Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    beachbeth
    They've Stopped my Incapacity Benefit!
    • 29th Nov 08, 4:01 PM
    They've Stopped my Incapacity Benefit! 29th Nov 08 at 4:01 PM
    I am so upset at the moment as I have been getting IB for a number of years because I suffer from depression. I recently went for a medical where the doctor asked me questions such as 'do I drink in the mornings' and 'did I have a good night's sleep the night before'. Well, it just so happened I had had a good night's sleep the night before and I never drink in the mornings. I told him, though, that I frequently wake up early in the mornings and find it hard to enjoy books or music like I used to etc.

However, I found out yesterday that my IB has been stopped because I received my P45 through the post. I rang to ask why they had sent me this and they said I had failed my medical (they hadn't sent me a letter to say I'd failed and that my IB was being stopped!).

Im in absolute bits as I suffer from panic attacks and all the usual symptoms of depression and there is no way I can go back to work. Yet someone sitting behind a desk somewhere has decided I "haven't got enough points" in order to still get the IB!!!

I am going to the CAB on Monday to see how to appeal but Im so scared and upset about this. My husband will have to come with me and lose at least half a day's wages. How easy or hard is this to sort out? Ive heard it can take months and in the meantime Ive lost my money (my husband earns too much for me to get income support). Im finding it difficult to think straight and just can't think how Im going to get on without the support of IB.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,691Posts Today

8,051Users online

Martin's Twitter