Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Credit Cards > Barclaycard login broken? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Barclaycard login broken?
Closed Thread
Views: 21,910
# 1
dougs
Old 21-09-2008, 11:55 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Barclaycard login broken?

I have been trying to access my Barclaycard online account but all I get is a blank page with the huge letters:

Request failed
We are unable to handle your request

Click here if you wish to reload the site.

Obviously 'clicking here' as they suggest doesn't reload the site at all :rolleyes:

Tried several times since 9 this morning but no joy. Is it just me or is the site badly broken today :confused:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dougs For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
fermi
Old 21-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Same here.

I don't have a Barclaycard, but I wouldn't be able to log in if I did.
I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards, Loans, and Benefits boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
# 3
dougs
Old 21-09-2008, 12:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

just called them to find out what's up and it seems they are aware and have a major website error - 'the team' are working on it but it could take the rest of the day to sort out.

(which translated means they've got to find the solitary IT guy who's out for the day on his bike and can't be contacted until he's finished his picnic and trundled wearily home )

So don't bother trying to access your barclaycard account today then :rolleyes:
The Following User Says Thank You to dougs For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Academic
Old 26-09-2008, 8:08 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Is anybody else having this problem again ?? I've been trying to log in since yesterday and it won't get beyond the 1st page.
# 5
bill888
Old 26-09-2008, 9:06 AM
MoneySaving Convert

You are not alone. I too have had this problem since yesterday Thur 25th.

I changed internet providers yesterday and thought it was down to the change, but when I asked a relative to try, he found he could log into barclaycard's website using his ID but mine refused to work, displaying the error message after typing in the ID number only:

Your log in request could not be processed.

Please check your details and try again.

The login screen where you are prompted to enter your ID can also sometimes take a long time to appear too which is not normal.

I phoned up Barclaycard this morning. After almost 10 minutes on the phone, the overseas call centre operative finally told me to try again in an hour. Suffice to say, it did not work at all when I tried to log in a few minutes ago.

Last night, I did manage to log in once via the 'Forgotten ID' procedure, but I've not been able to get back in since using the same procedure.

I'll try again in next few days. There clearly is a problem and I'm not going to waste any more money telephoning them.

bill

Last edited by bill888; 26-09-2008 at 9:15 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bill888 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
avinabacca
Old 26-09-2008, 9:08 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Logged in this morning - but painfully slow! Took me around ten minutes to get the information I wanted, normally just a couple of minutes at most.....
Oh come on, don't be silly.

It's the internet
- it's not real!

# 7
Academic
Old 26-09-2008, 9:33 AM
MoneySaving Convert

bill888, thanks for the tip about the 'forgotten your ID number' route.....tried this and it worked. Complete pain if this is the only way to get access to my account. They need to sort out their technical problems or at the very least admit (on the login page) that they are having some problems.

Had to chuckle at the the "Your online service is New & Improved!" statement on the login page :rolleyes:
# 8
vbrindle
Old 26-09-2008, 9:57 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I've not been able to log in since Wednesday.

I rang up last night and he aske me if I was having trouble, so they know about it.

He said try in 24 hours.

Glad to know I'm not alone but now I don't know what my balance is as September statement will be ready now.
# 9
Andrew McP
Old 27-09-2008, 7:59 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. Until now I hadn't found any discussion on this subject, but this morning this thread pops up in a search, making me feel a bit less concerned. The nice Indian chap I spoke to the other day wasn't, frankly, much help. Neither was the lack of any kind of info on the Barclaycard site... which, frankly, was unforgivable. It's not as if this merger with Egg/Morgan Stanley cardholders was unplanned.

At least now there's an announcment of some kind, though it certainly doesn't apply to some of our circumstances. I tried at 2:30am yesterday, and the site was very quick indeed... to reject my ID. :-)

Anyway, nice to know I'm not alone. I'm off to try the recover trick. I'd avoided it so far because I definitely know I'm using the right ID!

Andrew McP

PS Ah, that worked like a charm. The site's very responsive, so it;s definitely not a loading issue. Just a 'we furked up' issue.

Last edited by Andrew McP; 27-09-2008 at 8:05 AM. Reason: PS
# 10
Academic
Old 27-09-2008, 10:14 AM
MoneySaving Convert

The Barclaycard login farce continues.........I don't think their explanation of "high demand" is the sole cause of the problem, they obviously have technical issues. It has been going on since last weekend.

Somebody claiming to be from Barclaycard posted in this thread (see post #54) attempting to mollify disgruntled customers but this situation is starting to get beyond the joke.

If they put as much effort into sorting out their technical problems as they seem to put into making silent phone calls I'm sure this matter would've been resolved earlier (or maybe the 50,000 fine came out of the IT budget and they are now short staffed)
The Following User Says Thank You to Academic For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
Bismarck
Old 27-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic View Post
The Barclaycard login farce continues.........I don't think their explanation of "high demand" is the sole cause of the problem, they obviously have technical issues. It has been going on since last weekend.

Somebody claiming to be from Barclaycard posted in this thread (see post #54) attempting to mollify disgruntled customers but this situation is starting to get beyond the joke.

If they put as much effort into sorting out their technical problems as they seem to put into making silent phone calls I'm sure this matter would've been resolved earlier (or maybe the 50,000 fine came out of the IT budget and they are now short staffed)
well said.

it's never seemed the most robust when I've used it....the way it judders along is alarming!
For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007
# 12
vbrindle
Old 27-09-2008, 10:49 AM
MoneySaving Convert

This is the 4th day in a row I can't log in. Shocking.

I've had problems with other online banking but it's usually fixed the same day.

Looks like I'll have to wait for the statement to come in the post.
# 13
d.edna
Old 27-09-2008, 11:13 AM
PPR
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Its been working for me, had no downtime :S
# 14
vixsta7
Old 27-09-2008, 11:23 AM
MoneySaving Convert

For some reason mine does the same too and I've lost patience trying to explain to the people on the phone what the problem is, come on Barclaycard sort it out!!
# 15
Derek Evans
Old 27-09-2008, 12:47 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi.
I sent a message to Barclaycard on 25th asking if there was a technical problem as I couldn't log in. Received an e-mail on 27th asking me to 'phone them. The overseas help desk advice is to try accessing the website during the night when it is less busy!
Update: Tried at midnight...same problem. The "Forgotten ID" route did work eventually. Thanks to everyone for helpful comments.

Last edited by Derek Evans; 28-09-2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Update
# 16
Academic
Old 27-09-2008, 12:52 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Derek, see Andrew McP's post (#9) above........he tried at 2:30am and still couldn't get access..........
The Following User Says Thank You to Academic For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
The_Pope
Old 27-09-2008, 1:15 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Me too!

I haven't been able to log in all week, and am suffering from the same symptoms as many posters here.

Without being funny, if this lasts much longer I'm going to miss the deadline for paying off my card!
# 18
F_T_Buyer
Old 27-09-2008, 5:18 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I still can't log in, I get the same error:

Your log in request could not be processed.
Please check your details and try again.

My details are correct, and it's not been working for about a week (or so). Same error all the time.

I rang Barclaycard yesterday and was passed to another department, they said it was a known issue and will be fixed within 48hours.

I'm not happy as I'm waiting for a credit (refund) to come through, and if it isn't done in within a week (by tuesday) I need to chase the retailer. Ringing them is just a pain...
# 19
bill888
Old 28-09-2008, 8:18 AM
MoneySaving Convert

The login method using normal ID number still seems to be broken this early Sunday morning.

Thankfully, logging in via the 'Forgotten ID' method still continues to work okay for myself, although there were occasions where I am sure I keyed in my Personal details, email address card details and credit limit correctly, and the system still wouldn't let me in.
# 20
moominyak
Old 28-09-2008, 1:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi, I've just been trying to register my new Barclaycard (MS replacement) and I keep getting told I've entered the wrong details... I tried ringing them but of course they're hopeless, I was just told try again in a few hours.

Can somebody please clarify what the USER ID is all about? When I tried to register, I entered a 6-digit code... I see from the log-in page that the User ID is a 9-digit number. Is that something you receive by email when (if!) you successfully make it through the laborious registration process?

Cheers
Closed Thread