Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 7th Oct 08, 2:00 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    0 WOW
    Section 75 refunds - article discussion
    • 7th Oct 08, 2:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Section 75 refunds - article discussion 7th Oct 08 at 2:00 PM

This discussion relates to the Section 75 refunds article

Click reply to discuss.
    Last edited by MSE Archna; 10-06-2010 at 4:41 PM.
Page 65
    • laststraw
    • By laststraw 18th Aug 17, 10:36 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    laststraw
    ANY part of the purchase paid by CC gives total S75 protection for the WHOLE of the transaction, it makes no difference to the order of payment.

See MSE.

Originally posted by derrick
    Ah - thank you, now I understand.I read the info in the link you provided before I posted but the info only relates to the paying full amount or a deposit or even part of a deposit on a CC and nothing about later instalments if you have already paid a deposit by other means and didn't use a CC in the first place.
    Last edited by laststraw; 18-08-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    • fresia
    • By fresia 22nd Aug 17, 9:17 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    fresia
    Avis Car Hire Fiasco
    We booked a group Z car with Avis for collection at Orlando Sanford airport, paying £811, and when we got there, they told us they didn't have a group Z and could only offer a minivan.

We complained and out of nowhere they found a group Z, but it was dirty and damaged to the outside, it'd clearly been in a crash and fixed with a bit of mastic.

Anyway, they told us to ring the next day to get a replacement. In the end it took several calls and 3 days out of 14 to get sorted with a decent car, and a trip wasted trip to Cleremont and then another to MCO.

The stress and upset aggravated a pre-existing health condition, and I took seriously ill a few days later.

I complained to Avis when I got home and I got no reply to my original complaint until I had chased it twice, and even then it was just and apology.

I then emailed the CEO who delegated it to someone else, and considering I paid in pounds, they have credited me $189 and now a EUR100 voucher to be used within 12 months. None of which is satisfactory.

I am thinking about starting a Section 75 refund, does anyone have any advice please?

Thank-you
    • meer53
    • By meer53 27th Aug 17, 2:43 PM
    • 8,824 Posts
    • 12,803 Thanks
    meer53
    We booked a group Z car with Avis for collection at Orlando Sanford airport, paying £811, and when we got there, they told us they didn't have a group Z and could only offer a minivan.

We complained and out of nowhere they found a group Z, but it was dirty and damaged to the outside, it'd clearly been in a crash and fixed with a bit of mastic.

Anyway, they told us to ring the next day to get a replacement. In the end it took several calls and 3 days out of 14 to get sorted with a decent car, and a trip wasted trip to Cleremont and then another to MCO.

The stress and upset aggravated a pre-existing health condition, and I took seriously ill a few days later.

I complained to Avis when I got home and I got no reply to my original complaint until I had chased it twice, and even then it was just and apology.

I then emailed the CEO who delegated it to someone else, and considering I paid in pounds, they have credited me $189 and now a EUR100 voucher to be used within 12 months. None of which is satisfactory.

I am thinking about starting a Section 75 refund, does anyone have any advice please?

Thank-you
    Originally posted by fresia
    What basis will you use for your claim ? You paid for, and got a car, plus a refund and a voucher. Section 75 will require you to prove breach of contract, where is the breach ?
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 27th Aug 17, 3:07 PM
    • 321 Posts
    • 453 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    The minivan actually offers more room than the SUV class, and it is more expensive. You received an upgrade. Is there a reason why it was not suitable for you?
    • deano83
    • By deano83 13th Sep 17, 6:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deano83
    Section 75 alternative?
    Hi all,

I understand the section 75 'guarantee' and am glad it is law, however, I wanted to make a claim against a second hand car i purchased from an independent trader that is not interested in paying to get it fixed, but have been told by the bank the my transaction wasn't done with my debit/credit card, but was done via bank transfer (which i forgot), so i will not covered by the section 7.
    (i've had the car nearly 3 months now, he sold it to me with 3 months or 3000 mile warranty, but i had done 3300 miles)
    My question is, does anybody know of an alternative to the section 75 route to get any some of money back please?
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 13th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 23,977 Posts
    • 11,265 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Hi all,

I understand the section 75 'guarantee' and am glad it is law, however, I wanted to make a claim against a second hand car i purchased from an independent trader that is not interested in paying to get it fixed, but have been told by the bank the my transaction wasn't done with my debit/credit card, but was done via bank transfer (which i forgot), so i will not covered by the section 7.
    (i've had the car nearly 3 months now, he sold it to me with 3 months or 3000 mile warranty, but i had done 3300 miles)
    My question is, does anybody know of an alternative to the section 75 route to get any some of money back please?
    Originally posted by deano83
    Just the one option - sue him in small claims court.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • rsspence
    • By rsspence 17th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    rsspence
    Flight needs to be cancelled due to no accomodation
    Hi all,

If anyone could help, that would be great. My wife is due to travel to Florida soon, staying with her dad at his house. He had some storm damage and work needs to be carried out, the result being my wife has nowhere to stay. We cannot afford the extra cost of hotels and flight was booked with no refunds etc. Due to this can a claim be made via Barclaycard section 75 due to having to cancel the flight?

Thanks
    2008 wins value £3000, 2009 wins value £3500 2010 wins value £3500, 2011 Wins so far - £2000.
    2013 so far 47" Sony TV, Smart phone
    • derrick
    • By derrick 17th Sep 17, 6:23 PM
    • 6,926 Posts
    • 2,251 Thanks
    derrick
    Hi all,

If anyone could help, that would be great. My wife is due to travel to Florida soon, staying with her dad at his house. He had some storm damage and work needs to be carried out, the result being my wife has nowhere to stay. We cannot afford the extra cost of hotels and flight was booked with no refunds etc. Due to this can a claim be made via Barclaycard section 75 due to having to cancel the flight?

Thanks
    Originally posted by rsspence

Afraid not, it is not the fault of Barclaycard or the airline for your wife's predicament.

Last edited by derrick; 17-09-2017 at 7:26 PM.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,909Posts Today

5,967Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin