Confusion over o2 rollover free minutes

sya220
sya220 Posts: 106 Forumite
I have been with o2 x network 200 Anytime for almost 3 months. Previously when I emailed to ask how the unused allowance worked. This was their reply:

Example for rollover minutes - Your tariff O2 200 has 200 free minutes per month.

First Month: By the end of the month, if you have used 100 minutes out of the total allowance of 200 minutes, the rollover for the first month is 100 minutes.

Second Month: 200 new minutes + 100 rollover minutes from first month = 300 minutes. By the end of the month you use only 50 minutes. This comes out of the first month rollover, as rollover minutes are used first, so the rollover minutes are 200 minutes for second month and 50 minutes for first month.

Third Month: 200 new minutes + 200 rollover minutes from the second month + 50 rollover minutes from the first month = 450 minutes. By the end of the month, if you use only 30 minutes, it comes out of the first month rollover of 50 minutes and you lose the remaining 20 rollover minutes from first month. In other words the 20 remaining minutes of first month cannot be rolled over to the fourth month.

Fourth Month: 200 new minutes + 250 rollover minutes from second month + 200 rollover minutes from third month = 650 minutes.

However today when I phoned CS asking the balance of minutes used so far. (I knew I had loads left each month because I was using the bonus free minutes first). The man told me all the Month 1, Month 2 and Month 3 allowance have to be used by the end of Month 3. From month 4 the rollover system will start all over again for that quarter only.

Is that true? I am confused. This sounds so unfair. I emailed o2 to clarify, they have not replied me yet. Can anybody help? Thank you.

Comments

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,921
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I posted a thread on this - try searching, but basically at the end of month 3 they decide that actually you use the normal minutes first then the bonus minutes and that these do not roll over - even though their online system clearly shows that it is the other way arround...
    I think....
  • sya220
    sya220 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Thank you Michaels.
    So who am I to believe? My other concern is why the rollover minutes are within every 3 months only system rather than normal 'move-forward' sequence. o2 still has not replied me yet. I guess they are just as confused as I am. Do you think I can quote their first online esample to dispute?
  • How do you check how many mins you have left online of you are a "offline" customer?
  • If you ring customer services they will send you an email with login details and you can view your bill online, including remaining inclusive minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure