Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > I neeD DVLA application form quick (D4 D2) (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
I neeD DVLA application form quick (D4 D2)
Closed Thread
Views: 41,652
# 1
silkyuk9
Old 01-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default I neeD DVLA application form quick (D4 D2)

Hi there.

A few days ago i rang my nearest DVLA office asking for D4 and D2 forms. one is a medical form and the other is an application form for a HGV licence.

The woman told me she would pop them in the post. anyway they still havent arrived and its now saturday, so i cannot ring again until Monday to chase them up.

Is it possible to download both of the forms, ive had a quick search and found that i can download the medical part but as yet can't find the application part.

This is important i get the application sorted as quick as i can. My nearest DVLA office is over 40 miles away so i cant drive there today as its shut, our local post office does not have the application form i require.

Any help please.
# 2
flutterbyuk25
Old 01-11-2008, 4:38 PM

The forms usually take 5-7 days to arrive.

If they were downloadable they would be on www.direct.gov.uk but I had a quick search and I don't think they are. Some forms can only be posted out to customers.

x
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like, but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.

279 264.5
The Following User Says Thank You to flutterbyuk25 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
CHRISSYG
Old 01-11-2008, 4:48 PM

cant you get them from the post office monday morning ?
CHRISTMAS..............work in progress

YORK 2015...............paid
The Following User Says Thank You to CHRISSYG For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
silkyuk9
Old 01-11-2008, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISSYG View Post
cant you get them from the post office monday morning ?

im going to try monday morning CHRISSYG, ironically, the forms are also for a CHRISSYG
# 5
Conor
Old 01-11-2008, 5:49 PM
PPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyuk9 View Post
This is important i get the application sorted as quick as i can. My nearest DVLA office is over 40 miles away so i cant drive there today as its shut, our local post office does not have the application form i require.

Any help please.
You are aware that it's not the same as applying for a car licence? More stringent checks are done and your licence application also goes before a traffic commissioner to make sure you're of sufficiently good standing from a criminal offence and driving history point of view to qualify.

How quickly your licence application gets sent off is more likely to be affected by how soon you can get a medical done by your doctor. They're not urgent so tend to get shoved down the queue.
# 6
flutterbyuk25
Old 01-11-2008, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyuk9 View Post
im going to try monday morning
Just to let you know that some of the forms won't be available at the Post Office at all, or may only be available at the Head Post Office in your area.

I do work for DVLA, but for vehicle side of things (no clue on drivers stuff sorry!), and many of our vehicle forms are not available at a PO.

If you cannot get them then PM me your name and address and I get a fresh batch sent, but not til Weds as I'm off work til then!

x
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like, but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.

279 264.5
Closed Thread