IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Cheapest Tassimo Pods?
Closed Thread
Views: 28,612
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
WOW Factor 0
MrsE
Old 23-11-2008, 5:28 PM
PPR
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 22,837
Default Cheapest Tassimo Pods?

Just ordered the Tassimo deal from Dixons (as detailed in the Tassimo thread on here).

Where is the cheapest place to get Tassimo Pods?

Got some in Asda yesterday for 2.97, is that the best price?

They didn't have any suchard chocolate ones though & they were why I bought this machine:rolleyes:

Got a box of Milka (them discovered there are only 8 in a box of Milka as 8 are whiteners:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) & got a coffee creama, though I would just work my way through them.

Any recommendations?
MrsE is offline
Report Post
# 2
dawnybabes
Old 23-11-2008, 9:42 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,318
Default

You can get the coffee ones from Costco. Thou they don't do any others.
dawnybabes is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to dawnybabes For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
chris3349
Old 23-11-2008, 10:33 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsE View Post
Just ordered the Tassimo deal from Dixons (as detailed in the Tassimo thread on here).

Where is the cheapest place to get Tassimo Pods?

Got some in Asda yesterday for 2.97, is that the best price?

They didn't have any suchard chocolate ones though & they were why I bought this machine:rolleyes:

Got a box of Milka (them discovered there are only 8 in a box of Milka as 8 are whiteners:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) & got a coffee creama, though I would just work my way through them.

Any recommendations?
I have had one of these for over a year now
At 2.97 is a good price people on e-bay selling them for more than that i have noticed the supermarkets usally do multibuy deals rather than price cuts on one pack eg 3 for 8.
I will let you know if i see any better deals but just a piece of advice make sure you reguster your product as you will get either coupons for free packs or 50p off etc and not just one lot i have got some every 6 months roughlly.
If ive helped click thanks it will make me smile
chris3349 is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to chris3349 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
MrsE
Old 25-11-2008, 8:40 PM
PPR
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 22,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3349 View Post
I have had one of these for over a year now
At 2.97 is a good price people on e-bay selling them for more than that i have noticed the supermarkets usally do multibuy deals rather than price cuts on one pack eg 3 for 8.
I will let you know if i see any better deals but just a piece of advice make sure you reguster your product as you will get either coupons for free packs or 50p off etc and not just one lot i have got some every 6 months roughlly.
Will do, thanks for the tip

Its the supermarket multibuys I need to find.

I will look in Sainsburys, I think I've seen them on offer in Sainsburys before.
MrsE is offline
Report Post
# 5
Usury_up_and_wear_it_out
Old 26-11-2008, 11:30 AM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 42
Default

How much is that per cup?
Usury_up_and_wear_it_out is offline
Report Post
# 6
MrsE
Old 26-11-2008, 1:43 PM
PPR
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 22,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usury_up_and_wear_it_out View Post
How much is that per cup?
I got mine for 2.97 in Asda, so thats 18p per cup.
MrsE is offline
Report Post
# 7
onetomany
Old 26-11-2008, 1:49 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: northants
Posts: 2,103
Default

hi i notice tesco has them on offer, but i get mine online, they have a great range
onetomany is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to onetomany For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
MrsE
Old 26-11-2008, 1:54 PM
PPR
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 22,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetomany View Post
hi i notice tesco has them on offer, but i get mine online, they have a great range
Mine should be here tomorrow or Friday

I want the Suchards & the Starbucks next.

Do you buy them from Tassimo?
MrsE is offline
Report Post
# 9
lemontart
Old 15-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: east mids
Posts: 5,426
Default

morrsions is standard 2.99 price same as website cost me more in petrol to go to asdas as it is a 20 mile round trip
lemontart is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to lemontart For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
MrsE
Old 15-12-2008, 1:01 PM
PPR
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 22,837
Default

Thing you have to watch out for with the Tassimos, is even though they all have 16 pods, "some" drinks require two pods, they all cost the same (approx 3).
If you get the suchards chocolate, its 16 pods & 16 drinks.
If you get the milka chocolate, its 16 pods & 2 pods per cup (separate whitener) so 8 drinks.
Some of the frothy coffees are the same.
That makes a MASSIVE price difference, it doubles it!
MrsE is offline
Report Post
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
 
 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - MoneySavingExpert.com - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT. The time now is 4:42 PM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 19 November 2014

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed

profile

Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

MSE's Twitter Feed

profile
Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion.
We use Skimlinks and other affiliated links in some of our boards, for some of our users.