Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    MrsPitcher2b
    JPMC RE PAYPAL INT direct debit appeared??
    • 27th Nov 08, 1:27 PM
    JPMC RE PAYPAL INT direct debit appeared?? 27th Nov 08 at 1:27 PM
    Hello all

I have just checked my account and a direct debit has appeared for 'JPMC RE PAYPAL INT' As i am clearing my debts i havent bought anythign for months, especially through paypal. When i google it, it appears to be a scam but all the sites i cannot access (because our IT manager has blocked anything considered 'fun' :| - suppried he hasnt taken MSE off yet...)

Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem??
    BCT:£16,500 £0 HFC CURRYS: £520 £0 HFC PC WORLD: £800 £0 ARGOS CARD: £795 £0 ADDITIONS DIRECT: £625 £0 NATIONWIDE CC: £1560 £0 VIRGIN CC: £1500 £0
Page 2
  • Blodwynpig007
    JPMC re Paypal
    JPMC re Paypal is because like me set up a Spotify account of £4.99 a one of payment as I thought, but no they take every month a total £59.88 a year. hope this helps Blodwyn
  • Silver-cheify
    Jpmc
    I have a couple of a/c's where I transfer money via Paypal. On my bank statement it shows these transactions as JPMC RE PAYPAL INT Direct Debit Mandate. Hope this helps
    Silver-cheify
  • kingtwig
    Jpmc
    I also have the JPMC thing come up in my DD's, and its says "Re Paypal", and is the exact money for something that I just bought from Ebay. I think they just hold the amount there until the item is dispatched. It did worry me too though- hate things popping up like that in my bank account! Especially in this day and age! )
  • LesterForbes
    I purchased an item from ebay, £29.99 and it came out of my bank on time. though I too noticed a direct debit was set up without my consent as JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD

• Orville
    • By Orville 29th Oct 13, 10:07 AM
    • 1,725 Posts
    • 1,003 Thanks
    Orville
    Same here, noticed the withdrawls and didn't recognise them. Did a bit of investigation and they tallied up with my account. albeit the paypal date of transaction and the date it showed on my statement were around 4 days apart as it went over a weekend.
  • oscarboy4
    jpmc
    Hello all

I have just checked my account and a direct debit has appeared for 'JPMC RE PAYPAL INT' As i am clearing my debts i havent bought anythign for months, especially through paypal. When i google it, it appears to be a scam but all the sites i cannot access (because our IT manager has blocked anything considered 'fun' :| - suppried he hasnt taken MSE off yet...)

Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem??
    Originally posted by MrsPitcher2b
    hi i contacted paypal and they confimed it was a netflix payment
  • oscarboy4
    i contacted paypal and they have confirmed it is a netflix payment
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 2nd Dec 14, 12:18 PM
    • 9,299 Posts
    • 6,210 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    This thread is from 2008.
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
    • paulmorton
    • By paulmorton 14th May 15, 2:04 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    paulmorton
    Not a scam
    This is not a scam, if you make a payment for something on paypal and it comes up that payment will be made after delivery this is what the payment looks like.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th May 15, 2:15 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 40,572 Thanks
    soolin
    This is not a scam, if you make a payment for something on paypal and it comes up that payment will be made after delivery this is what the payment looks like.
    Originally posted by paulmorton
    I'm not sure that payment after delivery existed when the original question was posted.

before responding to this thread can I please ask users to check the original posting date.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 15th May 15, 12:25 AM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    does payment after delivery exist on ebay UK ? thought that is was in the USA?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th May 15, 8:47 AM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 40,572 Thanks
    soolin
    does payment after delivery exist on ebay UK ? thought that is was in the USA?
    Originally posted by enfield freddy
    It does now but not when this thread was started.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • paris1
    • By paris1 15th Sep 15, 4:41 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    paris1
    JMS Paypal shows up because you have agreed to pay for goods bought on ebay upon delivery of item/s. Which is then estimated when delivery was and if there happen to be multiple items then is added up accordingly. Hence sometimes a perculiar looking payment goes from your/our accounts.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Sep 15, 8:42 AM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 40,572 Thanks
    soolin
    JMS Paypal shows up because you have agreed to pay for goods bought on ebay upon delivery of item/s. Which is then estimated when delivery was and if there happen to be multiple items then is added up accordingly. Hence sometimes a perculiar looking payment goes from your/our accounts.
    Originally posted by paris1
    Please read the thread, I have already pointed out on 2 occasions that the OP on this thread pre dated the pay on delivery option.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • henke_danke
    • By henke_danke 8th Dec 15, 3:43 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    henke_danke
    In my case this was seen when I paid for something via PayPal. My PayPal account didn't have funds so they took the funds from my linked current account which was set up on opening the paypal account.

All above board in my case. If you don't recognise the transaction though you should still contact your bank and check your PayPal account. There should be a unique ref number on the statement linked to the transaction that you can check in PayPal - thats not there on the DD instruction page in your online banking.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 8th Dec 15, 8:35 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 40,572 Thanks
    soolin
    Old thread alert
    New to Forum? Guide
    • davidpreston
    • By davidpreston 22nd Sep 16, 11:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    davidpreston
    Its Paypal
    I bought some internet minutes at an airport for a few euros and had to use paypal The DD was a result of that Its not a scam
    David
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,299Posts Today

5,927Users online

Martin's Twitter