Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 38
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 31st Jul 16, 6:15 PM
    • 2,688 Posts
    • 3,598 Thanks
    Nick_C
    i hope you are right but c.s. were not sure and will get back to me.
    thanks
    Originally posted by kevrex
    Thanks. Do let us know what they say.
    • matty50
    • By matty50 14th Sep 16, 8:57 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    matty50
    I've only just joined this thread so plz excuse me if this has been discussed way down the line.
    Is there a card that will actually pay cash - except for the Amex ones which I know are not universally accepted - rather than vouchers?
    • lean&mean
    • By lean&mean 8th Feb 17, 10:30 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    lean&mean
    Martin's email today mentions how Jay Z and Beyonc! can get 6 months of 5% cashback with Amex Platinum cashback card. It might also be worth mentioning that if Beyonc! refers Jay Z to Amex on their 'refer a friend' scheme (just Google it), she would get another 10 back. The Amex refer a friend scheme is very generous, even more so with some of their other cards, such as BA, Amex Gold and Platinum, with the referrer getting huge numbers of points, which can be transferred to various hotel and airline rewards schemes. And they do not currently limit how many times you can re-cycle your card to get the sign up bonus each time. So long as you haven't held one for six months. So once Beyonc! has successfully referred Jay Z and got her bonus, she could cancel her card. Then in 6 months' time Jay Z refers her to Amex and she gets another, and he gets 10, while she gets the 5% cashback for another 3 months!
    With Platinum Cashback they'd both have to spend at least 3000 each a year to both get any cashback (a lot of spend). If your spend is more in blocks, consider other cards such as BA or Amex Gold which just need to hit a minimum spend in the first 3 months to get their sign up bonus - 1000 per account with BA and 2000 for Amex Gold. Get your card at the right time of year, like before buying a holiday, and you're laughing (but make sure your retailer takes Amex!)
    • lean&mean
    • By lean&mean 8th Feb 17, 10:36 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    lean&mean
    I've only just joined this thread so plz excuse me if this has been discussed way down the line.
    Is there a card that will actually pay cash - except for the Amex ones which I know are not universally accepted - rather than vouchers?
    Originally posted by matty50
    I know this is a late reply, but hope it might help. The reduction in the interchange fee seems to have done for cashback cards. The best rate seems to be no more than 0.5% with Santander, Nationwide, Nat West etc. The better return rates seem to be with those which earn points with hotels, airlines etc.

Have a look at USwitch or at HeadforPoints.com for a summary.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,979Posts Today

9,357Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Weekly email: £9 duvet, car ins warning, 2% savings, Hotpoint refund?, £10off Amzn, free 0% debt shift /MSE Matt https://t.co/b6AgDsuPnR

• Good morning & goodbye. Now my series is over, I'm going to take a week off work & twitter to spend time with Mrs & mini MSE. Ta ta for now

• RT @JulieGriff4: £2800 paid into my bank thanks to @MartinSLewis advice about packaged accounts. Unexpected and welcome. Great advice ????

• Follow Martin