IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Has Biasco gone bust again?
Closed Thread
Views: 12,458
# 1
gazzythomas
Old 18-11-2008, 1:27 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs down Has Biasco gone bust again?

I placed an order with Biasco at the start of November. Over 2 weeks on I called to see when the items would be delivered. Two calls - one 40 minutes, the other 20 minutes and both times got to the front of the queue and was cut off. Not responding to emails.

Website still seems to be taking orders....

Can anyone confirm that they have gone under?

Gary
# 2
gazzythomas
Old 19-11-2008, 4:42 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Seems they're still going

Had the day off and noticed that they're not that far from me, so took a drive to their HQ. They're still trading and apologised as they have issues with their phones at the moment. Doesn't explain why I haven't had a reply to my emails though.

My items should arrive within the next week. I hope.

Panic over for now!
# 3
hollyrobs
Old 26-11-2008, 1:06 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I'm having the same problem, but unfortunately do not live near Biasco. I have just read some horrific reviews about them on another website and wished I had never put my order in with them! Not being able to communicate with them is unacceptable and their customer service stinks.
# 4
squires55
Old 26-11-2008, 1:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Ordered some appliances from them, got a delivery date to be confirmed by the manufacturer with a note saying not to contact them until 10days had elapsed. Waited 10 days no contact from manufacturer so I rang Biasco. Waited 40mins for a service rep to answer, to be told that the delivery date was changed to 4 weeks later and that I should have been told (I wasn't).

As my Kitchen was about to be fitted I cancelled the order and had to wait 3 weeks for the money to be refunded to my card, again after ringing them (waited 32minutes for Cust Rep), sending emails etc. I eventually ordered from my local Apollo 2000 - 20 dearer, delivery the following week.

I woulnd't use them again even if they were significantly cheaper than any other vendor.
# 5
garreth
Old 26-11-2008, 3:52 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

ordered an oven, waited the ten days only to be told they were out of stock, (we had to contact them) three missed delivery dates later, and still no oven, after waiting in all day every time they then say they have lost it (the oven) we have cancelled, they are saying there is a 15 day refund period, not answering the phone, not replying to emails, do not buy from them, also sainsburies, 20 quid more will be here saturday
# 6
kev330
Old 02-12-2008, 6:26 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs down Don't buy from Biasco however cheap!!!

Like many other reviews, (search for Biasco reviews on price comparision sites) I too have experienced problems with my order for 2 appliances from Biasco. I paid for the goods (1054) when I ordered them on 25/10/08. Told they would be delivered on/around 6/11/08. On 12/11/08 I contacted them as I had heard nothing. I was told that the goods would not be available until earliest 1/12/08. Since they were unable to supply the goods within a reasonable time scale I cancelled my order only to be told I would be refunded within 28 days. No goods have ever been supplied so it is extremely patronising to be told that a simple procedure such as a card refund which takes no more than 2 mins to process will take 28 days. I cannot find any reference to refunds taking up to 28 days on the Biasco website. I contacted my local AEG stockist who for 18 more than Biasco supplied the 2 appliances within 3 days, took 100 deposit and the balance on delivery. Still waiting for refund dipite several requests which are just ignored.
Don't get mixed up with this lot!!
# 7
PropertyInvestor
Old 05-12-2008, 11:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Avoid Like The Plague

Ordered 10,000 (yes you read that correctly - 10,000 of my hard earned British Sterling Pounds with Her Majesty's head on!) worth of goods from Biasco. I ordered 8 weeks before I needed the goods onsite and scheduled with Biasco for all goods to be delivered on a specific date and this was confirmed to me by Biasco. HOWEVER on "the day" only half the goods arrived and the driver (who was without any chips in his butty) had no idea about any other goods.

Biasco had said that some of the goods were coming direct from the manufacturer, HOWEVER after calling the manufacturer myself, the manufacturer confirmed that they had no record of any deliveries scheduled to my address. Of course Biasco the Fiasco do not answer the phones EVER and so my solicitors will be issuing them with a 24 hour notice to deliver the remaining goods otherwise I will have my debt collection and insolvency practitioners issue them immediately with a Statutory Demand for payment and if not resolved within the 28 days of the Statutory Demand, then I will be issuing them with a Winding Up Petition. If they have been trading insolvently (and trust me my insolvency practitioners will dig into every nook and cranny of the business to investigate insolvent trading) my insolvency practitioners will then pursue the directors personally and recover the money. I do not mess about with such imbeciles in business. They have cost me over 5000 in lost time onsite and cancellation/rescheduling costs of subcontractors. If it costs me another 10,000 to pursue these idiots then so be it, at least it will save all those future unsuspecting customers from this Biasco bunch of jokers.

It is time for this lot to be put to sleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to PropertyInvestor For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
smithy1311
Old 22-12-2008, 1:53 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Biasco problems

Placed order for approx. 1k of goods on 8 November (they took immediate payment) and asked for refund on 21 November on basis Biasco couldn't even give delivery time estimate (the items were 'in stock' when ordered). Refund of course, if still nowhere to be seen.

Although I have managed to get contact details for individuals at Biasco, they are now not responding to emails, and their main switchboard numbers (including the one posted on their homepage), now just carry a message "This is Biasco, the office is now closed, please call again tomorrow".

Have they gone bust again ?

What is my best course of action to get my money back -- go to credit card company?
# 9
savemoney
Old 22-12-2008, 2:13 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Yes go to credit card company even if they arent bust you ordered over 28 days ago so they are in breach of contract

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...your-purchases
The Following User Says Thank You to savemoney For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
burningstariv
Old 22-12-2008, 4:37 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just tried checking the website, and when you add something to cart it doesn't let you get to a check out page. Looks like they have gone again. I'd contact your credit card company asap.
# 11
macquatic
Old 22-12-2008, 6:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I phoned another number from their website this afternoon and was told Biasco were "in administration" and was given a contact number (I think the administrator) to get futher information.
The gentleman concerned was in a meeting but the recepionist was very wary of making a comment, referring to a date in January.
The contact is Tony Hyams on 02074 952348
# 12
sistermary
Old 22-12-2008, 8:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Goodness me - what a fool I feel. If only I had known about this forum. 4,000 pounds of equipment ordered and they took the money immediately. BUT no delivery, and no sight of one either. Plus no kitchen, and builders coming next week. Thank the Lord for John Lewis, or else I would have been kitchen-less at Christmas
The credit card company will sort out Biasco (fiasco) for me and get my money back, but if anyone is contemplating it - DON'T TOUCH BIASCO with a bargepole.
# 13
djcjbkb
Old 23-12-2008, 1:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Wow, cant believe this company is still trading! exaxctly the same problems, orderd in september and still no product and no refund, how i wonder can they get away with robbing people of their hard earned cash, have phoned consumer direct and they have referd complaint on as they shouldnt be selling products that are not (or probably never) been in stock. vary wary of any internet purchases now, plus no chance of refund or seeing money as paid on debit card!!!

anyone know any more about if they are in administation and numbers to call? (where you do actually talk to a human)
# 14
djcjbkb
Old 23-12-2008, 1:49 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

update, anyone searching to find if they have gone into adminstration, they have the number to call is 0207 4952348, tony hyams, very help full but if you paid be debit card then not much chance of a refund! credit card- get claiming!
The Following User Says Thank You to djcjbkb For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
smithy1311
Old 23-12-2008, 2:30 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Biasco and administration

I also tried Tony Hyams' number. His colleague was clear that Biasco would be tipping into administration in January and that they were hoping to be appointed administrators.
# 16
competitionscafe
Old 07-01-2009, 5:37 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Biasco has ceased trading according to webgains.

"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
best of everything; they just make the best
of everything that comes along their way."
-- Author Unknown --
# 17
malkaul
Old 07-01-2009, 10:54 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Cool

Yes I am pretty sure they are out of business now. I placed an order for abot 2500 at the end of November and they seemed confident that they would be able to supply within the couple of weeks I needed the appliances by, but they didn't and I ended up spending the same amount elsewhere so I am out of pocket at the moment. I did pay by credit card and I am chasing them up at the moment so hopefully I am going to get my money back though this is the first time something like this has happened to me so I am not sure of the process or how long it takes.

I might try and ring Tony Hyams too and see if he can give me some insight into what I should be doing here
# 18
harveyandjoseph
Old 14-01-2009, 7:50 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Unhappy all I wanted for christmas was my washer dryer

Oh how I wish I'd known abour this lot before ordering a washer dryer from BIASCO. I paid for mine on dec 18th and surprise surprise its never arrived. Paid by debit card. Gutted. This company is as dishonest as you can get!
# 19
competitionscafe
Old 14-01-2009, 8:02 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyandjoseph View Post
I paid for mine on dec 18th and surprise surprise its never arrived. Paid by debit card. Gutted.
Sorry to hear that harveyandjoseph. Is it a Visa debit card? Apparently you can make a request for chargeback (refund) on those depending on circumstances.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ch/7347146.stm

Also see this article on what rights you have if you buy items
from a company that goes into administration:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009...administration
"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
best of everything; they just make the best
of everything that comes along their way."
-- Author Unknown --

Last edited by competitionscafe; 19-01-2009 at 3:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to competitionscafe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
BrummyBloke
Old 19-01-2009, 3:07 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Post Biasco Administration/Liquidation Update

I have been in contact with the appointed administrators today who tell me Biasco are being placed into liquidation tomorrow (20 Jan 2009). The administrators are:

Marriotts LLP,
Allan House
10 John Princes Street
London W1G 0AH
Tel: 020 74952348 (Mr Anthony Hyams)
Fax: 020 74952318

If anyone needs confirmation of this liquidation e.g to reclaim from their credit card company etc., a general notice regarding the liquidation should be available from the above company from tomorrow onwards and or you can email them for this information, to: pjukes@marriottsllp.co.uk

Hope this helps anyone else out in the same situation of being owed money, that can eventally be reclaimed - if purchases made by credit card.

Regards BB
The Following User Says Thank You to BrummyBloke For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread