Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    azzaelectro
    I need help opening A Bank Account without Proof of Address?
    • 14th Oct 08, 7:21 PM
    I need help opening A Bank Account without Proof of Address? 14th Oct 08 at 7:21 PM
    Hello,

I'm just wondering if anybody knows anyway around opening a bank account without proof of address?

I've always been paid cash in hand since the age of 16...so never needed the use of a bank account. My employer is now in the next few weeks going to be paying our wages directly into bank accounts...but I don't have one!

I tried to open one up with Natwest but they rejected me because I don't have proof of address. The women said any bank you go to will want proof of address.

I rent a room in a house which inc all bills, so I don't have any untily bills etc

The only docs I have is my Passport, NI Card and my Birth Certificate.

The only think I can think of, is that a friend offered to open a bank account in his name and I can use that? Would that work? I trust him with my life, I've known him since I was 2 years old, So I don't think he's gonna do me over for a few quid!

The Alsum Seekers and Polish seem to get away with it so there must be a way!

Any help would be greatly appreachiated,

Thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,594Posts Today

7,029Users online

Martin's Twitter