Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 7th Oct 08, 2:00 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    0 WOW
    Section 75 refunds - article discussion
    • 7th Oct 08, 2:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Section 75 refunds - article discussion 7th Oct 08 at 2:00 PM

This discussion relates to the Section 75 refunds article

Click reply to discuss.
    Last edited by MSE Archna; 10-06-2010 at 4:41 PM.
Page 66
    • shoi
    • By shoi 10th Oct 17, 11:38 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    shoi
    Section 75 is a last resort, you need to communicate with booking.com in the first place, and keep lots of records. Photos. contact details of other guests. Newspaper stories possibly.

Contact booking.com, and lay it on thick and make sure you have copies of you said they said
    • delta13
    • By delta13 12th Oct 17, 11:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    delta13
    section 75 mobile phone faulty
    Hi,
    I recently bought a Google Pixel mobile phone outright on my credit card. Today the screen went black and it has failed to switch on, charge or do anything, despite my best efforts and the efforts of a Google representative via twitter.
    I bought the phone from Mobiles.co.uk, a company under the Carphone Warehouse umbrella. As the fault developed after 30 days, they will not exchange or refund but their website says I can go to any Carphone Warehouse store for it to be fixed as part of a retailer 12 month warranty.

My problem now is that the Google Pixel isn't listed as one of the handsets they'll be able to repair in store.
    Do you think I will be able to claim via Section 75? The seller can't help me it seems and unless Google can exchange as part of their warranty it I'm stuck with an expensive dud
    • bakerbird
    • By bakerbird 13th Oct 17, 6:29 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bakerbird
    Can anyone please advise?r
    My mother/father in law recently brought a flight to the Isles of Scilly and a hotel on the island (via Booking.com) with their credit card.

After waiting for several hours at Exeter airport they were told the flights were cancelled due to bad weather.

The flight company are refunding their flights but the hotel cost £1000 and they think they won't get their money back.

They were not insured - my FIL has terminal cancer which means any insurance would be very, very expensive.

I am asking if anyone knows if their hotel can be claimed back under Section 75?

My FIL has asked if I can find out for him and time is if the essence.

I appreciate any help.
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 13th Oct 17, 7:40 PM
    • 1,471 Posts
    • 3,073 Thanks
    IAmWales
    My mother/father in law recently brought a flight to the Isles of Scilly and a hotel on the island (via Booking.com) with their credit card.

After waiting for several hours at Exeter airport they were told the flights were cancelled due to bad weather.

The flight company are refunding their flights but the hotel cost £1000 and they think they won't get their money back.

They were not insured - my FIL has terminal cancer which means any insurance would be very, very expensive.

I am asking if anyone knows if their hotel can be claimed back under Section 75?

My FIL has asked if I can find out for him and time is if the essence.

I appreciate any help.
    Originally posted by bakerbird
    Not unless it was bought as part of a package.

For future reference, you can exclude specified conditions when taking out insurance.

Sorry
    • bradders1983
    • By bradders1983 16th Oct 17, 2:51 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    bradders1983
    Why didnt they just fly the next day on another flight?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,550Posts Today

7,567Users online

Martin's Twitter