Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Edinburghlass
    • 10th Nov 08, 2:29 PM
    • 10th Nov 08, 2:29 PM
    I think someone said these are also half price instore, I'll check later when I go shopping.
    Martin has asked me to tell you that I'm the Board Guide of the Telephones, Reclaim Bank Charges, Silver Savers and Scotland boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides don't deal with this. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jakesmummy05
    • 10th Nov 08, 2:34 PM
    • 10th Nov 08, 2:34 PM
    Thanks for the link, just ordered a tree!
  • Franklins
    • 10th Nov 08, 3:13 PM
    • 10th Nov 08, 3:13 PM
    Thought this sale was starting Wednesday, thanks for the post, have ordered my tree
  • scousewife
    • 10th Nov 08, 3:42 PM
    • 10th Nov 08, 3:42 PM
    Thank you so much ordered a new tree, some lights & a pair of topiary trees for outside - I spent 30 but saved 30 so Im happy - roll on Christmas!!
  • Daisymac
    • 10th Nov 08, 4:09 PM
    • 10th Nov 08, 4:09 PM
    I just got an 8ft christmas tree for 20, have no idea if it will fit in my house as I am work at the moment and can remember how tall my ceilings are, sure they are not 8ft, but I got carried away !!
  • Sammy_Girl
    • 10th Nov 08, 5:18 PM
    • 10th Nov 08, 5:18 PM
    Thank you so much OP

Does anyone have a code for Tesco Direct? I've tried the ones that could find on the vouchers board but none of them are working for me :confused:

I;m still sat at checkout and would like to save 5 if possible Does anyone have a code for a 30 spend?

Thank you
    DD March 2011
  • emujuice
    • 10th Nov 08, 5:40 PM
    • 10th Nov 08, 5:40 PM
    Hi, also couldn't get any codes working, but the pages kept crashing on me and I didn't want to lose my bargains so order anyway. got heaps - not sure that I need it all. it's posted elsewhere that these are actually 75% off, which makes sense as they seem very cheap.
    I got tree, heaps of lights and the topiary things too. they look ace. will see what I like and take the rest back.
    dont forget a half price sim for free delivery, makes delivery 2.43
    • Poppycat
    • By Poppycat 10th Nov 08, 5:43 PM
    • 12,602 Posts
    • 9,485 Thanks
    Poppycat
    • 10th Nov 08, 5:43 PM
    • 10th Nov 08, 5:43 PM
    I ordered 27 of Christmas stuff postage was free to store to collect

I couldnt get any codes to work.

• aaron772
    many thanks we ordered lots of decorations and our new tree earlier.
    • By xdaisyx 10th Nov 08, 6:02 PM
    • 480 Posts
    • 1,199 Thanks
    xdaisyx
    just ordered far too many lights but at those prices it had to be done! lol

i used code TDXR-NCR for 5 off and did the free delivery on sim cards trick
  • Natbag
    Anyone got any recommendations please? Some of these trees look lovely, and worth full price never mind half price, but are they as nice in the flesh? I think we're looking at a 6ft slim tree but I quite like the Green Whistler too!
    • Finch7
    • By Finch7 10th Nov 08, 7:35 PM
    • 1,415 Posts
    • 2,745 Thanks
    Finch7
    I got mine in store today, got a 6ft rocky tree for 17.50 and a small black one for 2.50! Got lights too for bth of them.

Bargain, cant wait to put it up now
    • susancs
    • By susancs 10th Nov 08, 7:35 PM
    • 3,620 Posts
    • 3,493 Thanks
    susancs
    Thank you OP. Got sister a red and gold 6ft decorated tree and some lights for under 14 for her new flat.
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 10th Nov 08, 8:20 PM
    • 2,473 Posts
    • 1,760 Thanks
    BOBS
    thanks for this..... just order snowmen lights to put around the top of kitchen cupboards ....
    • hogshead
    • By hogshead 10th Nov 08, 8:25 PM
    • 2,199 Posts
    • 11,057 Thanks
    hogshead
    Is this instore too?
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 10th Nov 08, 9:10 PM
    • 4,044 Posts
    • 62,050 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    just ordered far too many lights but at those prices it had to be done! lol

i used code TDXR-NCR for 5 off and did the free delivery on sim cards trick
    Originally posted by xdaisyx
    Its not accepting this code for me on a 52 spend... why??
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • xdaisyx
    • By xdaisyx 10th Nov 08, 9:31 PM
    • 480 Posts
    • 1,199 Thanks
    xdaisyx
    Its not accepting this code for me on a 52 spend... why??
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06

i have no idea, it worked for me
  • mummof3
    After hmming and haaing with OH for a couple hours, we finally decided we could live without our 30 6ft Black Fibreoptic tree, and got a tree and a whole heap of lights, (using the sim for free del trick) for less than 29!! Thank you OP!!
    Look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves!!
    • Antispam
    • By Antispam 11th Nov 08, 12:40 AM
    • 3,910 Posts
    • 3,432 Thanks
    Antispam
    Thanks there is some good deals on there
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,009Posts Today

6,419Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO https://t.co/WvYWI3x9Ni

• Writing with the news off feels a touch daring at the moment. Im wary of turning it back on & finding the latest turn in our national dramas

• I had my first full nights sleep since the referendum so I am feeling much more awake https://t.co/8n8p5QCkmn

• Follow Martin