Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Barcode
    • By Barcode 3rd Dec 05, 12:53 PM
    • 4,400Posts
    • 9,042Thanks
    Barcode
    Mysterious Payment from DWP
    • 3rd Dec 05, 12:53 PM
    Mysterious Payment from DWP 3rd Dec 05 at 12:53 PM
    Just checked my on-line banking like I do every day, and a payment of ten pounds has been paid in from the DWP which just says "DWP XB BGC." I have absolutely no idea what this is, no letter etc. I already receive Incapacity Benefit, and that was paid in yesterday, so it's not that.

Any ideas?
    'We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. '
    -- T. S. Eliot
Page 1
  • scruffy
    • 3rd Dec 05, 1:02 PM
    • 3rd Dec 05, 1:02 PM
    I'm not entirely sure but it could be the annual Christmas bonus paid around this time of year. I know I received it last year & I am on IB too.
    Love to save & love a bargain
    • mandi moles
    • By mandi moles 3rd Dec 05, 1:09 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    mandi moles
    • 3rd Dec 05, 1:09 PM
    • 3rd Dec 05, 1:09 PM
    Yes, its your £10 Xmas bonus !! Spend it wisely and not all at once
    If you want to get ahead in the Rat Race then you will need some faster Rats !! :rolleyes:
    • brodev
    • By brodev 3rd Dec 05, 1:10 PM
    • 992 Posts
    • 865 Thanks
    brodev
    • 3rd Dec 05, 1:10 PM
    • 3rd Dec 05, 1:10 PM
    I got my £10 as well. I agree that it is Xmas bonus
    Something Really Interesting
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    • 3rd Dec 05, 1:51 PM
    • 3rd Dec 05, 1:51 PM
    Hi

We had our £10 Xmas bonus too Didnt even know you got one.

PP
    x
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!

FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
    • newmum1
    • By newmum1 3rd Dec 05, 8:10 PM
    • 1,291 Posts
    • 5,620 Thanks
    newmum1
    • 3rd Dec 05, 8:10 PM
    • 3rd Dec 05, 8:10 PM
    could it be a cold winter payment???
    LBM (again):£4909.03,
    Present :£4329.92
    • vastsarah
    • By vastsarah 3rd Dec 05, 8:23 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 1,288 Thanks
    vastsarah
    • 3rd Dec 05, 8:23 PM
    • 3rd Dec 05, 8:23 PM
    i had mine as well for son aged 11 ,dont know what to spend it on though?
    Loving Life,Family,Work
    and my greats love is the Grandchildren xx
  • camper
    • 9th Dec 05, 11:50 PM
    • 9th Dec 05, 11:50 PM
    son aged 11?

should only be for families with children under 5, unless you on IB?
  • MyUserNamesTaken
    • 9th Dec 05, 11:53 PM
    • 9th Dec 05, 11:53 PM
    son aged 11?

should only be for families with children under 5, unless you on IB?
    by camper

I think you'll find the poster's son is getting DLA, hence the payment being for him.
  • KizzyK
    Hehe got mine too - now, what can I get for £10?

**hops over to shop dont drop page**
  • anguk
    Now don't all be jealous but we've had 2 lots this week, hubby got his incapacity £10 on Wednesday and I got an extra £10 on my carers allowance so we're feeling rather rich

Funnily enough we were just talking about this last week, we were trying to work out how long they've been paying the £10 bonus, I'm sure my mother-in-law was getting it about 15 years ago, whatever happened to inflation?
    • CIS
    • By CIS 10th Dec 05, 9:29 AM
    • 9,236 Posts
    • 5,226 Thanks
    CIS
    AFAIK cristmas bonus has just about been on from the start, in one form of the other.

If you think thats tight, have a look at age addition for people who reach 80, 25p a week since 1971 , its also included as income in means tested benefits like pension credit
  • dizzydoris
    yes it is the xmas bonus but any idea what the BGC means please?
  • dugdale
    Bank Giro Credit
  • PipsoG
    This thread was started - 3rd December 2005! I would think by now that the OP will have realised that the payment was the Christmas Bonus and also what the initials BGC means by now!
  • rovernut
    Dwp xb
    I've got one and am not receiving disability so it must be for being a pensioner or receiving heating allowance.

Don't know where they find all this extra money in these hard times!

Ooops! just seen how old this thread is.
    Last edited by rovernut; 08-12-2010 at 9:47 AM.
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 8th Dec 10, 11:09 AM
    • 27,394 Posts
    • 50,082 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    I have got £10 Christmas Bonus (State Pensioner) and so has husband (Incapacity Benefit).

Actually tbh I think that is one of the cuts the Coalition SHOULD make, what a waste of money.
    To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and to sing it to them when they have forgotten it
    'I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it': C.S. Lewis
    St. Augustine ó 'In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity.'
    • amibovvered
    • By amibovvered 8th Dec 10, 9:15 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    amibovvered
    Well I was looking to see if carers allowance had increased - as that is the only benefit I get and it's £10 more than I expected this month - but it sounds like I get the £10 bonus as well? Didn't know that!

Happy Christmas everyone!
    • amibovvered
    • By amibovvered 8th Dec 10, 9:18 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    amibovvered
    Funnily enough we were just talking about this last week, we were trying to work out how long they've been paying the £10 bonus, I'm sure my mother-in-law was getting it about 15 years ago, whatever happened to inflation?
    Originally posted by anguk
    There is a little known rule that only the money you have to pay out is affected by inflation. The money you receive is calculated retrospectively against MP expenses and mysteriously remains the same.
    • Lou76
    • By Lou76 9th Dec 10, 12:53 AM
    • 375 Posts
    • 534 Thanks
    Lou76
    Well I was looking to see if carers allowance had increased - as that is the only benefit I get and it's £10 more than I expected this month - but it sounds like I get the £10 bonus as well? Didn't know that!

Happy Christmas everyone!
    Originally posted by amibovvered
    It sounds as though that £10 extra in your CA is your "Christmas Bonus". Don't get too exited just yet.

My £10 is usually paid along with my DLA, therefore making it £10 extra that month, however, last week the £10 was paid on its own, and DLA isn't due until the 21st.

No idea why its changed this year, but there must be a reason for it...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,234Posts Today

6,480Users online

Martin's Twitter