Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    spinningsheep
    What is cheaper to run? A Calor gas fire or electric heater?
    • 26th Sep 08, 1:34 PM
    What is cheaper to run? A Calor gas fire or electric heater? 26th Sep 08 at 1:34 PM
    Hi, I am trying my hardest not to use the heating at all for as long as possible. We have a coal fire which heats the downstairs rooms nicely, but in the winter, it will take a while to heat through, so I need some sort of portable "instant" heat to take the chill off until the fire has heated up enough. So. I am wondering, what works out cheaper to run for say 2 hours a day? A Calor gas heater, or a convector type electric heater? I know that oil filled radiators can cost a fortune to run, so even though I have been given one by a friend, im reluctant to use it. I have seen this heater and wondered what sort of running costs I can expect, or should I use an electric fan heater?

http://www.kays.com/rf/kay/navigatio...38&pageSize=12

I have had my heating on for about 8 hours over this week and been cooking each night for about 1hr too and I have used 1 unit of gas, so I am doing well keeping the gas usage down to minimum and i'd like it to stay that way!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

176Posts Today

2,229Users online

Martin's Twitter