Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moneyspender1981
    • By moneyspender1981 19th Dec 08, 9:25 AM
    • 177Posts
    • 45Thanks
    moneyspender1981
    0 WOW
    Where can I buy EGGnog ?
    • 19th Dec 08, 9:25 AM
    0 WOW
    Where can I buy EGGnog ? 19th Dec 08 at 9:25 AM
    Does anyone know where I can buy EGGNOG from?

always fancied trying it
Page 1
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 19th Dec 08, 9:33 AM
    • 16,526 Posts
    • 178,702 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    • 19th Dec 08, 9:33 AM
    • 19th Dec 08, 9:33 AM
    Normally it is the same as Advocaat - you can buy it from any supermarket!

Although, I just looked in Tesco's website and they also have a Jamaican version - Serge Island Egg Nog Drink 240ml.

Good luck - I never did like it myself, it is one of those "marmite" things I think!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Sabine
    • 19th Dec 08, 9:35 AM
    Aldi stocks it usually too.
    • sinw
    • By sinw 19th Dec 08, 9:35 AM
    • 7,345 Posts
    • 40,548 Thanks
    sinw
    http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=70789

http://www.here.org.uk/2006/12/eggnog.html

apparentlt these sell it too (googled this)

http://www.candypirate.com/
  • fattyrae1
    • 19th Dec 08, 10:59 AM
    • 19th Dec 08, 10:59 AM
    http://www.americansweets.co.uk/bordens-egg-nog-limited-stocks-1st-come-1st-served-826-p.asp

They have it on this site, may be too late for christmas this year now though. By the way, i bought some last year because, like you, i'd always wanted to try it. It is stinking!!! Oh, well...
    I like my money right where I can see it - hanging in my closet.
  • Daisymac
    • 19th Dec 08, 11:02 AM
    • 19th Dec 08, 11:02 AM
    http://www.americansweets.co.uk/bordens-egg-nog-limited-stocks-1st-come-1st-served-826-p.asp

They have it on this site, may be too late for christmas this year now though. By the way, i bought some last year because, like you, i'd always wanted to try it. It is stinking!!! Oh, well...
    Originally posted by fattyrae1

It is horrid, really yucky !. I have seen it for sale in Aldi but would avoid. yuck yuck yuck
    • JJ7
    • By JJ7 19th Dec 08, 11:06 AM
    • 534 Posts
    • 1,819 Thanks
    JJ7
    • 19th Dec 08, 11:06 AM
    • 19th Dec 08, 11:06 AM
    I never did like it myself, it is one of those "marmite" things I think!

You know, you're right! Advocat and lemonade yum yum I could just drink it now - I'm still chuckling at the marmite thing.
  • Daisymac
    • 19th Dec 08, 11:08 AM
    • 19th Dec 08, 11:08 AM

You know, you're right! Advocat and lemonade yum yum I could just drink it now - I'm still chuckling at the marmite thing.
    Originally posted by JJ7

Oh no I cant even stand the smell of Advocat, but I could quite happily eat some marmite on toast
  • upsadaisy
    • 19th Dec 08, 11:15 AM
    • 19th Dec 08, 11:15 AM
    Ocado were doing it. But real homemade eggnog and the kind you buy taste completely different. Advocaat is a liqueur. Traditional eggnog is non-alcoholic.

If you want to make it at home pm I have a recipe.
    • aless02
    • By aless02 19th Dec 08, 11:18 AM
    • 5,115 Posts
    • 34,754 Thanks
    aless02
    Traditional, refrigerated eggnog is not generally sold in the UK. Trust me, I've been looking for 3 years now!

You can buy Jamaican "eggnog" in little box cartons (like Ribena :P) which is similar but not quite the same. Honestly, the closest thing you can find to traditional American eggnog to make it yourself - it's really not that hard.

Buying the preserved stuff in a cans/cartons is a very poor second. If you're like me and grew up on the fresh stuff you can find next to the milk, then there's really no substitute.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12!
    • JJ7
    • By JJ7 19th Dec 08, 11:22 AM
    • 534 Posts
    • 1,819 Thanks
    JJ7
    real homemade eggnog and the kind you buy taste completely different. Advocaat is a liqueur
    Oh crikey, I've shown my ignorance now but seeing as I only have a sip once a year it's understandable - I hope.
  • scorpio13
    Does anyone know where I can buy EGGNOG from?

always fancied trying it
    Originally posted by moneyspender1981
    Saw some in Morrisons yesterday,.......they had loads in stock, but i didn't check the price.:rolleyes:

Should be pretty cheap though!
  • csimpson
    Selfridges Manchester sell it, not sur eon the price though?
    • recovering spendaholic
    • By recovering spendaholic 19th Dec 08, 11:06 PM
    • 3,056 Posts
    • 15,425 Thanks
    recovering spendaholic
    Saw some in Morrisons yesterday,.......they had loads in stock, but i didn't check the price.:rolleyes:

Should be pretty cheap though!
    Originally posted by scorpio13
    Was it the alcoholic or non-alcholic milk carton type one? I have a worrying addiction to Starbucks egg nog latte and it's costing me a fortune!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 20th Dec 08, 1:16 AM
    • 12,018 Posts
    • 11,407 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Selfridges in London also sell it (last time I looked- early december!) may have sold out this time of year though.

If you want a taste, you could try the made up version starbucks offer with coffee? not sure if it tastes anything like the real eggnog but it calls itself "eggnog latte".
    • PiratePete
    • By PiratePete 20th Dec 08, 9:58 AM
    • 213 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    PiratePete
    Lidl £4.99 I did a 70's themed Christmas Day pre dinner drink/buffet last year went down a storm
  • scorpio13
    Was it the alcoholic or non-alcholic milk carton type one? I have a worrying addiction to Starbucks egg nog latte and it's costing me a fortune!
    Originally posted by recovering spendaholic
    Not sure TBH.:confused:
    I just glanced at them............. and really only noticed them because there were so many bottles!
    • glyn s
    • By glyn s 20th Dec 08, 9:51 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    glyn s
    My granny had some, but she's been dead for thirty years ... i'll have a look in her cupboard and see if it's still there
    • frogglet
    • By frogglet 21st Dec 08, 9:54 PM
    • 301 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    frogglet
    I thought Advocaat and lemonade was called a Snowball.
    Tesco sell cartons of non alcoholc egg nog as I bought some a couple of weeks ago instore. Can't remember which aisle but it wasn't next to the milk.
    It was in the organic or world foods section.
    • Lifesaver
    • By Lifesaver 21st Dec 09, 3:53 AM
    • 261 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Lifesaver
    I thought Advocaat and lemonade was called a Snowball.
    Originally posted by frogglet
    It is if you add lime to it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,489Posts Today

6,420Users online

Martin's Twitter