Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    indiegirl
    My washing machine vibrates the whole kitchen!
    • 20th Jan 06, 12:32 PM
    My washing machine vibrates the whole kitchen! 20th Jan 06 at 12:32 PM
    Hello,

I've just moved into a first floor flat, and have - so far - kept the thin vinyl flooring that the builders installed. I had my washing machine on spin last night, and my downstairs neighbour knocked to inform me that her kitchen lights were shaking! To be fair, it was a heavy load and on a fast spin, but I noticed that it was affecting my kitchen floor quite badly in terms of vibrations.

I'm planning on getting some thicker (and nicer!) vinyl flooring down at some point, but can anyone recommend anything either in the meantime, or some sort of insulating underlay that I can use with new vinyl flooring?? I definitely don't want to annoy my new neighbours, but will still need to spin the washing machine!

TIA

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

605Posts Today

1,646Users online

Martin's Twitter