IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Tesco Home Panels
Views: 417,071
# 1
WOW Factor 0
heatherw_01
Old 07-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Tesco Home Panels

The Tesco home panel lets you test products and give your opinions on them.

Link to the old thread here

http://www.tescohomepanels.com/

Q. Why has Tesco Home Panels been set up?
A. Our aim at Tesco is to give our customers top quality products at a great price. Tesco Home Panels has been developed to enable Tesco customers to test products in their own homes and tell us what they thought of them. Feedback from our customers is really important to us.

Q. How do I become a member of Tesco Home Panels?
A. Email us at home.panels@uk.tesco.com with your full name and we’ll send you an email with all of the details you need to register and become a member.

Q. What do I need to do to remain a member of Tesco Home Panels?
A. You will need to complete at least one product usage survey each year and complete the questionnaires for any product tests that you participate in on time.

Q. How will you contact me?
A. Primarily by email, but your product samples for testing will arrive by post unless you are told otherwise.

Q. I've forgotten my password, what should I do?
Contact us and we will provide you with your password providing you can answer your security questionnaire that you set up when registering as a member.
I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

Last edited by heatherw_01; 08-11-2008 at 4:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 157 Users Say Thank You to heatherw_01 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
The Following 8 Users got this: Show me >>
# 2
Reverbe
Old 07-11-2008, 12:00 PM

They never reply to you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reverbe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
HockeyDuo8083
Old 07-11-2008, 12:21 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

This is the reply that I got...

"AUTOMATED RESPONSE
Thank you for emailing Tesco Home Panels.
If you are emailing to join the panel our next recruitment will begin at the end of November. Your request for membership has been noted and we will contact you nearer the time.
If you are emailing to take part in a trial your response has been received and we will contact you shortly.
All other questions will be answered within 48 hours excluding weekends."

Will wait and see....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HockeyDuo8083 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
rob200375
Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

i had the same response in august, heard nothing, then sent another email and had no response.
Pigsback - 230 vouchers + 30 wc 28.01.08 + 5000 points waiting/chasing
Quidco - 246 Claimed, 65 Qeuries, 8 validated
Bank Charges - 3000+ recieved back, thanks to MSE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob200375 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Belair
Old 07-11-2008, 12:39 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I applied in July and am now testing 3 different products and had to turn down 2 others.
The Following User Says Thank You to Belair For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
flumpster67
Old 07-11-2008, 1:37 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I got the automated email saying recruiting again in November, then about 30 minutes later an email explaining what the home panel is and if I was still interested to reply

'Tesco Home Panels is run to test a wide range of non-food products sold in Tesco stores. When panellists have indicated they would like to take part in certain types of trials they will receive emails inviting them to take part in the product tests (please note not all panellists are emailed for every trial) and the first 100 to reply will usually be selected. Samples are then sent out to the address panellists have completed in their personal information section. Trials last anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on the type of product and usage required, during which period an online questionnaire is available to be completed after the samples have been assessed. If you would like to become a member of Tesco Home Panels please reply to this email to confirm'
The Following User Says Thank You to flumpster67 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
beario
Old 07-11-2008, 2:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I am a member of this too and get samples to test every fortnight or so. Currently doing nappies and washing up liquid.

Does anyone know if Sainsbury's, Morrisons or any other supermarket chain has a home panel I can join?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beario For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
HelzBelz
Old 07-11-2008, 2:22 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by flumpster67 View Post
I got the automated email saying recruiting again in November, then about 30 minutes later an email explaining what the home panel is and if I was still interested to reply

'Tesco Home Panels is run to test a wide range of non-food products sold in Tesco stores. When panellists have indicated they would like to take part in certain types of trials they will receive emails inviting them to take part in the product tests (please note not all panellists are emailed for every trial) and the first 100 to reply will usually be selected. Samples are then sent out to the address panellists have completed in their personal information section. Trials last anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on the type of product and usage required, during which period an online questionnaire is available to be completed after the samples have been assessed. If you would like to become a member of Tesco Home Panels please reply to this email to confirm'
I just got this as well
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HelzBelz For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
sarah1972
Old 07-11-2008, 2:25 PM

Sorry didnt notice this was the new Tesco home panel thread!

Thanks OP
I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

New to MSE? http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sit...oduction-guide

Last edited by sarah1972; 07-11-2008 at 4:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarah1972 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
madcal87
Old 07-11-2008, 2:26 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i am on home panel but got aftershave....my got it stank !!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madcal87 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
carriew
Old 07-11-2008, 3:31 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

at present I have

dog food
loo cleaner
air freshner
tooth brushes

turned down

mens thermals
nappies
cat food

all in last 2 weeks
<<<< MY HERO!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carriew For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Edinburghlass
Old 07-11-2008, 4:25 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1972 View Post
Thanks for posting OP although there is already a tesco home panel thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...sco+home+panel

I have pm'd a BG to request a merge with the original post.
This is the new thread started by the BG

For those just applying, I was accepted when they said they would be recruiting at the end of September and have had quite a few trials to do.
Martin has asked me to tell you that I'm the Board Guide of the Telephones, Reclaim Bank Charges, Silver Savers and Scotland boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides don't deal with this. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Edinburghlass For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
sarah1972
Old 07-11-2008, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinburghlass View Post
This is the new thread started by the BG

For those just applying, I was accepted when they said they would be recruiting at the end of September and have had quite a few trials to do.
Woops sorry, I didnt see that it was a new thread I thought it was a duplicate.

Thanks
I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

New to MSE? http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sit...oduction-guide
# 14
Mumto2
Old 07-11-2008, 4:51 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Just got an email about trialling disposable baby bibs. It says there will only be one of each sample but trial lasts 2 weeks!! That should be interesting :confused:
Now proud Mumto3
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumto2 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
Ms Chocaholic
Old 08-11-2008, 1:37 PM

Subject: I would like to become a member of Tesco Home Panels

if using email link from OP
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms Chocaholic For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
FatAndy
Old 08-11-2008, 2:17 PM

If you're going to join Tesco Home Panel then remember that they send the goods through the post or by courier so it helps if you're home in the day. We recently got a card through the letterbox telling us that the postman had tried to deliver a package and we had to collect it from the local depot. My wife made a 10 mile round trip to find it contained 2 toilet rolls!!! They weren't even good quality ones. In future I'll stick to things that will fit through the letterbox.
There is nothing better in life
Than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro
On a Saturday night instead of going to the pub.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
louidog
Old 08-11-2008, 5:29 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

A new thread....

I have just done Value dog mixer and am waiting for shower stuff!
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-
~ Member of the MSE Celebdaq Minileague ~
The Following User Says Thank You to louidog For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
Upforabargain2008
Old 08-11-2008, 9:14 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I've just finished the tissues & the polish, waiting for more now!
The Following User Says Thank You to Upforabargain2008 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
anniemf2508
Old 08-11-2008, 9:15 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i'm doing baby wipes at the moment

have had emails about air freshener, value wipes and organic hand wash in the last few days....hope i get them
The Following User Says Thank You to anniemf2508 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
chas76
Old 10-11-2008, 1:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I joined September, recent ones are cat biscuits, dog food, bleach, toilet cleaner, and toothbrushes, turned down petroleum jelly and a couple of others.

Do you write much for explanations? I find it difficult sometimes knowing what to write and feel like im repeating myself!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chas76 For This Useful Post: Show me >>