Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Any jobs that dont require a CRB check
    • 5th Nov 08, 1:05 PM
    Any jobs that dont require a CRB check 5th Nov 08 at 1:05 PM
    I would be grateful if anyone can provide answers to the following questions-

Do most office jobs require a CRB check? (not including banks that apparently do)

Do most jobs with major retailers require a CRB check?

I don't want a job involving working with kids/vulnerable adults etc.

I am asking as I have the chance of redundancy (I've been in same job for 20+ yrs) and would like to take it. I have a police caution for an offence (doesnt involve dishonesty) that I have checked and been told it would definitely show up on a CRB.

I have never told my wife about the offence and really dont want to. I have read if a CRB is done a copy is sent to home address & so there is a good chance she would see it.

I appreciate I would have to lie on my application and risk being sacked if I was found out.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,133Posts Today

6,065Users online

Martin's Twitter