Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 7th Oct 08, 2:00 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    0 WOW
    Section 75 refunds - article discussion
    • 7th Oct 08, 2:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Section 75 refunds - article discussion 7th Oct 08 at 2:00 PM

This discussion relates to the Section 75 refunds article

Click reply to discuss.
    Last edited by MSE Archna; 10-06-2010 at 4:41 PM.
Page 64
    • Andrea20
    • By Andrea20 29th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Andrea20
    Advice Pls - Car purchase fault
    Hi All,

Am i entitled to section 75 refund - I shall try to keep it brief

I purchased a vehicle for 7500.00, i paid part by debit card and part 2600;00 by my banks credit card (tsb). I have had the vehicle less than 4 months 2015 reg. The car has broken down twice in last 10 days, just total loss of power. was advised by vauxhall there was a recall update due on vehicle and this may have been what caused 1st brakdown. This update i found out was actually issued before i purchased vehicle approx 3 wks b4. however 5 days later same thing has happened. this is very worrying and extremely dangerous as i was entering a dual carriage way. i am currently awaiting replys from main dealer Thurlow Nunn where vehicle was purchased , as i have requested refund, however i do beleive this is going to be a struggle. Vauxhall says its down to where i purchased vehicle. Clearly it is not fit for purpose, dangerous and unreliable.

Would be greatful for any advice pls ..........................thank you
    • rigsbyx
    • By rigsbyx 11th Apr 17, 7:25 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rigsbyx
    Returned a Car for Repair, Garage in Liquidation, Car Gone!
    I bought a used car and took it back within a month for repairs. The company has since had a winding up order whereby the owner was arrested and currently under investigation for selling cars without the owners permission.

The liquidators and police both confirmed that my car was not present when all remaining vehicles were seized. Nobody can confirm whether my car was sold, someone is driving it, or the owner has stored / hidden it.

I paid 500 deposit on Barclaycard and the rest via my HSBC debit card.

I am about to contact Barclaycard to request their Section 75 forms.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks in advance : )
    • Zer0
    • By Zer0 19th Apr 17, 10:38 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Zer0
    Hi All,

I just wanted some confirmation on whether or not I can claim.

My situation is that I bought a phone for around 200 from aliexpress (overseas version of eBay essentially) using my Santander Credit Card in Sep 2016. The phone arrived sometime in Nov 2016. Fast forward to Jan 2017 and the phone stops turning on/doesn't charge. I did some research and asked the seller for help. The seller initially pretended to help but stopped replying and ignored me completely. I then went directly to aliexpress customer support and talked with them roughly every week or so asking for them to do something. They kept offering to investigate but till this day, every time I log onto their live chat customer support they always ask me to repeat the issue and send them evidence over and over again which I believe they're just wasting my time with. The phone is in a spotless condition without a single scratch and has never been dropped etc and it's ridiculous that it stopped working after a mere 3 months and a bit.

My main worry is that it was bought from aliexpress and also I pay back my credit card bills in full monthly so I've already paid back the balance - would these two stop me from claiming under S75?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by Ulti
    I am in similar situation, I got in touch with my cc company and they told me:

I would advise that you as "the cardholder" are the debtor in this agreement and therefore must establish a valid claim for breach of contract or misrepresentation against the merchant to whom you made the card payment.

In this instance, the agreement is between yourself, and the merchant, www.aliexpress, who have fulfilled their obligations by passing the funds to the supplier of the mobile phone. Any breach of contract is by the supplier who is not a party to the credit card transaction.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,340Posts Today

8,610Users online

Martin's Twitter