Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 7th Nov 08, 11:40 AM
    • 4,660Posts
    • 3,422Thanks
    heatherw_01
    0 WOW
    Tesco Home Panels
    • 7th Nov 08, 11:40 AM
    0 WOW
    Tesco Home Panels 7th Nov 08 at 11:40 AM
    The Tesco home panel lets you test products and give your opinions on them.

Link to the old thread here

http://www.tescohomepanels.com/

Q. Why has Tesco Home Panels been set up?
    A. Our aim at Tesco is to give our customers top quality products at a great price. Tesco Home Panels has been developed to enable Tesco customers to test products in their own homes and tell us what they thought of them. Feedback from our customers is really important to us.

Q. How do I become a member of Tesco Home Panels?
    A. Email us at home.panels@uk.tesco.com with your full name and we’ll send you an email with all of the details you need to register and become a member.

Q. What do I need to do to remain a member of Tesco Home Panels?
    A. You will need to complete at least one product usage survey each year and complete the questionnaires for any product tests that you participate in on time.

Q. How will you contact me?
    A. Primarily by email, but your product samples for testing will arrive by post unless you are told otherwise.

Q. I've forgotten my password, what should I do?
    Contact us and we will provide you with your password providing you can answer your security questionnaire that you set up when registering as a member.
    Last edited by heatherw_01; 08-11-2008 at 4:02 PM.
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Page 1
  • Reverbe
    • 7th Nov 08, 12:00 PM
    • 7th Nov 08, 12:00 PM
    They never reply to you.
  • HockeyDuo8083
    • 7th Nov 08, 12:21 PM
    • 7th Nov 08, 12:21 PM
    This is the reply that I got...

"AUTOMATED RESPONSE
    Thank you for emailing Tesco Home Panels.
    If you are emailing to join the panel our next recruitment will begin at the end of November. Your request for membership has been noted and we will contact you nearer the time.
    If you are emailing to take part in a trial your response has been received and we will contact you shortly.
    All other questions will be answered within 48 hours excluding weekends."

Will wait and see....
  • rob200375
    • 7th Nov 08, 12:29 PM
    • 7th Nov 08, 12:29 PM
    i had the same response in august, heard nothing, then sent another email and had no response.
    Pigsback - £230 vouchers + £30 wc 28.01.08 + 5000 points waiting/chasing
    Quidco - £246 Claimed, £65 Qeuries, £8 validated
    Bank Charges - £3000+ recieved back, thanks to MSE
    • Belair
    • By Belair 7th Nov 08, 12:39 PM
    • 381 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Belair
    • 7th Nov 08, 12:39 PM
    • 7th Nov 08, 12:39 PM
    I applied in July and am now testing 3 different products and had to turn down 2 others.
  • flumpster67
    • 7th Nov 08, 1:37 PM
    • 7th Nov 08, 1:37 PM
    I got the automated email saying recruiting again in November, then about 30 minutes later an email explaining what the home panel is and if I was still interested to reply

'Tesco Home Panels is run to test a wide range of non-food products sold in Tesco stores. When panellists have indicated they would like to take part in certain types of trials they will receive emails inviting them to take part in the product tests (please note not all panellists are emailed for every trial) and the first 100 to reply will usually be selected. Samples are then sent out to the address panellists have completed in their personal information section. Trials last anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on the type of product and usage required, during which period an online questionnaire is available to be completed after the samples have been assessed. If you would like to become a member of Tesco Home Panels please reply to this email to confirm'
  • beario
    • 7th Nov 08, 2:20 PM
    • 7th Nov 08, 2:20 PM
    I am a member of this too and get samples to test every fortnight or so. Currently doing nappies and washing up liquid.

Does anyone know if Sainsbury's, Morrisons or any other supermarket chain has a home panel I can join?
  • HelzBelz
    • 7th Nov 08, 2:22 PM
    • 7th Nov 08, 2:22 PM
    I got the automated email saying recruiting again in November, then about 30 minutes later an email explaining what the home panel is and if I was still interested to reply

'Tesco Home Panels is run to test a wide range of non-food products sold in Tesco stores. When panellists have indicated they would like to take part in certain types of trials they will receive emails inviting them to take part in the product tests (please note not all panellists are emailed for every trial) and the first 100 to reply will usually be selected. Samples are then sent out to the address panellists have completed in their personal information section. Trials last anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on the type of product and usage required, during which period an online questionnaire is available to be completed after the samples have been assessed. If you would like to become a member of Tesco Home Panels please reply to this email to confirm'
    Originally posted by flumpster67
    I just got this as well
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 7th Nov 08, 2:25 PM
    • 10,890 Posts
    • 35,922 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 7th Nov 08, 2:25 PM
    • 7th Nov 08, 2:25 PM
    Sorry didnt notice this was the new Tesco home panel thread!

Thanks OP
    Last edited by sarah1972; 07-11-2008 at 4:27 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

New to MSE?http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-introduction-guide?_ga=1.180583330.489173029.1402242994
    • madcal87
    • By madcal87 7th Nov 08, 2:26 PM
    • 429 Posts
    • 626 Thanks
    madcal87
    i am on home panel but got aftershave....my got it stank !!!
    • carriew
    • By carriew 7th Nov 08, 3:31 PM
    • 956 Posts
    • 1,317 Thanks
    carriew
    at present I have

dog food
    loo cleaner
    air freshner
    tooth brushes

turned down

mens thermals
    nappies
    cat food

all in last 2 weeks
    <<<< MY HERO!
  • Edinburghlass
    Thanks for posting OP although there is already a tesco home panel thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=524158&highlight=tesco+home+pane l

I have pm'd a BG to request a merge with the original post.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    This is the new thread started by the BG

For those just applying, I was accepted when they said they would be recruiting at the end of September and have had quite a few trials to do.
    Martin has asked me to tell you that I'm the Board Guide of the Telephones, Reclaim Bank Charges, Silver Savers and Scotland boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides don't deal with this. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 7th Nov 08, 4:29 PM
    • 10,890 Posts
    • 35,922 Thanks
    sarah1972
    This is the new thread started by the BG

For those just applying, I was accepted when they said they would be recruiting at the end of September and have had quite a few trials to do.
    Originally posted by Edinburghlass
    Woops sorry, I didnt see that it was a new thread I thought it was a duplicate.

Thanks
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

New to MSE?http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-introduction-guide?_ga=1.180583330.489173029.1402242994
    • Mumto2
    • By Mumto2 7th Nov 08, 4:51 PM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 1,669 Thanks
    Mumto2
    Just got an email about trialling disposable baby bibs. It says there will only be one of each sample but trial lasts 2 weeks!! That should be interesting :confused:
    Now proud Mumto3
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 8th Nov 08, 1:37 PM
    • 8,239 Posts
    • 48,803 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    Subject: I would like to become a member of Tesco Home Panels

if using email link from OP
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • FatAndy
    • By FatAndy 8th Nov 08, 2:17 PM
    • 7,144 Posts
    • 14,975 Thanks
    FatAndy
    If you're going to join Tesco Home Panel then remember that they send the goods through the post or by courier so it helps if you're home in the day. We recently got a card through the letterbox telling us that the postman had tried to deliver a package and we had to collect it from the local depot. My wife made a 10 mile round trip to find it contained 2 toilet rolls!!! They weren't even good quality ones. In future I'll stick to things that will fit through the letterbox.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk

• louidog
    A new thread....

I have just done Value dog mixer and am waiting for shower stuff!
    My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
    -Erma Bombeck-
    ~ Member of the MSE Celebdaq Minileague ~
  • Upforabargain2008
    I've just finished the tissues & the polish, waiting for more now!
    • anniemf2508
    • By anniemf2508 8th Nov 08, 9:15 PM
    • 1,835 Posts
    • 6,703 Thanks
    anniemf2508
    i'm doing baby wipes at the moment

have had emails about air freshener, value wipes and organic hand wash in the last few days....hope i get them
  • chas76
    I joined September, recent ones are cat biscuits, dog food, bleach, toilet cleaner, and toothbrushes, turned down petroleum jelly and a couple of others.

Do you write much for explanations? I find it difficult sometimes knowing what to write and feel like im repeating myself!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,122Posts Today

6,580Users online

Martin's Twitter