IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
HotUKDeals
Closed Thread
Views: 38,825
# 1
WOW Factor 0
ramraideruk
Old 12-01-2006, 1:09 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default HotUKDeals

Hi everyone,
I did a search but didn't find a mention for www.hotukdeals.com
It definitely deserves a mention. This site list loads of discount codes for many online shops. This includes grocery shopping for Tesco, Sainsburys and ASDA. I use it in conjunction with Quido and it works great. Let me know what you think of it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ramraideruk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
cmjohnson_86
Old 12-01-2006, 1:11 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Yeah that camera and printer package on the front doesn't look bad either. Will have a scout around at other prices.. Thanks

# 3
LesD
Old 12-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Hmmm...tried their Tesco code but it's not recognised!
# 4
mummysaver
Old 12-01-2006, 10:30 AM

Hi there, thanks this looks like an interesting site, I'll have to browse through it later.
# 5
Alison_B
Old 12-01-2006, 10:35 AM

How does this work? Saw a router that we were interested in and it said it was 57 including delivery. Clicked on the link but it took it up to 60 plus 5 postage.
# 6
abijanzo
Old 12-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

This site is ALWAYS being referred to on the online discount codes board...it's been around for ages and has some great codes although they are sometimes out of date.
I think MSE discount codes board is more useful for up to date codes but HotUKDeals does make codes easier to find.
# 7
Den
Old 12-01-2006, 12:25 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

You don't earn any extra money if you click on their links
Have you got something to share - Do it.
When you don't know - Ask.
# 8
fordy86
Old 12-01-2006, 2:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Alison_B:
Unfortunately HotUKDeals (HUKD) simply acts as a middle person. People submit the deal link to us which we then add onto the website. The merchant can of course change the price at their end or indeed in many occassions runs out of stock. We simply point people to the direction of the particular deal.

LesD:
The Tesco code is going through stages of being accepted then rejected - it may have finally been pulled, however Tesco codes to have the habit of becoming active again.

abijanzo:
True that MSE has more hits than HUKD, however we do believe that codes are posted on HUKD as soon as we can. Usually codes are posted in the Hot Deals forum before being added onto the Voucher list. Although I do not wish to cause any upset to MSE or tread on their patch, we do believe the Voucher section is highly easy to use and locate a code for the specific merchant you are looking for. We do frequently check the validity of the codes as well as member being able to report the code as not working.

Den:
HUKD does not recieve donations. We are a free site and in order to keep the site afloat, along with many other similar sites, we do use affiliated links to earn us commission. Most times the deals we post save you much more than we actually recieve in commisson. We do point out and include Quidco and other cashback sites when we list the deals. AMost deals are accessible via cashback sites which earn you money - we post the link to the direct page of the deal for your convenience inluding the affiliate link.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Fordy
Voucher Mod.
hotukdeals.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fordy86 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
DEMO
Old 12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
MoneySaving Convert

yeah ... looks good, tho ive never used it .. yet anyway !

there are other sites which list similar things ie new offers etc...

the one ive been using (and just a few weeks ago saved around 140) was from www.beforeitsgone.co.uk on a new dyson dc11.

i did see this on this MSE site also but saw it after i had already purchased it. Now considering that beforeitsgone didnt make any money from my purchase (as i purchased it direct from store) it does list many offers (and UNIQUE OFFERS at times too) so WE save money, its not just there to make commision.

so thats another site thats saved me money aswell as MSE.

the more sites like this that appear, the better off we are in terms of money saved !!!

but there are ive seen some sites which just place any and every offer on their site just to make commision.... which is not a "unique or special" offer (ie if we just hunted ourselves we'd find the same offer just as easily)

other sites i use most often when i see offers ON at MSE or beforeitsgone (just to double check the price) are :

www.kelkoo.co.uk
www.pricerunner.co.uk

they give you the latest online price comparisons from major retailers !! prety nifty i think ?!

Last edited by DEMO; 14-01-2006 at 5:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DEMO For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
bluenose1
Old 13-01-2006, 9:51 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi,
although my favourite is of course MSE I also visit hotukdeals and rpoints.
I have found them both very useful for giving discount codes and excellent deals.
I prefer MSE as there is more variety ie the Moneysaving Old Style etc which I love to read. MSE also has a nice community spirit (with the rare exception.)

My biggest complaint is that it is addictive and I spend far too long on this site.

Regards
Anne
Money SPENDING Expert

The Following User Says Thank You to bluenose1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
everylittlehelps
Old 16-09-2007, 8:14 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Please be aware that HUKD makes (maybe a lot) money being middle person. The initial poster maybe HUKD moderator. They are popular and still generate more traffic by posting on popular forums

You will always find a Dell laptop/dekstop deal on their front page, how much money is Dell paying HUKD every month? Sorry for being too cynical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordy86 View Post
Alison_B:
Unfortunately HotUKDeals (HUKD) simply acts as a middle person. People submit the deal link to us which we then add onto the website. The merchant can of course change the price at their end or indeed in many occassions runs out of stock. We simply point people to the direction of the particular deal.

LesD:
The Tesco code is going through stages of being accepted then rejected - it may have finally been pulled, however Tesco codes to have the habit of becoming active again.

abijanzo:
True that MSE has more hits than HUKD, however we do believe that codes are posted on HUKD as soon as we can. Usually codes are posted in the Hot Deals forum before being added onto the Voucher list. Although I do not wish to cause any upset to MSE or tread on their patch, we do believe the Voucher section is highly easy to use and locate a code for the specific merchant you are looking for. We do frequently check the validity of the codes as well as member being able to report the code as not working.

Den:
HUKD does not recieve donations. We are a free site and in order to keep the site afloat, along with many other similar sites, we do use affiliated links to earn us commission. Most times the deals we post save you much more than we actually recieve in commisson. We do point out and include Quidco and other cashback sites when we list the deals. AMost deals are accessible via cashback sites which earn you money - we post the link to the direct page of the deal for your convenience inluding the affiliate link.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Fordy
Voucher Mod.
hotukdeals.com
# 12
computersaysdoh
Old 16-09-2007, 8:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Is this the right forum for discussing another forum site? This thread is not a direct posting to a bargain to 'shop til you drop' . . .
# 13
mostly
Old 16-09-2007, 9:40 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by everylittlehelps View Post
Please be aware that HUKD makes (maybe a lot) money being middle person.
Nothing wrong with that, I'm sure this site makes a fair bit of cash too ie Micro Trend Internet Security 'give away' etc.
# 14
mouseclick
Old 17-09-2007, 4:04 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by everylittlehelps View Post
Please be aware that HUKD makes (maybe a lot) money being middle person. The initial poster maybe HUKD moderator. They are popular and still generate more traffic by posting on popular forums

You will always find a Dell laptop/dekstop deal on their front page, how much money is Dell paying HUKD every month? Sorry for being too cynical.
On the thread that I started recently called "hotukdeals impartiality?" someone said the site is linked with Quidco. If that is so then they will (a) build up quidco customers and (b) possibly (probably?) get commission if customers go direct, ie not via quidco. So it's probably quite a clever business model.

Confusing thing is there is absolutely nothing on www.hotukdeals.com to show who owns it. Even the domain ownership details are protected:
Domain name: hotukdeals.com
Registrant Contact:
WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard Protected
No idea why they are so shy, I would be quite proud of that site if I had done it. If you search for Paul Paul Nikkel and Hotukdeals on google (by clicking on that link) all you will see mainly is talk about a a wikipedia article which has been pulled, http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:e...lnk&cd=2&gl=ukso don't even know what it said.

Last edited by mouseclick; 17-09-2007 at 4:13 PM. Reason: last para changed
# 15
adr0ck
Old 17-09-2007, 4:56 PM

as far as i'm aware they not the same company

however they were started by the same people
The Following User Says Thank You to adr0ck For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
mouseclick
Old 17-09-2007, 11:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

You have to dig really deep to find something like this. http://www.answers.com/topic/hotukdeals

Fascinating. Well done that invisible man (or woman) that created this site!
# 17
mouseclick
Old 17-09-2007, 11:54 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr0ck View Post
as far as i'm aware they not the same company

however they were started by the same people
Lots of HUKD mods and presumably "the HUKD creator" monitor MSE forums. Maybe one of them will speak up soon.

From my point of view, I love HUKD. But I just like transparency, that's all.

Last edited by mouseclick; 18-09-2007 at 7:09 AM. Reason: removed irrelevant para
# 18
spalding
Old 10-03-2008, 9:00 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Good site, often keep an eye on it and have picked up a fair few bargains
# 19
shays_mum
Old 10-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I really love hukd! - can't moan as to who gets the money/commission as long as i get the deal!!
Ramraideruk you might try a search under hukd.....!
No one said it was gonna be easy!

Last edited by shays_mum; 10-03-2008 at 10:21 AM.
# 20
oskar.marke
Old 19-03-2008, 8:41 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I agree with that, HUKD rocks ! but it wouldn't hurt for them to be a bit more open and say it out loud.
Closed Thread