IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Uk Parking Control Ltd
Views: 47,684
# 1
Neillgb
Old 18-12-2008, 5:32 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Uk Parking Control Ltd

Just wondering if anybody had any dealings relating to this mob?

Last edited by Neillgb; 20-12-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
bargepole
Old 18-12-2008, 6:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillgb View Post
Just wondering if anybody had any dealings relating to this mob?

They have stuck a notice on my windscreen suggesting I 'left' a car park in their control.

How they would be able to prove I wasn't on the site, large retail, is beyond me.
Even if you did leave the site and come back, they have no means of enforcing their ridiculous charges. Ignore anything they send you, it's a scam.
Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 7. Lost 2 (1 subject to appeal). Adjourned 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to bargepole For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Neillgb
Old 19-12-2008, 1:26 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Done a bit of digging, these articles seem to sum it up very well,

http://www.todaynet.co.uk/parking.php

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/fight-parking-tickets

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...ring/comments/

Off to bed now!! 2pm!!

Last edited by Neillgb; 19-12-2008 at 1:56 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neillgb For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
13del
Old 23-11-2009, 2:07 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Unhappy uk parking control ltd

Hi there...

I search this company on the net, and read this forum and did what you guys advised and ignored the letters. Today i got a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd about the recovery of the money owed and talking of ccj's and ideas out there
# 5
Premier
Old 23-11-2009, 2:12 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

What a coincidence!
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...31&postcount=6
# 6
Coupon-mad
Old 24-11-2009, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13del View Post
Hi there...

I search this company on the net, and read this forum and did what you guys advised and ignored the letters. Today i got a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd about the recovery of the money owed and talking of ccj's and ideas out there
You will not just 'get' a CCJ and they cannot send Bailiffs round, without first of all going to the County Court. But they won't go to the County Court.

It's all a scam, Debt Recovery Plus have no powers and are probably the same company (just using different letter-heading to frighten you). Check the phone numbers, addresses and writing style on the letters you've had - likely to be one and the same company.

These chancers get their money from the mugs who pay. You may get a few more letters and then they will give up and move on to a more likely victim. Don't be scared by them, nor of any fake Solicitor 'intended litigation' letter which they might try out on you. They really will go away, they want to trick you out of your money but they will only send a certain number of letters before giving up.

You only need to post back on here if you actually get REAL Court Documents.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS ANCIENT OLD THREAD AFTER 2013 - WHY WHY WHY?

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP READING THIS OLD THREAD.

STOP!

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP!
Ticket in a private car park in England/Wales?... DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT- the advice changed in 2012/13!

CLICK on '>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking>' end of the small blue 'Home>Forums>' link, top of the page, to see current threads.
Do NOT read older advice to ignore, unless it was in Scotland or NI.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 14-08-2014 at 6:17 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coupon-mad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
cadwell14
Old 25-11-2009, 2:09 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default UKPC - what was wrong with where I parked?

Just recieved a 'civil traffic enforcement notice' for my motorcycle, parked where the supermarket have provided bars; for I presume; the convenience of customers securing 2 wheeled vehicles. Will visit tomorrow to investiate signage. This area is under cover, so I would say they couldn't argue the bike was on the pavement. I'm not a timid person, but I am tempted to pay it's the fear of it all going wrong. I have no proof that I didn't park it. Are there any rules about what is considered a proper parking place. The 'contravention' they quote is 'Vehicle parked in unauthorised area' . Is that for them to decide or can I ask for a copy of some sort of proof that this is an unauthorised parking area.?
# 8
trisontana
Old 25-11-2009, 2:31 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadwell14 View Post
Just recieved a 'civil traffic enforcement notice' for my motorcycle, parked where the supermarket have provided bars; for I presume; the convenience of customers securing 2 wheeled vehicles. Will visit tomorrow to investiate signage. This area is under cover, so I would say they couldn't argue the bike was on the pavement. I'm not a timid person, but I am tempted to pay it's the fear of it all going wrong. I have no proof that I didn't park it. Are there any rules about what is considered a proper parking place. The 'contravention' they quote is 'Vehicle parked in unauthorised area' . Is that for them to decide or can I ask for a copy of some sort of proof that this is an unauthorised parking area.?
Don't wast you petrol going back to the supermarket. This is an unenforceable invoice. You do not have to "prove" anything. Please read all the other threads on here to see there is nothing to worry about. You might get a few letters from them but just ignore them.
I am an "internet guru" (copyright Stephan Hall @ UKCPS)
The Following User Says Thank You to trisontana For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
Coupon-mad
Old 25-11-2009, 11:48 PM

STOP!

STOP!

STOP!

Ticket in a private car park in England/Wales?... DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT- the advice changed in 2012/13!

CLICK on '>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking>' end of the small blue 'Home>Forums>' link, top of the page, to see current threads.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 14-08-2014 at 6:18 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coupon-mad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
Alx*27
Old 27-11-2009, 3:08 PM
MoneySaving Convert

You're concentrating on your actions rather than the fact a private company is demanding money for no reason.

Even if you gleefully told them you parked your Hummer over 3 spaces, they would no have legal right to 50 or 100.

The charge is *unenforceable*.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alx*27 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
13del
Old 30-11-2009, 10:24 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default uk parking ltd

Thanks Guys for all your input and advice
# 12
BFG
Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 AM
PPR
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Welcome! *PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING*
Please start a new thread for your case (if you post in the discussion threads your post will not be seen by many) and take a look at these two threads which will be of assistance:
List of Terms/Acronyms/Abbreviations Used on this Board

How to Upload & Post Images (PCN/NtO/other paperwork)

Council Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)

1) SCAN the PCN (front and back) together with any other paperwork (200dpi should be fine). Pictures of the parking bay/signs/lines will also help.

2) BLANK out personal details (i.e. PCN serial number, car registration number, any name/address details) using Paint or equivalent image editing program to remove appropriate details.

3) UPLOAD to image hosting site and link from your thread - simply copy and paste the "direct link for layout" link which looks something like this: http://tinypic.com/xxxxxxxxx.jpg.
For detailed help with scanning, erasing and uploading, please see this thread:
How to Upload & Post Images (PCN/NtO/other paperwork)
4) MENTION which council issued the PCN/NtO if you're unable to scan paperwork.

Private Parking Companies (PPCs)
(Read Martin's Article)

1) PPC tickets (referred to by some as toilet paper ) are NOT fines or fixed penalties, they are invoices based on a presumed contract with the driver.

2) When posting, please don't mention your vehicle make/model or exact location and most importantly do NOT say who was driving. PPC trolls do read these and other forums and may try to use this information against you. Do not post any info that may identify you. It isn't usually necessary to post the 'ticket' from a PPC.

3) PPC charges have been shown to be generally unenforceable in Court, and they hardly ever issue proceedings, despite the threats in their intimidatory letters.

4) Do NOT write to the PPC to 'appeal' the ticket - the appeals process is a complete sham, they just want your money and thus will reject the 'appeal'.

5) If you don't take action on the ticket, the PPC will get the registered keeper's details from the DVLA, for a fee of 2.50. The registered keeper has no liability, since the presumed contract was formed with the driver. And, if you don't tell the PPC who was driving, they don't have a case.

6) Ignore the ticket completely until they've bought your details from the DVLA (costs just 2.50) and write to the registered keeper. Opinions vary on whether to send a template letter in reply or simply ignore all correspondence, however, anecdotal evidence from this forum and Pepipoo indicates that with the 'ignoring everything' option they will give up after a few scary looking letters and false threats of bailiffs/CCJs/credit record entries.

(thanks to bargepole for help in compiling the PPC section above)
--

P.S: Thanks to all who help out on the boards - for comments and feedback click here.
The Following User Says Thank You to BFG For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
Fidge
Old 14-12-2009, 3:25 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi all I've just got a letter form debt recovery plus ltd. for a parking ticket with UKPC issued for leaving site! I was not driving at the time of the penalty notice and have stated this to UKPC but yet they still persist! I phoned Debt recovery plus ltd. today and the lady on the phone stated that it was up to me ( the registered keeper) to prove that I wasnt driving in court or declare who was the driver!

I cant believe they are trying to enforce a civil claim which has resulted in no loss to UKPC whatsoever! Surely this can never go to court!? They want 147 out of me which they are certainly not going to get!
# 14
biscuitdunker
Old 14-12-2009, 3:33 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Fidge, it certainly is NOT up to you to prove that you were not driving. You have been lied to. You should not have contacted "Debt Recovery Plus", you should have continued to ignore them. It is unlikely it will go to court, but please, have no more contact with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to biscuitdunker For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
Coblcris
Old 14-12-2009, 4:51 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

They lied. Disengage from them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coblcris For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
chickenman2745
Old 08-03-2010, 3:19 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

i recieved a ticket after breaking down wile in macdonalds car park an so far recieved 4 letters , latest from dept recovery.bit scary but i think i will keep going . what dose any one els think?
The Following User Says Thank You to chickenman2745 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
bargepole
Old 08-03-2010, 3:32 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

McDonalds have no more right to fine anyone than I do to fine them for foisting their overpriced junk food on the British public. McIgnore.
Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 7. Lost 2 (1 subject to appeal). Adjourned 1.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bargepole For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
Coupon-mad
Old 08-03-2010, 5:48 PM

STOP!

STOP!

STOP!

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 14-08-2014 at 6:18 PM.
# 19
chickenman2745
Old 16-03-2010, 3:31 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default dept recovery plus

thanks to all for the advice ..
just recieved another letter from dept recovery plus
notice of intended litigation
out standing 153.75
silicitor fee 50.00
court fee for issue of claim form 30.00
solicitors fee for getting judgment(by default ) 25.00
predicted amount outstanding 285.75

if payed in 7 days 135.75

one thing i do know ccj's are only issued by a court and you have 14 days to sett your case before the judge.. think i will wait for my day in court..
The Following User Says Thank You to chickenman2745 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
Sir Roger deLodger
Old 16-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman2745 View Post
.. think i will wait for my day in court..
You will have a very long wait then!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Roger deLodger For This Useful Post: Show me >>