Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    silkyuk9
    I neeD DVLA application form quick (D4 D2)
    • 1st Nov 08, 12:57 PM
    I neeD DVLA application form quick (D4 D2) 1st Nov 08 at 12:57 PM
    Hi there.

A few days ago i rang my nearest DVLA office asking for D4 and D2 forms. one is a medical form and the other is an application form for a HGV licence.

The woman told me she would pop them in the post. anyway they still havent arrived and its now saturday, so i cannot ring again until Monday to chase them up.

Is it possible to download both of the forms, ive had a quick search and found that i can download the medical part but as yet can't find the application part.

This is important i get the application sorted as quick as i can. My nearest DVLA office is over 40 miles away so i cant drive there today as its shut, our local post office does not have the application form i require.

Any help please.
Page 1
    • flutterbyuk25
    • By flutterbyuk25 1st Nov 08, 4:38 PM
    • 6,693 Posts
    • 34,573 Thanks
    flutterbyuk25
    • 1st Nov 08, 4:38 PM
    • 1st Nov 08, 4:38 PM
    The forms usually take 5-7 days to arrive.

If they were downloadable they would be on www.direct.gov.uk but I had a quick search and I don't think they are. Some forms can only be posted out to customers.

x
    100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like, but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.

279 251
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 1st Nov 08, 4:48 PM
    • 5,211 Posts
    • 14,023 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    • 1st Nov 08, 4:48 PM
    • 1st Nov 08, 4:48 PM
    cant you get them from the post office monday morning ?
  • silkyuk9
    • 1st Nov 08, 5:34 PM
    • 1st Nov 08, 5:34 PM
    cant you get them from the post office monday morning ?
    Originally posted by CHRISSYG

im going to try monday morning CHRISSYG, ironically, the forms are also for a CHRISSYG
  • Conor
    • 1st Nov 08, 5:49 PM
    • 1st Nov 08, 5:49 PM
    This is important i get the application sorted as quick as i can. My nearest DVLA office is over 40 miles away so i cant drive there today as its shut, our local post office does not have the application form i require.

Any help please.
    Originally posted by silkyuk9
    You are aware that it's not the same as applying for a car licence? More stringent checks are done and your licence application also goes before a traffic commissioner to make sure you're of sufficiently good standing from a criminal offence and driving history point of view to qualify.

How quickly your licence application gets sent off is more likely to be affected by how soon you can get a medical done by your doctor. They're not urgent so tend to get shoved down the queue.
    • flutterbyuk25
    • By flutterbyuk25 1st Nov 08, 5:50 PM
    • 6,693 Posts
    • 34,573 Thanks
    flutterbyuk25
    • 1st Nov 08, 5:50 PM
    • 1st Nov 08, 5:50 PM
    im going to try monday morning
    Originally posted by silkyuk9
    Just to let you know that some of the forms won't be available at the Post Office at all, or may only be available at the Head Post Office in your area.

I do work for DVLA, but for vehicle side of things (no clue on drivers stuff sorry!), and many of our vehicle forms are not available at a PO.

If you cannot get them then PM me your name and address and I get a fresh batch sent, but not til Weds as I'm off work til then!

x
    100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like, but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.

279 251
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,662Posts Today

6,402Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @niamhirl: @MartinSLewis mine was in the buggy, but had fallen asleep so missed the entire event.

• RT @karendebruyne: @MartinSLewis took son to vote every time from zero to 16 when! Last 2 times he not wanted, but only 6 more months & he?

• Took little MSE with to vote (gd to show the importance young) she was wearing her blue Elsa dress but with a red hair bow for balance

• Follow Martin