IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Raising a shower tray
Closed Thread
Views: 3,599
# 1
andrew-b
Old 25-09-2008, 4:44 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Raising a shower tray

Last edited by andrew-b; 09-11-2011 at 9:56 PM.
# 2
Plasticman
Old 25-09-2008, 7:39 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Firstly I would make sure that I had a shallow trap and a shallow tray (I've seen some that you would need a step to get into even if it was on the floor!). That would make the step up as little as possible.

I would personally go for a simple timber base with an 18mm external (or marine) ply top. Make sure that it is properly supported though!

I would avoid an additional step if you can get away with it - you don't want a slip / trip hazard as you step out of the shower.
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson 1802
The Following User Says Thank You to Plasticman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
andyhop
Old 25-09-2008, 9:28 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

4 by 2 timber and a layer of 18mm plywood

you can buy trays from mira with adjustable feet- mira flight, best tray on market for ease of fitting
# 4
andyhop
Old 25-09-2008, 9:51 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew-b View Post
Thanks i'd looked at the mira flight before and also ideal standard simplicity which both have the riser kits with adjustable feet, you wouldn't happen to know roughly what height that the bottom of the waste pipe leaves the trap on the mira flight would you? Or where i could get a shallower trap to go with it (85mm one i believe?)

Looking again the mira flight trays will raise upto 150mm. Someone from Mira even called me back to discuss the shower tray with me a few weeks ago but i was asking the wrong questions as i was concerned at the time with getting it as low as possible! Think maybe i'll get some more info as if i can get away without building a platform it'll save me lots of hassle.

Andy
the waste backnut almost touches the bottom of the tray, mira showers supply there own trap with the tray

manhattan showers also do a m3 shower that has adj feet and uses a very shallow trap
Closed Thread