Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    jonuk7
    JSA/Hardship Payments C*** UP any idea's?
    • 14th Oct 08, 8:26 AM
    JSA/Hardship Payments C*** UP any idea's? 14th Oct 08 at 8:26 AM
    Basically i lost my job back in June and have been claiming JSA since, i then had that temporary stopped while they "Confirmed" the reasons for losing my last job and was put (After claiming) onto Hardship payments, i had a payment 2weeks ago of 27 and was told i go into the Jobcentre as normal every 2 weeks but instead of JSA payments every 2 weeks it would be hardship payments every 2 weeks,

Ok so i carried on went to the Jobcentre last week as normal checked with the girl i saw and she said yea Tuesday is the normal day. Got up today and guess what NO payments into my account. I cant ring anybody untill 9am suprise suprise. Now my Jobcentre have stopped doing Giros as of 8th September but my problem is my electric is a Pre payment metre and currently stands at 83pence so will run out within the next hour or so as i have the washer etc on my question is what am i supposed to do? can they get a payment to me today?

i know they can if my account was HSBC but it isnt its Royal Bank of Scotland. The jobcentre is 9 miles away and as silly as it sounds i have no money even for the 3 bus fare to get their.

Has anybody else had anything like this and how did they cope, this last week everything is just going wrong im so depressed i cant find a job i just keep getting "oh your a bit qualified for our role i dont think its for you goodbye" its amazing the amount of jobs ive had refused to me as im too "Qualified" for them.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

67Posts Today

3,367Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin