Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Trollydolly
    • By Trollydolly 25th Oct 08, 6:40 PM
    • 406Posts
    • 200Thanks
    Trollydolly
    Electronic Cigarette
    • 25th Oct 08, 6:40 PM
    Electronic Cigarette 25th Oct 08 at 6:40 PM
    Just wondered if anyone had tried one of these or has any ideas the best one to get value for money wise.

Please dont tell me to just give up I dont want to. Im just after opinions on the actual device.

A review of which is here.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-566351/The-electric-cigarette-gives-nicotine-hit-gets-round-smoking-ban.html

Page 82
    • lottie3000
    • By lottie3000 17th Oct 13, 9:38 AM
    • 443 Posts
    • 1,872 Thanks
    lottie3000
    Thanks for the replies, I still can't get it to work. It was quite a cheap one and it's got wire wrapped around the wick, I wonder if it's something to do with where that is?
    • karmacookie
    • By karmacookie 17th Oct 13, 3:28 PM
    • 568 Posts
    • 1,244 Thanks
    karmacookie
    Why don't you join one of the e-cig forums lottie ? always someone willing to try to help

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/
  • skintandscared
    Noted! Any other non-sweet flavours that you enjoy?
    Originally posted by Itsgottabedone
    Looking at the ones I've got on the go at the moment, it's mostly liquorice, peppermint, menthol, lemon and one called Jester Juice which is like "refreshers" sweets. So it is sweet I suppose, but it's got a sort of a sour fizzy taste as well? Hard to describe! Oh and I do love pear drops! Do you like fruity ones? I've heard that tangerine is a lovely one. Oh, and LT e-cigs do a lovely one called BLM which is blackcurrant, liquorice and menthol.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread member 244
    Quit smoking 13/05/2013
    Joined Slimming World 02/12/13. Loss so far = 60lb in 28 weeks 18lb to go
  • NICKTONE
    first time hearing about electric cigarette it is amazing technique.
    • Isaac-the-red
    • By Isaac-the-red 19th Oct 13, 10:13 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    Isaac-the-red
    Thanks for the replies, I still can't get it to work. It was quite a cheap one and it's got wire wrapped around the wick, I wonder if it's something to do with where that is?
    Originally posted by lottie3000
    Lottie, as karmacookie says if you, or anyone else, needs more help with e-cigs, come & join http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/ it's a completely unaffiliated forum & our main aim is to help everyone to find an e-cig that suits them at the best price & from a reputable vendor that legally complies with Distance Selling Regulations etc.
    • katsu
    • By katsu 20th Oct 13, 5:27 PM
    • 4,373 Posts
    • 13,696 Thanks
    katsu
    10 motives discount code
    Got an email today with a 10% off code for first orders from the 10 motives website: TESCO10. No mention of an expiry date in the email.
    Debt at highest - £8k Debt Free 31/12/2009 (six years and counting )
    OP savings pot: £690.06.
    Total OPs since 2010: £2,128.50. Original MFD: May 2036 Current MFD: 1 August 2034
  • mazza111
    I've tried the ecigs that look like cigarettes in the past, and tbh I burned them out too quickly.

Have just bought a couple of cheap EGOs from ebay, and so far so good.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Home Bargains have some cheap ejuice in stock at £1.99 for 10ml/18mg. The blueberry is quite nice as is the menthol, although it's more like a stick of rock than menthol, but both very refreshing flavours. Before this one I was stuck on tobacco ones, so happy to be having a change. Aniseed one is totally addictive though
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter
  • electroniccigreview
    i have tried loads of ecigs and i just love the idea and it shows how great the world is becoming and how technology is improving, from 40 cigarettes a day to none woop woop!
  • mazza111
    i have tried loads of ecigs and i just love the idea and it shows how great the world is becoming and how technology is improving, from 40 cigarettes a day to none woop woop!
    Originally posted by electroniccigreview

Well done you, you're giving me hope for myself. I too am a heavy smoker, and rather pleased with how well I'm doing too. Day 11

Wish I hadn't wasted money on those cheaper ecigs though, these ones are ace
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter
  • skintandscared
    Well done you, you're giving me hope for myself. I too am a heavy smoker, and rather pleased with how well I'm doing too. Day 11

Wish I hadn't wasted money on those cheaper ecigs though, these ones are ace
    Originally posted by mazza111
    Everyone I know who uses e-cigs has said the same thing about the rubbish look-a-likes, but the way I see it is that those rubbish things have given us a hint of what is possible and intrigued us enough to search out something better, so I'm thankful for them even though they were useless
    Quit smoking 13/05/2013
  • theforumking
    Just quit smoking all together - i know its tough, took me a year...

But, not having that demand in my head, smell in my clothes and breath & extra cash in my pocket is fantastic

good luck
  • skintandscared

But, not having that demand in my head, smell in my clothes and breath & extra cash in my pocket is fantastic

good luck
    Originally posted by theforumking
    Works for some, if you're in the right frame of mind. Well done you for doing it. Doesn't work for others, sadly. I've recommended e-cigs to about 8 people altogether and ALL have successfully quit the stinkies with e-cigs. E-cigs aren't harmful. They're nothing to be ashamed of. And we still get all the benefits you mention. My vaping habit now costs me about £20 a month instead of over £220 and is no more harmful to me than a cup of coffee. What's wrong with people using an alternative?

And it took precisely 3 weeks after discovering e-cigs to quit the stinkies completely. Which probably works out a tad cheaper than taking a year to do it....?
    Last edited by skintandscared; 31-10-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    Quit smoking 13/05/2013
    • Farzackerly
    • By Farzackerly 1st Nov 13, 12:08 AM
    • 238 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Farzackerly

good luck
    Originally posted by theforumking
    Good for you. Really; well done.
    • Farzackerly
    • By Farzackerly 2nd Nov 13, 12:57 AM
    • 238 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Farzackerly
    I wonder if anyone makes Spam-flavoured e-liquid, yet?
    • Isaac-the-red
    • By Isaac-the-red 2nd Nov 13, 9:08 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    Isaac-the-red
    I wonder if anyone makes Spam-flavoured e-liquid, yet?
    Originally posted by Farzackerly

ROFL

I bet the last couple of spammers do
    • speedfreek1000
    • By speedfreek1000 6th Nov 13, 12:16 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    speedfreek1000
    I've been using a Kanger Pro Tank 2 for the past week.

I'm unsure if life can get any better. It's brilliant

Although having just seen the duel coiled Pro Tank 3 on MyEPack..... I'm spending too much on this now

Got some 2 & 1 mm silica and 1 mm Ekowool winging it's way to me as well.

Can anybody recommend any small EGO batteries? Talking length wise here so don't mind if they're a bit chunky. AAEC says there's 400 mah batteries but I can't find any. For out n about with my EVODs.
    • johnstrowsmith
    • By johnstrowsmith 9th Nov 13, 9:53 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    johnstrowsmith
    ecigs are the way forward
    Hi,

I smoked for 20 odd years and never thought i'd be able to quit, found it really easy using ecigs. Admittedly for me the push came from losing a relative to lung cancer, was a really horrible way to go and i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

If your considering quitting the definitely ecigs are the way forward.
    http://www.ecigaretteliquids.org.uk/
    John
  • Habbakuk
    Smoking E-Cigarettes
    I'm not a heave smoker. In fact, I don't smoke on most days but when I decide to have a few beers, I very much enjoy a few smokes. I've read that some people who were once heave smokers have been able to stop smoking 'proper' cigarettes and instead smoke electronic cigarettes. I would like to try it out myself and hopefully, the next day I won't have a tight chest and much coughing. Has anybody on here tried them? I understand a decent 'set-up' will cost you as much as £50. I'm looking for advice on what to purchase and the cost and cost of re-filling etc. Thank you.
  • Habbakuk
    I'm not getting much of a response on here. :-(
  • ankspon
    I use e-cigs and have not had a real cig for over a year now.I am a member of a site called AAEC,(all about electronic cigarettes.You will find all the info you need including what to buy and where to buy.It will not cost you £50 for a starter kit,you can buy a decent battery and tank for about £9.If you need any more info i will be pleased to help you start up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

230Posts Today

2,098Users online

Martin's Twitter