Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales > JPMC RE PAYPAL INT direct debit appeared?? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
JPMC RE PAYPAL INT direct debit appeared??
Views: 60,249
# 1
MrsPitcher2b
Old 27-11-2008, 1:27 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default JPMC RE PAYPAL INT direct debit appeared??

Hello all

I have just checked my account and a direct debit has appeared for 'JPMC RE PAYPAL INT' As i am clearing my debts i havent bought anythign for months, especially through paypal. When i google it, it appears to be a scam but all the sites i cannot access (because our IT manager has blocked anything considered 'fun' :| - suppried he hasnt taken MSE off yet...)

Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem??
BCT:16,500 0 HFC CURRYS: 520 0 HFC PC WORLD: 800 0 ARGOS CARD: 795 0 ADDITIONS DIRECT: 625 0 NATIONWIDE CC: 1560 0 VIRGIN CC: 1500 0
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
soolin
Old 27-11-2008, 1:44 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Doing a google search this appears to be a scam, so I would remove the DD from your bank account immediately and change all your bank log in details and paypal passwords imemdiately.
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide
# 3
Kingsd316
Old 27-11-2008, 2:39 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i dont think this is a scam, i also have 'JPMC RE PAYPAL INT', have you ever sold anything on ebay, i think it is set up when you agree to your sellers fees being paid over monthly via DD,

Edit, ive just check when mine was set up and it coinsides with when i first started trading on ebay
# 4
schmickleicklepickle
Old 27-11-2008, 3:09 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I'm pretty certain this is for payment of ebay fees when you sell - I have the same in my bank details
# 5
soolin
Old 27-11-2008, 5:15 PM

Apologies if it isn't a scam. It was just that all the first entries I turned up on a google search suggested it was.
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide
# 6
OnceUponADream
Old 27-11-2008, 5:24 PM

I have just checked my DD's and my Paypal DD is listed as 'Paypal Payment' only.
HTH
# 7
OnceUponADream
Old 27-11-2008, 5:25 PM

sorry duplicate entry
# 8
MrsPitcher2b
Old 27-11-2008, 5:44 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I have sold things on ebay before, but one this is a new bank account that isnt linked to my paypal account, and two my ebay fees are paid by an automatic credit card payment.

I have cancelled the DD anyway, because as soolin said the results i found showed it to be a scam - if its not im sure i'll get a reminder!!

Thanks guys x
BCT:16,500 0 HFC CURRYS: 520 0 HFC PC WORLD: 800 0 ARGOS CARD: 795 0 ADDITIONS DIRECT: 625 0 NATIONWIDE CC: 1560 0 VIRGIN CC: 1500 0
# 9
Baby_J
Old 27-11-2008, 5:53 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

JPMC stands for JP Morgan Chase which is a bank in the US.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baby_J For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
putneyboy
Old 28-08-2011, 10:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I just got this one bizarrely on my bank statement after buying tyres from blackcircles.com and paying for it via paypal. Strange that a one off payment should show as a direct debit, any way have cancelled it quick as I don't want to be billed again.
# 11
redtbs
Old 15-10-2011, 1:54 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I got this following using Paypal to pay on the just giving website.
# 12
redtbs
Old 28-10-2011, 1:44 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I deleted mine and then all of the payments that I had recently made via paypal were reversed and the sellers on ebay didn't send me my goods. I was able to resolve my negative balance on paypal by calling them and then set up the direct debit again from the paypal website but it has taken ages.
# 13
forrozza
Old 23-02-2012, 11:06 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Wink JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD in Direct Debits

I just noticed this in my direct debits, as I have just switched banks. I googled it, and it led me here. This isn't anything to worry about, as I rang Paypay, and they could see the transaction, and that it was linked to a recent purchase, I made a week earlier.
Anyway, if it was a scam, as its a Direct Debit payment from your bank, they would be responsible for refunding/sorting it out if it was dodgy.... in short? Nothing to worry about.
# 14
completeranker
Old 21-05-2012, 12:43 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I recently came across this too on my bank statement. The amount was for 40 and it had already been taken out. I contacted Paypal and they did get back to me and said that there was no such transaction in my Paypal account and advised me to contact my bank. I did stop the direct debit as I have made no purchase for that amount anywhere online.

Also to let you know that when I send emails I always have something like this at the end of each email:

"A copy of this email has been kept and a screenshot of this enquiry message on your suport page has also been taken for future reference."

The reason why I write this and actually do what it says in the message aswell is because it assures the guys receiving my enquiry, that I have kept a complete record of every message sent, including screenshots too. In this way if they do not reply I can atleast show them my side of things.

Anyway I will be contacting my bank and I'll keep you updated on exactly what this is ...... hopefully.

Last edited by completeranker; 21-05-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
# 15
melbell
Old 02-06-2012, 8:29 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by soolin View Post
Doing a google search this appears to be a scam, so I would remove the DD from your bank account immediately and change all your bank log in details and paypal passwords imemdiately.
|Not quite the "expert" then?
# 16
soolin
Old 02-06-2012, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbell View Post
|Not quite the "expert" then?
Aw bless, it took you 4 years to catch me out..shame you missed my apology on that same day 4 years ago.
New to Forum? Guide
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to soolin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Mark G
Old 05-07-2012, 6:09 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Not a scam

This is legitimte.

If you set up bank funding on your paypal account they take or pay in 2 very small amounts to verify your bank account you then input theses amounts into the relevant page on your paypal account. Then when you buy anything from any website offering paypal, the payment will come direct from your bank. It's called Direct Bank Funding. It is used if you have a zero balance on your paypal account. You can also setup a credit/debit card in a similar way.
So its not a scam.

If you have any queries just log onto your PP acount and check your transaction history against any payment you see on your bank statement.

Hope this helps.
In The Silence Of The Night, We Still Hear Their Screams...
# 18
RFW
Old 05-07-2012, 6:11 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G View Post

Hope this helps.
4 years later, are you an economist?
# 19
Mark G
Old 05-07-2012, 6:59 PM
MoneySaving Convert

lol
I have just noticed it on my online banking, so like other people did a google search and came up with loads of people saying 'scam', then I thought of actually cross referencing everything with my Bank and Paypal, and everything is as it should be.

Considering MSE came up in the top 10 I thought I would elaborate on here a bit more for future people doing a google search.
In The Silence Of The Night, We Still Hear Their Screams...
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark G For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
Blodwynpig007
Old 26-07-2012, 3:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

JPMC paypal is because you set out a Spotifiy Account like me thought this to be a one of payment 4.99, but they take from your account every month 59.88 a year