Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Unsecured loan, can't afford to pay, what do I do?
    • #1
    • 9th Nov 08, 9:51 PM
    Unsecured loan, can't afford to pay, what do I do? 9th Nov 08 at 9:51 PM
    I have an unsecured loan with AA Financial services for 15000. the payments are 378 per month. I am a builder and have been struggling for work and at the moment cannot afford to make these payments. I have agreed with the company to pay 50 per month until things improve and have asked them to freeze the interest on the loan. They refused to do this unless I go to the Citizens Advice Bureau but I have already been and after my mortgage lender suggested it during negotiations with them, but when I saw the CAB they were too busy to handle my case as they had much more sever cases to deal with. When I explained this to the loan company they suggested I contact CCCS who I understand are a debt management company. I have another loan with another finance company, also unsecured, they have already agreed to freeze the interest for 12 months and accept a reduced payment without me having to go to these lengths. What can I do as I don't want to use the debt management companies as I have heard on a radio programme featuring Debt Wizard that these are not advised?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,193Posts Today

7,466Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Apologies for the vulgarity but did the #Wimbledon bbc2 commentator just say "he doesn't beat himself off?"

  • Eeek did we forget to pay the meter? No power in MSE Towers - no phones - (appartently power down in whole central london)

  • Warning! Did you start Uni in or after 2012? If so govt mooting making your loans more costly. See RT to spread word

  • Follow Martin