Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 6th Nov 08, 4:40 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    Parking Ticket Appeals successes and failures
    • 6th Nov 08, 4:40 PM
    Parking Ticket Appeals successes and failures 6th Nov 08 at 4:40 PM

This thread's to report successes for the Parking Ticket Appeal guide.

To discuss/ask a question click post reply.

If you want to discuss parking tickets rather than report a success go to the
    Parking Ticket Appeals Discussion

Plus, read about Martin's appeal success in his Parking Fines blog.

How to report your success/failure:
    1. Click reply to enter you story
    2. Report your story in the following format:
    • Who was your ticket from? (e.g. Civil, Police or Criminal)
    • Which stage did you get to? (e.g. informal, formal, tribunal, Ombudsman)
    • How much did you get back?
    • Which ground did you appeal under?
    • And then write your brief reclaim tale...
    Last edited by MSE Archna; 10-06-2010 at 4:36 PM.
Page 27
  • ry3owl
    They have abolished grammar all together!!! Or ones grammar isn't that great.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 26th Jan 15, 6:47 PM
    • 8,025 Posts
    • 8,215 Thanks
    pogofish
    They have abolished grammar all together!!! Or ones grammar isn't that great.
    Originally posted by ry3owl
    They have not however abolished the rules you agreed to - and this is hijacking an entirely irrellevant thread!

So go and read the Newbies Sticky carefully and if you need any other help (which is unlikely as this sounds like a Pepipoo matter) simply post your own thread!

And if you do take this to Pepipoo, do ensure you read the FAQ/New posters thread and comply with what they ask for and post in the correct forum. they will give you very short shrift if you dont!
  • Jiggyic
    Parking charge notice
    Hi ALL

Can I have some advice on appealing my Parking Charge Notice. I live at the property as a tenant in which PCM UK Ltd operate and am sure they do not own the land as their sign states they manage and operate. Some !!!! put a ticket on my car because I was parked in a visitor spot for 5 mins and not my numbered bay due to a heavy item being in my boot which needed to come out but my bay is too small get this out. I have appealed this and rejected in 1 day and not even acknowledge my reason for parking in that visitor bay. I now can appeal to IAS so is there anything I can send that will ensure I win this case or should I ignore from now? does it matter if they think I may be the driver?
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 22nd Feb 15, 11:37 AM
    • 8,950 Posts
    • 13,705 Thanks
    trisontana
    Hi ALL

Can I have some advice on appealing my Parking Charge Notice. I live at the property as a tenant in which PCM UK Ltd operate and am sure they do not own the land as their sign states they manage and operate. Some !!!! put a ticket on my car because I was parked in a visitor spot for 5 mins and not my numbered bay due to a heavy item being in my boot which needed to come out but my bay is too small get this out. I have appealed this and rejected in 1 day and not even acknowledge my reason for parking in that visitor bay. I now can appeal to IAS so is there anything I can send that will ensure I win this case or should I ignore from now? does it matter if they think I may be the driver?
    Originally posted by Jiggyic
    It would be best if you started your own thread and please read this guide:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • Walaboobah
    • By Walaboobah 23rd Mar 15, 11:09 AM
    • 275 Posts
    • 192 Thanks
    Walaboobah
    To get this thread back on topic....

I've had a couple of recent wins, both against NCP.

The first one my initial appeal was turned down so I went to POPLA, was given the date my case was going to be heard but received an Email prior to that from London Councils (POPLA) saying

"The Operator has informed us that they have cancelled parking charge notice number CXXXXXXXXX, issued in respect of a vehicle with the registration mark XXXXXXX . Your appeal has therefore been allowed by order of the Lead Adjudicator. You are not liable for the parking charge and, where appropriate, any amounts already paid in respect of this parking charge notice will be refunded by the Operator. "

That was last year, I then received another ticket for "Not parking within a designated bay", I then followed the template exactly as it was and appealed to NCP around Day 21 and have heard nothing back from them about it.

I went to their website to check, entered the details only to discover that the new ticket had been Cancelled! (It would have been nice if they had told me this rather than me having to find out!)

So to wins, one at the second stage although not technically a POPLA win and one at the first stage. I would never have won without the assistance of folks on this forum and to any newbies out there don't pay and follow the templates and you will win
    Last edited by Walaboobah; 23-03-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    • Jaxmax
    • By Jaxmax 29th Mar 15, 4:49 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jaxmax
    That's good to hear as I'm considering appealing against an NCP PCN for 'parking outside a marked bay', but feel very nervous about gettng an even bigger fine. Can I ask, why wait for day 21?
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 29th Mar 15, 5:01 PM
    • 14,797 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    Appealing a windscreen ticket AS KEEPER around day 21 means NPC will likely not seek KEEPER details via DVLA. Keeper details MUST be sourced via DVLA to invoke keeper liability under POFA 2012.
    • soton_25
    • By soton_25 29th Mar 15, 9:52 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    soton_25
    Devilishly sneaky
  • wise70
    Not received the first charge notice
    Hi everyone,
    I received a charge notice reminder for a overstay in a tesco car park. I did not receive the first notice, so I have been charged the full amount instead of the reduced charge.

I am planning to apeal using the template. Should I mention that I did not receive the first notice or just stick with the standard template? Thanks guys.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 30th Mar 15, 1:44 PM
    • 8,950 Posts
    • 13,705 Thanks
    trisontana
    Hi everyone,
    I received a charge notice reminder for a overstay in a tesco car park. I did not receive the first notice, so I have been charged the full amount instead of the reduced charge.

I am planning to apeal using the template. Should I mention that I did not receive the first notice or just stick with the standard template? Thanks guys.
    Originally posted by wise70
    It would be better if you started your own thread.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • PSF
    • By PSF 3rd Mar 16, 9:59 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PSF
    Croydon
    I got a parking ticket in Fiarview Road, Croydon - even though I had purchased a ticket.

On the day in question I had dropped my two, very recently adopted, children at their summer activity camp and had gone to Norbury to collect some dry cleaning. I drove onto Fairview Road, parked and went to the parking machine. It was out of order so I took a photo of it. I went to another parking machine; it too was out of order so I took another photo of it. I then went round the corner and found another machine which was working, I purchased a ticket and then one of my neighbours saw me and asked me about the children. We chatted for maybe two minutes before I said I had to get back to the car to put the ticket on or I would get a fine.

Sure enough I got back to the car and there was a ticket; they must have been waiting somewhere. I thought that it would not be a problem and so kept the ticket and PCN waiting for the letter.

When the letter arrived I made my appeal, included a copy of the paid for parking ticket and also the photos of the machines. The response I received rejected my appeal and said that I should have posted the ticket into my car immediately rather than waiting six minutes to do so.

For one reason or another I neglected to appeal again (how many times do you have to appeal?) and now have a threatening letter referring to bailiffs and my failure to lodge an appeal.

Should I let the matter go to court (will it go to court?) or should I pay as I am worried about the fine escalating and there being negative consequences for me?
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 3rd Mar 16, 11:54 AM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 2,978 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    hi PSF and welcome to the forum ....

please have a read through the newbies thread below ....

amongst other things it will ask that all new posters start a new thread

this is to stop advice becoming mixed / diluted / plain wrong ....

things change constantly in the murky world of private parking and advice given is rarely a one size fits all .....

who was the PPC ? and what was the the time line ?

just to calm you down till you read through the newbies threads .....

bailiffs will not 'come a calling'

you would have to go to court

loose

and then

refuse to pay

so panic not

please read the thread and post a new thread if you still need to ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

top left

good luck

Ralph
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 3rd Mar 16, 1:38 PM
    • 8,025 Posts
    • 8,215 Thanks
    pogofish
    I got a parking ticket in Fiarview Road, Croydon - even though I had purchased a ticket.

On the day in question I had dropped my two, very recently adopted, children at their summer activity camp and had gone to Norbury to collect some dry cleaning. I drove onto Fairview Road, parked and went to the parking machine. It was out of order so I took a photo of it. I went to another parking machine; it too was out of order so I took another photo of it. I then went round the corner and found another machine which was working, I purchased a ticket and then one of my neighbours saw me and asked me about the children. We chatted for maybe two minutes before I said I had to get back to the car to put the ticket on or I would get a fine.

Sure enough I got back to the car and there was a ticket; they must have been waiting somewhere. I thought that it would not be a problem and so kept the ticket and PCN waiting for the letter.

When the letter arrived I made my appeal, included a copy of the paid for parking ticket and also the photos of the machines. The response I received rejected my appeal and said that I should have posted the ticket into my car immediately rather than waiting six minutes to do so.

For one reason or another I neglected to appeal again (how many times do you have to appeal?) and now have a threatening letter referring to bailiffs and my failure to lodge an appeal.

Should I let the matter go to court (will it go to court?) or should I pay as I am worried about the fine escalating and there being negative consequences for me?
    Originally posted by PSF

So this is neither a success or a failure, in fact it might even be a legit ticket but your basic info is so sparse - What on earth made you think it was ok to post it here?
    Last edited by pogofish; 03-03-2016 at 1:40 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Mar 16, 5:27 PM
    • 52,881 Posts
    • 66,408 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Wow where did this ancient and out of date old thread get trawled up from? It was started in 2008 and should be locked.

Current forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Never read old threads.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Lisa LC
    • By Lisa LC 1st Apr 16, 1:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lisa LC
    Park Direct UK PCN - Uxbridge
    Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help please.......I'm sure this has been asked a million times before so apologies!

This morning I received a Parking Charge Notice from Park Direct UK for an alleged 'contravention' at r/o 233 High Street, Uxbridge.

In the PCN they have supplied two photos of my car - one at 19.59 where it is clear that I'm still in the car as both my front and rear lights are on and then a second at 20.07, only 8 minutes later.

At no point did I see any signage saying I couldn't park here - there were numerous other cars parked in the same place. And surely, if I was still in the car when the first photo was taken someone should've come and told me that I couldn't park there.

Obviously, I want to appeal and I'd be grateful for any help with a template or a successful letter that has worked with this company.......

Many Thanks
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 1st Apr 16, 2:01 PM
    • 8,025 Posts
    • 8,215 Thanks
    pogofish
    Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help please.......I'm sure this has been asked a million times before so apologies!

This morning I received a Parking Charge Notice from Park Direct UK for an alleged 'contravention' at r/o 233 High Street, Uxbridge.

In the PCN they have supplied two photos of my car - one at 19.59 where it is clear that I'm still in the car as both my front and rear lights are on and then a second at 20.07, only 8 minutes later.

At no point did I see any signage saying I couldn't park here - there were numerous other cars parked in the same place. And surely, if I was still in the car when the first photo was taken someone should've come and told me that I couldn't park there.

Obviously, I want to appeal and I'd be grateful for any help with a template or a successful letter that has worked with this company.......

Many Thanks
    Originally posted by Lisa LC
    This is neither a success or failure and this thread is well out of date - Please start by reading the Newbies Sticky and taking it from there in your own thread if needed.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 1st Apr 16, 7:51 PM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 2,978 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    Hi Lisa LC

and welcome to the forum ......

I am not sure how you found us and what you are using to browse ....

(I suspect another google misdirect)

this is a very old thread with lots and lots of old out of date information ...

all so if that is your real name ... it might be wise to change it after you have read through the links above and still want to post for help / info ...

good luck

Ralph

you would be best served by having a read of the newbies thread

this is the forum guide to success ....

when visiting the forum it is best to start at the landing page ...

found below

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc
    • fightbackshaun
    • By fightbackshaun 30th Jul 17, 5:33 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    fightbackshaun
    Received PCN as owner of vehicle after driver parked in car park for train station. Turned out the car park was sneakily split into two sections, one for train station, one owned privately. Sent template letter from here along with receipt from car park. They sent letter two weeks later cancelling PCN. Thanks all! Simple.
    • curleyshirley
    • By curleyshirley 14th Aug 17, 9:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    curleyshirley
    Athena Civil Parking Charge Notice-Cancelled
    I received a Civil Parking Charge Notice from Athena ANPR for a parking incident at Lidl Croydon on Saturday 5th August 2017. As I thought this was really harsh, that they wanted £90 reduced to £45 if I paid within 14 days & that I had been shopping in the Lidl store & queued for ages with only 2 checkouts open on a Saturday. I decided to do some research which lead me to this website. I am so pleased I ended up here. I sent an email to customer services addressing it to the CEO, now Mr Hartnagel. I received an automated reply within about 5 minutes saying that someone would be dealing with it very soon. A couple of hours later I received an email saying "We never intend for our genuine customers to receive a charge. However, this can happen from time to time, for example, if a customer overstays or forgets to enter their registration at the till points. If any of our customers do receive a charge, we would always urge them to appeal to the car parking companies but we are happy to assist also.
    In light of your comments, I have contacted Athena and requested that this charge be cancelled." To be sure this was really the case I course thanked them, but asked if I needed to contact Athena to which they said " I can confirm that you do not need to take any further action. The charge has been fully cancelled. Our previous response, is the confirmation of this. There will be no additional contact from Athena ANPR".
    My advice should you receive one of these is definitely don't pay it & challenge it. Don't bother with Athena go straight to Lidl. [email]customer.services@lidl.co.uk[/email.
    Success!!
    • DocNeel
    • By DocNeel 12th Jan 18, 9:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DocNeel
    I received parking ticket as I parked on a restricted road with poorly visible sign. I was picking up a cake from a shop and was in two minutes. On my return I found a parking ticket and two officers taking pictures of my vehicle. I explained that I was picking a cake and didnít know it was a restricted road. There was a single yellow line but other cars were parked there. They didnít get a ticket and drivers werenít disabled either but one was outside his shop and other outside his home. I was 15 minutes outside the allowed parking hours but was unfamiliar with the area. Officers said there was a free car park in close vicinity but in the dark And rain couldnít see the tiny p sign and where it was leading too. I appealed to Salford council on the basis that signage should be on both sides of the road. The side I entered from after missing a turn to Tesco had no sign. Anyway lost the appeal and the 19.99 cake cost me around 55 as i paid 35 reduced rate.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

228Posts Today

1,886Users online

Martin's Twitter