Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    JordanShannon
    Present/Hamper ideas for Boyfriend
    • 30th Nov 08, 1:50 AM
    Present/Hamper ideas for Boyfriend 30th Nov 08 at 1:50 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I tried searching this but I couldn't find anything, so shouldn't be a problem? :confused:
    Okay so here's my problem.. I have a really really sweet boyfriend and for this Christmas we've decided that we're going to spend about £100 on each other.
    I have already brought him:
    • x2 T-shirts
    • A pair of jeans
    • Cheap EDT
    • Choccies
    • A zip up jumper
    And that's as far as i've got(all came to £40), but i need some more ideas...
    He's self aware and likes to look and smell nice, he's joining the army and he is SO into that kind of stuff and he LOVES to cook(hehe lucky me.)
    ALL and ANY ideas are welcome :rolleyes:
    Thanks in advance
    26 DAYS TO GO!!
    ..xx
    I am only me, no pretences, no second guesses.. It's the best I can do, I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you... I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you
Page 1
    • pandora205
    • By pandora205 30th Nov 08, 1:56 AM
    • 2,643 Posts
    • 2,518 Thanks
    pandora205
    • 30th Nov 08, 1:56 AM
    • 30th Nov 08, 1:56 AM
    Why don't you do something around the cooking theme, as you've already got a good range of other stuff? (and what a lot for £40 - you must be very MSE!)

You could buy a large dish, tray or wok (instead of a box), add a cookery book, some ingredients and an apron, for example. Maybe Chinese? Or even cakes - there are lots of ideas for cookies in a jar etc on here. Or what about a breadmaker and some mixes/ingredients?
  • JordanShannon
    • 30th Nov 08, 2:06 AM
    • 30th Nov 08, 2:06 AM
    Oooh no hadn't thought of that
    Will have a look for cookies in a jar and things like that, he will love it, he's such a big kid bless him
    Thank you very much
    ...xx
    I am only me, no pretences, no second guesses.. It's the best I can do, I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you... I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you
  • JordanShannon
    • 30th Nov 08, 2:24 AM
    • 30th Nov 08, 2:24 AM
    Yeah thats a good idea (adding to my list) ROFL
    He also plays PC games but i can never find any that he wants that are cheap lol
    ...xx
    • rinroo
    • By rinroo 30th Nov 08, 9:37 AM
    • 898 Posts
    • 1,136 Thanks
    rinroo
    • 30th Nov 08, 9:37 AM
    • 30th Nov 08, 9:37 AM
    I got my dh a 'nuts about you keyring' was pretty steep at £14 but i know he'll love it! As its slushy but matcho at the same time.

A cd, dvd, picture of the two of you together in a nice frame?

I've also done my dh a retro sweet box it only cost £4 to do.
    • Zimm190
    • By Zimm190 1st Dec 08, 8:32 AM
    • 177 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    Zimm190
    • 1st Dec 08, 8:32 AM
    • 1st Dec 08, 8:32 AM
    My boyfriend used to be in the army and is a real outdoors type - one of the things I've got him this year is a book about knots and rope and a load of rope to go with it - not the kind of thing that every guy would like but I know he'll love it! I've also got him some Kilimanjaro expedition maps as he climbed it earlier in the year.

Another thing I might get is something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=320135068265

There's loads of outdoor/survival bits in this eBay shop.

I've also just finished knitting my boyfriend a willy warmer in his team's colours - apparently the soldiers used to wear them in the trenches in the first world war - could be a good joke gift/stocking filler if your boyfriend is joining the forces?! If you're not a knitter you can buy them on eBay for a few pounds (or I can knit you one in any colours you like!)
  • JordanShannon
    • 1st Dec 08, 1:13 PM
    • 1st Dec 08, 1:13 PM
    I've also just finished knitting my boyfriend a willy warmer in his team's colours - apparently the soldiers used to wear them in the trenches in the first world war - could be a good joke gift/stocking filler if your boyfriend is joining the forces?! If you're not a knitter you can buy them on eBay for a few pounds (or I can knit you one in any colours you like!)
    Originally posted by Zimm190
    My boyfriend would find that SO funny. Definatley something i hadn't thought of but would be useful!! Thank you, it did make me chuckle and brightened up me day
    Will look on the ebay shop for some things and thank you for offering to knit one for me!!It's much appreciated
    ..xx
    • Zimm190
    • By Zimm190 1st Dec 08, 1:52 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    Zimm190
    • 1st Dec 08, 1:52 PM
    • 1st Dec 08, 1:52 PM
    Will look on the ebay shop for some things and thank you for offering to knit one for me!!It's much appreciated
    No probs! If you can't find one you like send me a PM and I'll knit and send you one - they only take about an hour :-)
  • JordanShannon
    • 1st Dec 08, 2:11 PM
    • 1st Dec 08, 2:11 PM
    Update on the items i've brought my OH
    • x2 T-shirts
    • A pair of jeans
    • Cheap EDT
    • Choccies
    • A zip up jumper
    • A DVD
    • An army type belt
    • Jelly boobs
    On my to buy list;
    • A cook book
    • A scarf
    • A Willywarmer
    • A board game(Big Kid at heart)
    • 8-1 camping cutlery kit (with thanks to Zimm190)
    That's all i can think of atm bu i will edit this again later
    ..xx
  • JordanShannon
    Update on the items i've brought my OH
    • x3 T-shirts
    • A pair of jeans
    • Cheap EDT
    • Choccy message plaque
    • A zip up jumper
    • A DVD
    • An army type belt
    • Jelly boobs
    • Socks
    • Face cloth-25p!!
    • Sponge-19p!!
    • Mug 99p
    • Options sachets 58p
    • A board game
    • A glass jar(to put sweeties in )
    I've ordered a willywarmer and a camping cutlery kit like the one Zimm190 told me about And on monday i'm going to look in Woolies to see if they have 50% off and see what bits i can pick up cheaply(not just for him!!)

On my to buy list:
    • A cook book (?Maybe?)
    • A scarf
    • Sweeties (to go in his jar)
    • Homemade CD of love songs
    • Sex cheques
    • Day moisturising cream
    • Handmade IOU Cheques(eg Massage, takeaway, DVD, cooked meal etc)
    • Andy MacNab Book(as he was in the documentery)
    • Hair gel 99p(unless reduced)
    They're just ideas but anymore ideas are welcome as i think i could probably find this on the cheap espescially with the sales that are going on now-a-days.
    Thanks all.
    ..xx
    • rinroo
    • By rinroo 7th Dec 08, 3:22 PM
    • 898 Posts
    • 1,136 Thanks
    rinroo
    Wow - you've been busy! I'm sure your OH will be thrilled xmas morning when he has that lovely lot to open.

I am loving the willy warmer idea, my dh does shift works, mostly night on the railway, he's always complaining of the cold, esp this time of year so might go have a look for them now lol Thanks!
  • JordanShannon
    Wow - you've been busy! I'm sure your OH will be thrilled xmas morning when he has that lovely lot to open.

I am loving the willy warmer idea, my dh does shift works, mostly night on the railway, he's always complaining of the cold, esp this time of year so might go have a look for them now lol Thanks!
    Originally posted by rinroo
    Thank you. I know i found loads of bits via quidco and am going to be purchasing soon (need to use mum's account)
    I've found some on ebay, and findingmyfeet.com(via quidco) etc.
    HTH
    ..xx
    • shazrobo
    • By shazrobo 7th Dec 08, 3:30 PM
    • 3,284 Posts
    • 15,146 Thanks
    shazrobo
    No probs! If you can't find one you like send me a PM and I'll knit and send you one - they only take about an hour :-)
    can you post a link for the pattern for the willy warmer, have been looking online and cant find one. bf been joking bout one for ages, since i knitted him a hat and scarf
    thanks
    shaz
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it
    Don't keep it private. Let everyone know how much wool you'll need.
  • becs
    I was racking my brain trying to think of what to get my bro for xmas as he is a nightmare to buy for! Anyway yesterday in a bolt of inspiration I thought about doing him an "indian hamper" . He's got 2 small children and money is tight so they don't get out much and he loves to cook and loves indian. So going to make up a hamper with the proper stainless steel balti dishes (have bought them from tesco before so hoping they still do them!) and some poppadoms, naans,chutney and then my little secret ingredient is some spice packs from www.spicebox.co.uk they are absoloutely fantastic! They taste so authentic and so easy to do. We've done curry nights for 10 people using these and it was said that it was just like a restaurant so definately one to impress his mates!
  • JordanShannon
    Thank you all for giving me all these ideas. My OH is going to be so thrilled, i'm trying to get him things he will be able to use for when he goes away and you've given me a lot of inspiration

Only need to get a few bits still
    Sweeties (for his sweetie jar)
    Homemade CD of love songs
    Handmade IOU Cheques(eg massage etc)
    DVD(Cheap from Woolies)
    Day moisturising cream
    Hairgel
    Lynx Chocolate set
    Andy MacNab Book(My Bro is getting it for him)
    Body paint(cheap)
    Photo frame
    And anything else i can afford within my £100ish budget (I'm getting a bonus-good behaviour )
    I will still welcome any ideas. Thank you
    ..xx
    Last edited by JordanShannon; 11-12-2008 at 2:02 PM.
  • JordanShannon
    Right well an update on the OH’s present front I have brought:
    • A money tin £1
    • x3 tops
    • Bench army belt
    • Jelly Boobs
    • Message Plaque
    • Hooded Jacket
    • True Star EDT
    • Socks
    • Lee Evans DVD
    • Hot Fuzz DVD
    • Monogamy Game
    • Sponge 19p
    • Face Cloth 25p
    • Mug 99p
    • Options Sachets 58p
    • Jelly Tots
    • Space Dust
    • Glass Jar (spaghetti)
    • Me to you special Boyfriend
    • Me to you Blue Nose friends (Chalky)
    • Candy Canes
    • Sweeties
    • Day Moisturising Cream
    • Sex Cheques
    • Choc Orange Body paint
    • Pot of Gold
    • How to fossilize you hampster (New Scientist Book)
    • Hairgel
    • Popcorn maker
    • IOU cheques
    • Homemade CD
    • Do polar bears get lonely? Book
    That’s all i can think of atm.

Thanks everyone for all the help and ideas you have given me.
    ..xx
    Last edited by JordanShannon; 24-12-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,486Posts Today

6,974Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • British Gas 5% gas only price cut's paltry, like the rest, typically youll still be RIPPED OFF £300/yr. Check now https://t.co/4z6ZQAFv5T RT

• Trust me reading about it isn't as bad as experiencing it https://t.co/c4GAjeuxcU

• Just got into an empty lift at Itv. And quite clearly there's been a very recent very farty previous resident!

• Follow Martin