Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 232
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 15th Jul 17, 2:06 PM
    • 11,153 Posts
    • 10,826 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Thanks for your reply. I called stepchange this morning there waiting time is around 2 weeks, have to call back monday to discuss dro and update my budget to move forward.

Either way its a step in the right direction
    One of my debts has been passed to a collection agency whilst on a dmp no notification only found out as i called aqua to get an updated balance on my account!! didnt think to let me know.
    Originally posted by debtdepressed
    Dont worry about been chased for these debts, debt collection can be a very long process, nothing happens quickly, all they will do is write to you and call you for the foreseeable future.

If it bothers you that much simply write or email them and inform them of your intention to enter a DRO, they will most likely turn there attentions to someone else whose debt they can recover.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • debtdepressed
    • By debtdepressed 16th Jul 17, 10:53 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    debtdepressed
    change of circumstances
    Hi again,

Another question.

Upon thinking of thinks im now considering if i sjould wait for a DRO the reason being is that my job ends 31st august and my maternity allowance starts 17th september (probably paid end of sep) so the whole month i have no income.

BUT the end of september to the end of November i will receive MA at 139 a week and CB 20.80 a week. I will be paying nursey fees no more so although im saving 600 nursey fees plus 100 work expenses a month im losing 500 in income, so although im around 100 a month better off i need baby things milk nappies bottles clothes etc with my partner contributing.

Im worried they will see my surplus of being more then 50 a month, come end of november when my baby is born that will be extra cost so im not worried about that, its the month october and november.

So because the waiting time is 9 weeks am i best going ahead and telling them my 2 change of circumstances (end of aug when my job ends no nursey fees, petrol expense less but no income for september) OR the end of November ( when my MA will all be in place and new baby here)

Any advice recommendations would help.

I really dont see my gaining any extra income at all due to me needing baby items.

Thanks in advance x
    • debtdepressed
    • By debtdepressed 16th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    debtdepressed
    Also to add as i will not be working i will also lose the 116 a month tax credit childcare element, so perhaps ive answered my own question il be down atleast 650 a month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

782Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin