Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 235
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 21st Dec 17, 6:48 PM
    • 11,798 Posts
    • 8,892 Thanks
    fatbelly
    So my budget on DRO is £1700, I'm currently taking home £1400 but this may increase soon to £1650.

How easy is it to inform IS. Will an email be ok? Will I have to resubmit payslips etc.
    Originally posted by lowey133
    Are you saying that you have a DRO and are still in the 12-month moratorium period?

Are you saying that your income is increasing but is still less than the expenditure that you declared on your application?

There is only a problem if your surplus income is greater than £50 per month. Maybe run this past your intermediary but if I've understood you correctly there is nothing to report.
    • lowey133
    • By lowey133 22nd Dec 17, 8:38 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lowey133
    Yes 2 months into moratorium. Pay increase would still be less than the expenditure.

So am right Im thinking nothing to report until I go over £1749.99 income. (Expenditure is £1700)
    • lowey133
    • By lowey133 22nd Dec 17, 8:39 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lowey133
    Obviously very unlikely to go over hence the DRO in the first place.
  • National Debtline
    Yes 2 months into moratorium. Pay increase would still be less than the expenditure.

So am right Im thinking nothing to report until I go over £1749.99 income. (Expenditure is £1700)
    Originally posted by lowey133

Your thinking is correct - you should report any changes that mean you no longer meet the original DRO criteria. Same would apply if, for example, you inherited assets worth in excess of £1,000.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • Malckapinkboots
    • By Malckapinkboots 5th Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Malckapinkboots
    Dro help.
    Hi there I need help. I'm waiting to here back off step change but untill then I'm hoping to get help and advice here. Sorry about grammar. I'm in nearly 20 thousand pounds of debt. I'm on a dmp but only paying minimum of 5 pound each creditor. I've currently been signed off sick with depression. Is a dro a possiblity for me? But my main worry is i owe my company some money for a debt they helped me with. Where do i stand with that and getting a DRO. I need to start again and get my life back in control. Many thanks I'm advance x
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 5th Jan 18, 7:14 PM
    • 11,798 Posts
    • 8,892 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Hi there I need help. I'm waiting to here back off step change but untill then I'm hoping to get help and advice here. Sorry about grammar. I'm in nearly 20 thousand pounds of debt. I'm on a dmp but only paying minimum of 5 pound each creditor. I've currently been signed off sick with depression. Is a dro a possiblity for me? But my main worry is i owe my company some money for a debt they helped me with. Where do i stand with that and getting a DRO. I need to start again and get my life back in control. Many thanks I'm advance x
    Originally posted by Malckapinkboots
    Provided you meet the Basic Criteria for a debt relief order then you qualify:

•Must not be a homeowner,

• Debts less than £20,000,

• Can have a car worth up to £1000,

• No other assets of more than £1000,

• Must have £50 or less left at month end, after all essential payments have been made (not inc debt repayments),

• Cannot have had a DRO in last 6 years

If you owe money to your employer then that would be a qualifying debt and must be listed. You would then be forbidden from repaying it and they would be forbidden from demanding payment. Would that cause a problem?
    • Malckapinkboots
    • By Malckapinkboots 5th Jan 18, 8:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Malckapinkboots
    Thankyou for such a quixk reply . I mean it wouldn't be a very nice thing to do. It's difficult I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. For what reasons would a DRO get refused do you No? I just want to start again. X
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 5th Jan 18, 8:22 PM
    • 11,798 Posts
    • 8,892 Thanks
    fatbelly
    DRO applications don't get declined very often because they have to be done through an intermediary who will advise you not to proceed if you don't meet those basic criteria. If you do meet them, you get the DRO.
    • Heliotr
    • By Heliotr 10th Jan 18, 11:48 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Heliotr
    Hello

After months of putting my head under the sand ive finally got all the information together needed to start my DRO application, I sent off the paperwork application to StepChange a few days ago.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea of the current average waiting time for stepchange to process this? and to get to the stage of paying the £90 fee and it being sent off.

Are we talking a couple of weeks maybe longer?

Many thanks
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 10th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    • 11,798 Posts
    • 8,892 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Hello

After months of putting my head under the sand ive finally got all the information together needed to start my DRO application, I sent off the paperwork application to StepChange a few days ago.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea of the current average waiting time for stepchange to process this? and to get to the stage of paying the £90 fee and it being sent off.

Are we talking a couple of weeks maybe longer?

Many thanks
    Originally posted by Heliotr
    I don't work for stepchange but they were saying 6-8 weeks last year. Are they getting the credit report, or you?
    • Heliotr
    • By Heliotr 10th Jan 18, 2:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Heliotr
    Hi thanks for the reply
    Wow 6-8 weeks was hoping it would be a little sooner than that, but i presume they are very busy with applications.

I have printed off my noodle credit report and see the it along with the application.
    • User1976
    • By User1976 11th Jan 18, 7:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    User1976
    It took four months for my DRO from start to paying barcode. Although there was Christmas in the middle of that
    • Twubble
    • By Twubble 11th Jan 18, 10:05 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Twubble
    My application was received 3 weeks and 2 days ago, and I have been told that it will be between 3 and 5 weeks before I hear anymore. It's the busy time of year. I'm going through Business Debtline, but I think they're all pretty busy at the moment.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

133Posts Today

1,925Users online

Martin's Twitter