Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Neil B
    • 22nd Dec 08, 4:59 PM
    • 22nd Dec 08, 4:59 PM
    It's a very well known site, frequently being mentioned on other forums.

There was some mention of the Uni threatening to withold Graduation for non-payment I think! Ridiculous.

As so often mentioned there is clearly a problem there.

Basically this is a private ticket and only enforceable via contract law. To be so they have to prove you agreed to a contract (via signage etc)

These ppc s tend to send loads of threatening letters re debt collectors Court action, bauliffs etc. This is all bluff. Only a very tiny percentage ever reach Court - something like 0.1 % (if that). Many then lose.

Very often the original ticket is illegal through use of wrong terminology and so is subsequent paperwork.

There is no point in appealing at all. Best advice is to completely ignore them.

They tend to go away after about 6 nasty letters.

speak to your SU cos, as I said, well known site.
  • cdti
    • 23rd Dec 08, 5:10 PM
    • 23rd Dec 08, 5:10 PM
    i paid up 4 times last year, but that was a different car!
  • Conor
    • 23rd Dec 08, 6:11 PM
    • 23rd Dec 08, 6:11 PM
    i paid up 4 times last year, but that was a different car!
    Originally posted by cdti
    Proof that students are stupid.
    • Neillgb
    • By Neillgb 23rd Dec 08, 7:02 PM
    • 543 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Neillgb
    • 23rd Dec 08, 7:02 PM
    • 23rd Dec 08, 7:02 PM
    Im a student at keele university and there is a private company that tickets on campus. They are called car parking partnership. Anyway I parked on the pavement with no pay and display ticket. I got a CPN. My mate who parked in front of me got a ticket even though she had a pay ad display.

Can i get out of it?
    Originally posted by cdti
    Why not get even??

Do your homework(no pun intended ), it's all on this site, and write to the University pointing out the behaviour of the parking company. Pay particular attention to the fact that their 'penalties' are unenforceable. Make sure everybody at the Uni knows. Put it in the Uni rag and on the Notice boards etc!!!! What about putting some leaflets on the Uni bar..........
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 23rd Dec 08, 7:26 PM
    • 22,158 Posts
    • 26,406 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 23rd Dec 08, 7:26 PM
    • 23rd Dec 08, 7:26 PM
    Proof that students are stupid.
    Originally posted by Conor
    No, proof that students are generally law abiding citizens, just less experienced than their elders.
    Millies gone back to Thailand, Roll on Summer.
  • Conor
    • 25th Dec 08, 1:29 AM
    • 25th Dec 08, 1:29 AM
    No, proof that students are generally law abiding citizens,
    Originally posted by peter_the_piper
    Of course they are. Want to hazard a guess at the percentage who do drugs?
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 25th Dec 08, 9:58 AM
    • 22,158 Posts
    • 26,406 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 25th Dec 08, 9:58 AM
    • 25th Dec 08, 9:58 AM
    Probably the same as trolls. Merry Christmas.
    Millies gone back to Thailand, Roll on Summer.
  • ovalmaximus
    • 12th Oct 10, 10:28 AM
    • 12th Oct 10, 10:28 AM
    Of course they are. Want to hazard a guess at the percentage who do drugs?
    Originally posted by Conor
    I would hazard a guess at it being somewhat marginal in comparison to our 1960/70s 'free love', pot smoking, lsd championing peers. wind your neck in you OAP.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 12th Oct 10, 1:27 PM
    • 5,279 Posts
    • 5,054 Thanks
    pogofish
    There was some mention of the Uni threatening to withold Graduation for non-payment I think! Ridiculous.
    Originally posted by Neil B
    I remember that thread. The poster making those claims was either a PPC troll or an OCD joker with a hazy grip on reality.

The Uni can only withold Graduation for monies owed directly to them. PPC operating contracts almost invariably involve an ex-gratia payment for every ticket paid, so there is no contractural or legal link/obligation to the Uni to worry about.

And a quick check of the company involved last time showed that is exactly how they operate.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 12th Oct 10, 1:36 PM
    • 5,279 Posts
    • 5,054 Thanks
    pogofish
    I would hazard a guess at it being somewhat marginal in comparison to our 1960/70s 'free love', pot smoking, lsd championing peers. wind your neck in you OAP.
    Originally posted by ovalmaximus
    This - Students these days tend to be a remarkably straight and boring bunch. Not like in my day at all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

453Posts Today

1,952Users online

Martin's Twitter