short in my weekly income for four weeks until the 4 weeks in arrears is reached then i will get my DLA.
    this is going to upset my routine and effect my bills and how i pay them.just not what i needed i pay lots of my bills weekly and the DLA paid weekly helped in how i paid those bills etc and wont help as i use pre-payment meters and the 4 weeks wait for my DLA is going to hurt

there is a option to ring a 0845 number for advice but this is going to effect me bad I feel for the 4 weeks im waiting for my DLA.
    Thanks

p.s with this happening its going to effect my direct debts too
    ive got to try and find the money to cover them.grrrrr
    Originally posted by vale46
    phone them up, and ask them to put it back to weekly payments, due to the problems you have.

we had them try and do this before with the tax credit, and their said their would not put it to 4 weeks, due to the problems we would have.

so, just call them and ask.

Andy
    • woodbine
    • By woodbine 7th Jan 09, 4:45 PM
    • 18,345 Posts
    • 24,709 Thanks
    woodbine
    • 7th Jan 09, 4:45 PM
    • 7th Jan 09, 4:45 PM
    Alot of dla claimants have been on monthly payments for sometime now,triggered after a renewal,however in cases of financial hardship they will pay weekly,you just need to contact them
    • welshsue
    • By welshsue 7th Jan 09, 6:44 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    welshsue
    • 7th Jan 09, 6:44 PM
    • 7th Jan 09, 6:44 PM
    My DLA was originally paid fortnightly in with my incapacity benefit. I received a letter a month or so ago saying they were changing my DLA to monthly and it would be paid seperately to IB.
    I rang them and said I couldn't budget on it being paid monthly as I have bills going out at various stages in the month and they changed it to weekly.

Give them a ring, they will change it for you.
    • vale46
    • By vale46 7th Jan 09, 7:50 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    vale46
    • 7th Jan 09, 7:50 PM
    • 7th Jan 09, 7:50 PM
    thanks people for the reply all.cheers
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 7th Jan 09, 7:55 PM
    • 4,948 Posts
    • 160,107 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    • 7th Jan 09, 7:55 PM
    • 7th Jan 09, 7:55 PM
    Our DLA payment is paid every 4 weeks on a Tuesday and always has been.
    Total weight loss since 01/08/2015 - 5st 11lbs
    Weight left to lose - 1st 8lbs

• strong96
    • 8th Jan 09, 8:52 AM
    • 8th Jan 09, 8:52 AM
    ours is every 4 weeks on a tuesday and has been for 10 years
  • TaBunny
    • 8th Jan 09, 11:13 AM
    • 8th Jan 09, 11:13 AM
    Mine's always been on monthly, I'm sorry to hear about your problem, I think if you drop them a line they will change it back to weekly it worked for me with IB
  • Broken hearted
    • 8th Jan 09, 1:43 PM
    • 8th Jan 09, 1:43 PM
    Ours has always been monthly
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

451Posts Today

3,917Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick goodbye (for now)... https://t.co/00uuzdpqAv

• Still fighting - hoping for chinks in the armour as there's a new administration https://t.co/XMYOGshhI0

• About to speak to talented teens from underprivileged backgrounds re student finance. Far more difficult to be +ve after retrospective hikes

• Follow Martin