Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
  • claire.cmd
    Beware of Atlas car hire/erentals!
    Well I would say you get what you pay for!
    I had one car hire with enterprise car hire via Atlas choice which was fine then 3 weeks later after my vacation I had another with Alamo via atlas but when i tuned up at the airport i apparently failed an address check even though I have no adverse credit ad have owned my home for 6 years, I offered to have my bank fax a statement but they would not accept it and just told me to call atlas.

I called atlas choice and the Customer service advisor displayed a very rude unhelpful and uncompassionate attitude, no manager or supervisor there for me to speak to nor did the advisor take my details and offer the manager call me when he becomes available, they could not transfer the booking to enterprise (as they would hire me a car) nor would they cancel my car hire with Alamo, so there I was with a 1year old, 9 year old 3 cases and a car seat stranded at the airport!

Thus my car hire for 11 days has in total cost me...
    £163.55 Paid to eRentals/atlas for original hire
    £92.56 Paid to Enterprise to get myself and daughters home
    £180.52 Paid to Enterprise for the remainder of the hire period
    A total of £463.63 compared to the original quote of £163.55!!

I am still battling for a refund of the original payment but after almost a month and a few nice and not so nice emails it doesn't look very good!
    So no I would NEVER use Alamo car hire which is also erentals car hire again
  • claire.cmd
    Beware atlas choice/erentals car hire
    Well I would say you get what you pay for!
    I had one car hire with enterprise car hire via Atlas choice which was fine then 3 weeks later after my vacation I had another with Alamo via atlas but when i tuned up at the airport i apparently failed an address check even though I have no adverse credit ad have owned my home for 6 years, I offered to have my bank fax a statement but they would not accept it and just told me to call atlas.

I called atlas choice and the Customer service advisor displayed a very rude unhelpful and uncompassionate attitude, no manager or supervisor there for me to speak to nor did the advisor take my details and offer the manager call me when he becomes available, they could not transfer the booking to enterprise (as they would hire me a car) nor would they cancel my car hire with Alamo, so there I was with a 1year old, 9 year old 3 cases and a car seat stranded at the airport!

Thus my car hire for 11 days has in total cost me...
    £163.55 Paid to eRentals/atlas for original hire
    £92.56 Paid to Enterprise to get myself and daughters home
    £180.52 Paid to Enterprise for the remainder of the hire period
    A total of £463.63 compared to the original quote of £163.55!!

I am still battling for a refund of the original payment but after almost a month and a few nice and not so nice emails it doesn't look very good!
    So no I would NEVER use Atlas car hire which is also erentals car hire again!
  • Kazbar10
    I have used Atlas Choice for two car hire bookings, and one hotel. No problems at all.
    Originally posted by dmg24

I would never use this company again...I thought I was getting a good deal but when I arrived in France to pick the car up the car was an ex rental car as were all of them, the service we received from the company was 0 and then on top of all that they over charged us on our credit card and have still not received the money back.
    Atlas choice are supposed to help you liaise with the overseas agent but they have done nothing to help me.

Pay to use one of the top 5 rental companies !!
  • loveablebuilder
    be very careful with this car hire firm, I just cancel my booking because of hidden charges & customers service is rubbish, not very helpful & all they want is your money, website is a mess & the my booking section 'is a joke, now they are charging me for there poor advice, the company is a joke
  • nancyboylebike
    Seriously conned by Atlas Choice
    Well, I have been well and truly stung by Atlas Choice and Erentals.co.uk. But perhaps they are one and the same. Call me simple but I don't understand why in an email from Erentals I am given a number which gets me through to Atlas Choice. But when I ask about Erentals I am told that ATlas Choice has no connection with Erentals. So, trying to get my problem resolved is impossible. I have now given up trying and have lost £25 as a result. It must be nice for companies to earn £25 for providing no car hire and for delivering dreadful customer care.
  • nancyboylebike
    Atlas Choice car hire review terrible.
    Thanks to Erental.co.uk and Atlas Choice I am down £25. The booking was made via Erentals.co.uk but their website was playing up. When I tried to resolve the problem and phoned the number I was given I got through to Atlas Choice who denied all knowledge of Erentals. Where does one go from there? Just be advised, do not use either of these companies.
  • loveablebuilder
    if you paid by credit card, phone them, they should get your money back, I have just told my credit card company what has happen & they have said they will deal with it & hope that atlaschoice will pay up, I would think they would want to keep good relations with credit card companies as most people would paid by credit cards, they have taken £40 out of my account after I gave them card details , which I would say was stealing, credit card companies would not let them get away with that, would they ????????????
  • none0001
    Avoid dealing with Atlaschoice
    Atlaschoice is a rental company that cannot be trusted. The company does not make necessary checks on their partner companies and does not care for the customers leaving them stranded when problems arise.
    The company ruined my recent holiday as they never held up to their part of the contract and did not deliver car rental booked a month in advance. Conveniently, customer service office is not open till 9am (UK time) which means that you are left waiting without a solution to your problem.
    Once I finally got connected with an operator, they offered no solution to the issue of the missing car, and additionally, I was informed that "I might be able to get a refund, if I write to them". That happened after the operator already failed himself to establish contact with their rental partner. I was left high and dry with no car, no money and now hours late.
    It was only down to very helpful locals who make an utmost effort in organising another car for us. Hours late by then, and even more money out of the pocket, we finally got another car. My birthday holiday was ruined for definite as we could no longer proceed with our plans.
    Refund and compensation for all inconvenience, including all additional rental costs, should be the least to be expected.
    This is by far the worst company I have ever had dealings with and I will never use it again.
    I would also advice everyone to be very cautious about making any deals with them. You will be better off using other agents with competitive prices.
  • ChukkleOdeon
    Just to add our experience using Atlas Choice - we used them to hire a car for four days in the UK, price was good and, since they're a broker, the car was supplied by Budget.

However upon returning the vehicle, Budget informed us that they needed to charge us an extra £6.29 as the 'voucher' supplied by Atlas hadn't covered the cost of the car hire or Atlas had paid them the full cost; they advised me to take it up with Atlas.

Which I did... and it was refunded to me two weeks after raising a ticket in the Atlas support centre, with constant chasing. During that period, a paper invoice came through the post from Budget and the £6.29 was for a "Road Fund Licence", which included VAT.

Not a massive amount of money to be sure but we weren't made aware of this nor did any of the confirmation emails from Atlas, make any mention of it when the booking was initially made.

It seemed primarily to me to be a matter between Atlas and Budget but I also felt fobbed off by Atlas and that they only refunded me due to constant chasing.
    • teralin
    • By teralin 14th May 15, 10:15 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    teralin
    Just my own experience of Atlas Choice. I have rented cars through them to pick up at East Midlands Airport. I book online, the voucher is emailed within minutes and the company that they use at the airport offers good quality vehicle and the staff are friendly too.

I have never had an issue that needed to be resolved so can't comment on quality of Atlas customer service.
    • Ilcanegrandeblu
    • By Ilcanegrandeblu 18th Sep 15, 9:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ilcanegrandeblu
    Booked a car through atlas choice with travel rent.
    Travel rent are difficult to find working from a cabin the car park.
    Atlas choice take your money before you land
    Travel rent then add 50% on top inventing some local charges, this they demand in cash making it difficult to get back through your credit card company
    There is a supposed customer service route, but your complaint will not be investigated, run a search this company are infamous for this kind of robbery, (wish i had before using them)
    All travellers avoid atlas choice in every city
    • tokyotaxi
    • By tokyotaxi 11th Oct 15, 2:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tokyotaxi
    I have just ended up on the Atlaschoice website from moneysupermarket.com which I believe moneysavingexpert.com is now part of? Having seen the 100s of bad reports about Atlaschoice online I am worries to book with them - how can moneysupermarket.com be recommending them??? Any comments from moneysavingexpert.com much appreciated.
    • Boquerone
    • By Boquerone 4th Feb 16, 9:56 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Boquerone
    The Pits!!!
    I currently have a saga running with this company dating back to a car rental I reserved through them in october last year. I arrived at the airport and went to the car rental office of Green Motion. All went well until they put my credit card into their machine and I notice the sum of 1,295 euros. When i queried this they said it was the Excess Insurance. I had a third party insurance document with me with cover up to 4,000 pounds but this was not acceptable as any damage had to be paid first to green Motion and claimed from the third party insurance later.
    I did not have that amount on my credit card and had assumed that my liability would be 400 pounds under pre-authorisation paying in advance with my credit card. NO!!! Stuck I was offered offered other insurance of 10 pounds a day to reduce the Excess which was going to cost me another 60 euros. Reluctantly I accepted (the lady next to me was having the exact same problem and did,nt know about the high excess charge!!! so not an uncommon problem) but then had a problem as my credit card denied my pin number. I offered to pay cash NO!!! Terms and Conditions!!! I was left without a car and had a three hour journey to my destination by bus,train and taxi.
    When I got back from my visit I complained by e mail to Green Motion who stated the car was there for me and I did not take it. A further e mail brought a similar response and "different companies have different T&Cs which also differ from ours".
    I then complained to Atlas Choice via e mail and was quoted Terms and Conditions...we are only the broker.However we apologise for any inconvenience and as a valued customer we are offering you a discount on your next hire.
    I complained to the Green Motion Chairman and received no reply. A phone call five weeks later and a promise from his secretary and she would sort the problem and someone would phone me.NO phone call.
    I then took my case to the BVLRC who regulate car rental business in the UK.
    Their answer was that green Motion received no money (although they could hire the car again) and therefore my complaint is with Atlas Choice.

I should point out that I have hired cars many times and have never been asked to verify I had enough on my credit card to cover the Excess.

An e mail to them informing them of the BVLRC decision brought the response the car was there for you you declined it therefore no refund.
    My response to them is that pre-authorisation is confusing and nowhere is it explained how you can apply for that. Also different T&Cs is very confusing and time consuming reading them all and finally as I am a valued client there should be no problem granting me a refund.
    Should I receive another negative response I shall consider taking legal advice to pursue my complaint.

We shall see. I will keep you posted as to the final result but meantime anyone thinking of hiring a car...AVOID ATLAS CHOICE!!!
    • lovotabrick
    • By lovotabrick 7th Mar 16, 1:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lovotabrick
    Book with Atlanticchoice
    i Have Booked my car with Atlanticchice on 20th sep 2015 at Birmingham airport for two weeks i found cheapest fair as comparing with every car hire company, smooth booking process, complete secure transaction and even you can amend or cancel your booking schedule any time without additional charges. I had plan to pick up car on 20th sep from Birmingham Airport but i changed my plane twice without paying anything. They did not charge me nothing for amendment or even they don't charge for cancellation. I am using their services since than i will highly recommend you to book your cars with #Atlanticchoice.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 7th Mar 16, 4:32 PM
    • 6,236 Posts
    • 6,136 Thanks
    pogofish
    Spot the stooge..!
    • Boquerone
    • By Boquerone 8th Mar 16, 11:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Boquerone
    Update
    Further to my post on here of 4th February.

I wrote to the Chairman of the Company at their HQ in Ealing. My letter,sent registered, was received on the 23rd of February.

Now the 9th of March ...nothing heard!!!

Maybe I should,nt expect a reply so "soon" so I will give them another week to respond. In reality I don,t think they will then I will have to decide whether it is worthwhile taking legal advice.

I will update you again.

For people unsure of Atlas Choice...Do NOT touch them with the proverbial barge pole!!!!
    • _Geordie_
    • By _Geordie_ 26th Sep 16, 11:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    _Geordie_
    Do not use, do not use, do not use
    Left Stranded in Italy by their incompetence

DO NOT BOOK WITH THESE, THEIR INCOMPETENCE LEFT MY FAMILY STRANDED IN ITALY

Good price for a luxury car (Audi Estate) through these. Arrived at airport and asked for 2 credit cards by Locauto.
    Atlas choice documents only state I needed one.
    Luckily I had a 2nd, only to be told by Locauto that the 2nd had to be an "American Express"
    NOWHERE ON ANY PAPERWORK DID THIS APPEAR
    After contacting Atlaschoice from the airport they agreed that it was their fault. They couldn't do anything then so they cancelled my booking, told me to book another car elsewhere and promised a full refund on return from holiday. (Looking back, they just wanted me off the phone).

7 WEEKS NOW AND THEY HAVE TOLD ME THEY ARE NOT HONOURING THAT AND ARE NOT REFUNDING.

They are scam artists and untrustworthy.
    I hope they lose as much business through this, (and other reviews i will be posting), that I have lost through their unprofessional incompetent behaviour.

BEWARE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
    Just look on Facebook and twitter at the number of complaints they are getting. i wish i had.

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
    • MINERVAUK
    • By MINERVAUK 12th Oct 16, 11:54 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MINERVAUK
    Atlaschoice is a scam
    We were on the continent with BA flight booked back to London Heathrow so arranged a week long car hire through Atlaschoice. Through no fault of our own, BA cancelled the flight, leaving us to find our own way to the UK!!! Train, taxi bus, tube, bus and we arrived at the agent for AtlasChoice. They had cancelled our booking without any notice to us and are still charging us for the complete car hire. First, they made our booking for 1200 on the day when our flight, had it happened, wouldn't arrive until 1600. THEN they offered us *another car* to the tune of TEN TIMES THE AMOUNT. The agent assured us that Atlaschoice had 24 hour help. NO!!!!! They have charged us for services that they did not provide and I think this is illegal. Please advise us of any recourse. The amount was a substantial sum -- for nothing!!!!! .
    • MINERVAUK
    • By MINERVAUK 12th Oct 16, 11:56 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MINERVAUK
    Atlaschoice is a scam
    You were just lucky. Read our post!!!
    • safesound
    • By safesound 12th Oct 16, 6:45 PM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    safesound
    Is it possible you have them your flight number, and when it was cancelled they cancelled the car hire too?
    I have to be honest and say I've used AtlasChoice lots of times in various Greek islands and never had a problem, but then I've never had a problem so I can't say what their customer service is like.
    I've used them again for my trip to Spain this weekend, so I hope it goes as well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,783Posts Today

7,301Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin