Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gt94sss2
    • By gt94sss2 16th Nov 08, 8:21 PM
    • 3,877Posts
    • 1,740Thanks
    gt94sss2
    0 WOW
    Free McAfee security software for HSBC customers (merged)
    • 16th Nov 08, 8:21 PM
    0 WOW
    Free McAfee security software for HSBC customers (merged) 16th Nov 08 at 8:21 PM
    Whenever you connect to the Internet, you expose your computer to the risk of infection from viruses. They can attack websites, email attachments, or a network of computers.

HSBC have teamed up with McAfee® to offer all our Personal Internet Banking customers access to free Security software for 12 months.

HSBC are continually reviewing and enhancing the security we offer you as part of our Internet Banking service, and it's also very important that you, as an internet user, take the appropriate steps to help protect yourself. McAfee® Security helps to protect your PC and your information against internet fraud and intrusion from hackers.

To download your free security software you will need to Register or Log on to Personal Internet Banking and select the 'Free McAfee® Security download' link.

*McAfee software download is only available to PC users.
    More details here

Regards
    Sunil
Page 1
    • tlise
    • By tlise 17th Nov 08, 8:09 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    tlise
    • 17th Nov 08, 8:09 PM
    HSBC customers
    • 17th Nov 08, 8:09 PM
    HSBC have teamed up with McAfee to offer a free 12 month FREE security suite for your pc. I know it includes Anti spyware and virus scan, other than that I am still downloading it, but I figured its worth a try.
    If you log onto your account, the link is there. I think it only works via the link.
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but I couldn't see it x
  • mountainchrisriver
    • 17th Nov 08, 8:15 PM
    • 17th Nov 08, 8:15 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1291289
    • tlise
    • By tlise 17th Nov 08, 8:27 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    tlise
    • 17th Nov 08, 8:27 PM
    • 17th Nov 08, 8:27 PM

<ggg> well I tried searching for HSBC ^^^up there. but look at it this way, if I didn't see it, others might have missed it too <g>
  • jodyemma
    • 17th Nov 08, 10:31 PM
    Free McAfee Anti Virus software
    • 17th Nov 08, 10:31 PM
    If you bank online with HSBC they are offering McAfee Antivirus free for 12 months its worth £39.99 and you can protect up to 3 PCs with it
    Something free from a bank Blimey!!!!!!!!
  • any2002uk
    • 17th Nov 08, 11:07 PM
    • 17th Nov 08, 11:07 PM
    the bank block my account because they awaiting the letter back with my signuature to confirm that whether i have download anti-virus on my laptop, and i am eligible for this free software but how can i download it as i enter my IB detial.
  • omelette451
    • 23rd Dec 08, 5:39 PM
    Don't bother!
    • 23rd Dec 08, 5:39 PM
    Both needing new anti-virus software and being rather impressed with HSBC actually doing something nice for its customers I downloaded the free McAfee stuff... Big mistake. It slowed my computer down so much I very nearly threw it out the window. I've since uninstalled it and gone for the free avast software recommended by Martin on the general anti-virus page, and would urge anyone in a similar position to do the same.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 23rd Dec 08, 6:04 PM
    • 7,383 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    • 23rd Dec 08, 6:04 PM
    • 23rd Dec 08, 6:04 PM
    Both needing new anti-virus software and being rather impressed with HSBC actually doing something nice for its customers I downloaded the free McAfee stuff... Big mistake. It slowed my computer down so much I very nearly threw it out the window. I've since uninstalled it and gone for the free avast software recommended by Martin on the general anti-virus page, and would urge anyone in a similar position to do the same.
    Originally posted by omelette451
    Ive used McAfee for many years and never had a problem, in fact last weekend I installed McAfee 12 months free via another posters link on here as my current subscription was days from running out and again my PC (s) continue to run as fast as the day they were built.
    • ladymay
    • By ladymay 4th Jan 09, 10:20 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 3,065 Thanks
    ladymay
    • 4th Jan 09, 10:20 PM
    Free McAfee security for HSBC customers...
    • 4th Jan 09, 10:20 PM
    Not sure if this will be on for everyone, but on my HSBC internet banking homepage there was a link to free McAfee for a year. Thought it may be useful for a least a couple of people to check out.
    Debt 14/04/12: £15736.77
    Debt 09/12/14 ZERO POUNDS
    Debt Free Day: 09/12/14
    • janie63
    • By janie63 5th Jan 09, 6:25 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 387 Thanks
    janie63
    is first direct offering this too? They are a division of HSBC
  • midge101
    Thanks for the info. I had downloaded it but not installed it yet as my present one isnt finished. I wont bother now lol.
    • emilenaim
    • By emilenaim 15th Jan 09, 1:18 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    emilenaim
    McAfee VirusScan Plus AntiVirus, Firewall & AntiSpyware 12 Months free
    This is an offer for HSBC customers to download McAfee VirusScan Plus AntiVirus, Firewall & AntiSpyware and enjoy it for free for 12 months.

You register with McAfee when you click the link and you get your softeware and registration for 12 Months.

You don't have to be an HSBC customer as far as I am aware.

http://uk.mcafee.com/root/landingpages/afflandpage.asp?affid=623&lpname=vsf_cp

Enjoy!!
    • scatz
    • By scatz 15th Jan 09, 3:16 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    scatz
    I downloaded the free McAfee software and haven't had any problems with my PC slowing down! It, however, only allows the cover of 1 PC not 3 as someone had stated above.

Also, you do have to be a member of HSBC as the link appears after you have logged in IIRC.

I'd recommend it!
    Last edited by scatz; 15-01-2009 at 3:20 PM.
    Barclaycard - £0.00, Halifax Personal Loan £9636.79
  • Kelvster
    Other Places Offering Free Premium Antivirus Software
    Hi all, you can usually get free antivirus software from your bank or your internet service provider. I know of the following companies who are giving away decent security suites on a free 12 month subscription.

BT, Sky and O2 - McAfee or Norton Internet Security Suites with most internet packages, just check their websites for details

Virgin Media - PC guard security suite

HSBC - McAfee free with internet banking account

Barclays Bank - Kaspersky 2009 free with online banking (Great software package)

AOL, Talk Talk, Carphone Warehouse - Free Internet Security Suite (Own Brand)

These are the ones I know about but there may be more so before you go out and spend a fortune on security software check with your bank and ISP first.

Good Luck,

Kelvin
  • upsadaisy
    I took up this offer a few years ago with HSBC. Hope I can do it again.
  • blackrunningbird
    HSBC Customers: free McAfee Security
    Hi, I logged into HSBC internet banking this morning and found free McAfee security software for 12 months.

To get it: log in, click on "Free McAfee security download then follow the on screen instructions.

its £24.95 to buy at pcworld so a nice little saving

Liz
    Driver picks the music, Shotgun shuts his cakehole!
    • movilogo
    • By movilogo 3rd Mar 09, 11:38 AM
    • 2,165 Posts
    • 1,437 Thanks
    movilogo
    Use Linux and you can be secure even without a virus scanner
  • NaomiJane
    Yay I knew they were charging me 15 a month overdraft interest for a reason
  • Loco
    anyone tried to re-download Mcafee after the 12 month subscription is up?

I logged back into my account and tried to do that but keep getting the message "SKU already in use"...what does that mean? I uninstalled my previous version of Mcafee but no effect.
  • seantravcom
    You will need to use a different browser. If you are using IE, just download Firefox or Google Chrome and then log on to your bank account to download Mcaffe - it will work.
    cheers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

368Posts Today

2,118Users online

Martin's Twitter