Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jonboy69
    • By jonboy69 12th Sep 08, 3:53 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 79Thanks
    jonboy69
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Marketing Company - YOU WILL NOT BE A MANAGER ONE DAY!!!
    • 12th Sep 08, 3:53 PM
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Marketing Company - YOU WILL NOT BE A MANAGER ONE DAY!!! 12th Sep 08 at 3:53 PM
    Business Advertising Ltd AKA JPK advertising AKA KPJ enterprises.

This company has now changed its name to JMS marketing, Cotton exchange, Bixteth street, Liverpool. L3 9LQ.

[TEXT DELETED BY ABUSE TEAM PENDING INVESTIGATION]??

I've found some stuff about it on ; http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1107789

P.S There are lots of these companies around and they are slowly being weeded out by public awareness. There is a good blog about a similar company: http://coulsoncorporationscam.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/coulson-corporation-scam-the-cult-leader/

Please share your experience whether you have only been for an interview or you worked there for years. The more people know about these companies the sooner they will go out of business !!!

Kevin O'neill.

Business advertising Ltd
    Cotton Exchange building
    Bixteth Street
    Liverpool
    L3 9LQ
    Last edited by jonboy69; 06-10-2010 at 5:26 PM. Reason: Pending investigation
Page 21
  • idunnoreally
    basically, whoever your manager is invests money in you if you are exceptional enough to get to a management stage. DCM is based in Maidstone, and Parker Worldwide is based in Southampton. My team leader WAS exceptional and got promoted to management, but the most I ever made in a week over the course of nearly a year was £300, and I thought I was pretty good. Its hard to con people out of money and make them think they're getting a good deal when they could get someone else to do it for a third of the price. Hope this helps.
  • idunnoreally
    in all fairness, I have seen a manager walk away with four grand in a week, but as you say, with 50 people in the building all thinking they will be a manager
  • idunnoreally
    cobra and PerDM were the same people that came over from america; Cobra pay in shares when you get to management and you pay for your own office, PerDM open you up by your manager, but its all the same scammery. They said I should go flip burgers at mcdonalds, and thats what i've done, and they'll pay me £200 pound in my first week. thats a hell of alot more than these marketing shmucks pay, trust me! I was there for nearly a year and couldn't even feed myself; I went to work with no breakfast, could only afford the cheapest lunch and maybe tea and biscuits for dinner. only the strong will get to management, all the rest will starve, declare themsleves bankrupt and die.
  • idunnoreally
    yep, I've been to the Norwich office, just off the high street, same thing
  • alwe150789
    It's funny that u mention them telling u to flip burgers... they wern't specific with me but one meeting told the whole crew tht anybodi who cnt hack it cn go n work for mcdonalds for pittance...ironically u made mre in your first week then i did in my first month of sales/conning good pple out of money...
  • cascas13
    lol, I've got another interview with one of these scam companies. I accidentally applied to it yesterday and got a call today. I'm going to take the opportunity to confront the manager over his ethics.

I applied to the job from this link: jobsearch.co.uk/show_job.cgi?j=5127252&src=SponsoredSearchLink&src attr=jobsearch&wt.ac_id=internalsponsoredsearch_jo bsearch_5127252&c=7&o=219&r=38&sr=210

It's BlackRock advertising and has the typical lack of details on there website www .br-advertising.co.uk/
    Originally posted by GRRRATPARKER
    Is this BlackRock advertising in Bournemouth? I have an interview there this week. can you tell me about your experience please?
  • Martin001
    I have a particular hatred of subsidiaries of the PerDM Group, simply because I was very nearly suckered-in. Thankfully, I researched JMS Marketing Ltd in Newcastle-upon-Tyne before I had my interview, and (as I've said previously in this thread, I believe) got in touch with a few people who work for Newspapers and did a short expos! on them.

Recently I was walking through Sunderland City Centre and noticed a Victoria Jackson make-up stall set up just outside of the WHSmiths. I thought "Hey, would you look at that, JMS Marketing/Marketing Concepts/MCS are up to their tricks!" and decided to have a wander over.

The decidedly-orange woman who was, I assume, in charge, was bigging-up sales techniques to the lost-looking girl standing with her. I thought I'd be a sport and offer a helping hand of my own, and began the following conversation;

Me: "Good afternoon, can I just ask a few questions of you both?"
    Trainer: "Yes sir, how can we help?"
    Me: Well, I'd like to know first of all if you are in any way affiliated with JMS Marketing Limited, Marketing Concepts Limited, MCUK Limited..."
    Trainer: "No sir, we aren't."
    Me: "I see. How about the PerDM Group?"
    Trainer: "Yes sir, we're part of the PerDM Group... Might I ask why?"
    Me: "I'll explain in a moment, just humour me. Now, Miss, could you answer some questions for me?"
    Newbie: "Erm, yeah, I sup-"
    Trainer: "I'll answer any questions you might have."
    Me: "No, I'm asking her. Have you signed any forms yet?"
    Trainer: "No, we haven't."
    Me: "I'm not asking you. (to the other) Are you aware that the Consignment Forms that your Trainer here will make you sign in a few days are actually used to register you as self-employed, thus negating the Working Time Regulations as well as your right to a Minimum Wage?"
    Trainer: "That's not true!"
    Me: "Actually it is. Are you also aware that the only way to earn '100% commission' is to be self-employed, as any other Sales job of ANY kind will pay your basic Minimum Wage and then a small percentage of your commission on top of that, if you meet reasonable targets?"
    Trainer: "That's not true either!"
    Me: "Yes, it is. Would you be interested in knowing that 13 weeks after you sign this Consignment Form you are bound by law to be hired by the company you are -already- working for and paid at least National Minimum Wage in addition to your commission, and that if the company ignores this then they are breaking the law?"
    Girl: "Well, no..."
    Trainer: "He doesn't know what he's talking about!"
    Me: "I don't, do I? What company do you work for then?"
    (At this point, the alarm bells DEFINITELY start showing on the poor girl's face as her Trainer spouts -her own name- followed by 'Promotions Limited'...)
    Me: "And tell me, is this your second "Interview"? The one where you aren't shown 'the Glitz and Glam side of the business, but you get to meet Clients and see how the basic sales techniques are applied'?"
    Girl: "... How do you know what they said?"
    Trainer: "Shut up."
    Me: "I think I won't, if you don't mind. I suggest you get out of the company before you start losing money. I almost fell for it too, and I'm glad I caught on before I did. I went to the interviews for the craic, and I'm glad to see their script hasn't changed no matter which scam company you get 'hired' by."

At this point, the Trainer looked furious and started screeching at me in the middle of the high-street, sarcastically mouthing off about how much of a help I had been and "thanks for the information" while the girl she was training grabbed her handbag and walked away as fast as possible.

That Victoria Jackson stall hasn't been back, to my knowledge, and definitely not manned by the same Trainer if it has
  • kevin1985
    Is this the same as the rest here. its from Magnum Direct Ltd. found their ad on the reed website. It was a bit vague, not really saying what the job was just with the heading "fundraising sales". Other ads by the same company are evrywhere with the heading "+++ IMMEDAITE START +++".
    The wage it just said paid weekly and was £300-£700 (yeah right) but nothing about commision only or NMW being paid etc.
    Anyway i applied and just had my telephone interview which (unsuprisingly) i passed and he has (out of loads of applicants) decided to fast track me so that i bypass a second interview.
    Here is the email i got about an hour after:

Dear Kevin,

I am pleased to confirm that we will be fast tracking you through our recruitment process. This is a rare opportunity as we only have space for one or two fast track applications.

Company: Magnum Direct
    Position: Field Sales Advisor

Assessor/Trainer: Joanna

Date: Monday 11th July 2011
    Time: 10.30am

Address: Dephna House, 112-114 North Acton Road, Park Royal, London, NW10 6QH

Dress Code: Smart Business

Please bring the following with you:
    A completed job application form
    1 x passport photo
    2 x proofs of current address
    A copy of passport
    2 x business references

*****Keep all travel receipts as we will reimburse you*****

Should any issues arise with this time or date please contact me ASAP so that I can advise our trainer and if applicable re-schedule.

Please have a look at our website in preparation for training.

May I take this opportunity to wish you every success with this stage of the process.

Regards,

Amrik Biring
    Recruitment Department

Magnum Direct Limited

It sounds very similar to what others here have posted and been saying and i really cant be bothered to go if its the same rubbish.

Anyone heard or had anything to do with them?
    Last edited by kevin1985; 07-07-2011 at 9:21 PM.
  • bakers2000
    Another Name -same old
    RedFive Marketing trades under Parker worldwide.

Door Knocking 6 days a week.
    10am - 10pm
    Having to travel to other cities as the residents of Southampton are so sick of these knocking every other week its now been turns a no cold calling area.
    No expenses paid
    Self employed
    Thousands of interviews and days out have happend - yet only 2 managers produced are still trading mmmm

SALES IMMEDIATE START - ENERGETIC SALES & MARKETING - IMMEDIATE START

Ref: CS/2711 (Red 5)
    Salary: £ 17000 to £ 22000 + OTE (full-time (per year))
    ENERGETIC SALES & MARKETING - IMMEDIATE START

Red 5 - We are looking to increase our Southampton based Sales & Marketing sector due to the successful cost-effective nature of our marketing campaigns means our services are in higher demand for 2011 - 2012.

Are you looking for increased earnings and rewards?

Are you looking to work alongside energetic and positive people?

Are you looking for a company where you can make a difference?

Are You seeking Personal Development?

You will be working with customers and clients face-to-face, so solid communication skills and a willingness to learn is essential. Earnings are accumulated on a daily basis, and rewarded only on completed sales for our Client.

WHAT IT TAKES...

Ability to grow and develop with the company.

Have a positive and energetic outlook.

The ability to persist.

Be a solution finder.

Motivated by your success.

We're looking for people who are excited to develop business to business, business to consumer, res or event based field sales, business development and business management.

SEND US YOUR CV TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!

Red 5's workplace - leading from example, diversity, including the sales & marketing, development and management culture. Red 5 believe that a diverse team is the key to strong, fast and consistent business progression within the UK.

*Following initial meeting, some candidates will be invited back to spend a day shadowing one of our leading Account Managers in the field, to get a better feel for the day-to-day responsibilities and expectations of the role. Please note that you will not be working this day, but rather observing and therefore not entitled to compensation. A mutual final decision about the opening will be made upon your return to the office*
  • ChrisChris20
    Disgusting Company.
    When to an interview with Platinum Force in Liverpool regarding a job posting on the search website Monster.. previously I had seen this forum only last night and got prepared for the worst, and everything the first person said about his experience is exactly what I experienced. Apparently the manager was 'keen' to meet me after reading my CV.. turns out this 'keen' attitude applied to 50 other people on the same day.

When I got there about 15 people were sat in a hospital like waiting area filling in application forms with the information already presented on your CV/Job Application, so yeah sure the manager had 'read' my CV.. then I was called into the interview room with 5 other people. It is really intimidating when you are sat with the people you are competing for a job against - it was almost a 'The Apprentice' styled atmosphere.

If I was you I'd avoid this company and its affiliates because if you think you could be working with some of the 'biggest' clients in the world on promotional material then think again, you'll be on the streets promoting the services like the companies 600+ employees.
    • dmliverpool
    • By dmliverpool 13th Jul 11, 1:33 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    dmliverpool
    Magic carpet marketing companies
    Google them if you find a crappy website with no more than 5 or 6 pages on it its a scam and includes selling tut on the streets and getting on buses with bags of it.

They may as well get you to sell magic carpets.

You'd be lucky to get paid. You'll know they are rubbish on the phone. i applie for a few jobs online and had one of these companies on the phone. They said I could be lord of the rings after there fast track scheme. So I ask how many people they employed and a link to there website be sent over to me as well as the job pack (I.e JD, PS etc) and they put the phone down. Lol BUSTED!!

Just glad they don't have sensitive information about me.
    The harder one works the luckier one gets!
  • Behind-the-pc
    They phoned me after i read a few things on this site,I asked what the job was and a bit more detail the man said he didnt know and his boss just gave him 10 cvs to phone so then i asked was it door to door sales and he said no its business of business sales and a bit more 'up market' he told me to come down for a quick 10 min chat tomorrow thankfully i work in the city already might pop over and see what BS they fill me with.
  • ladygribgrib
    Code Marketing, Code UK, Alex Pinker, Liverpool
    Hello, I wanted to share my experience as I stayed at one of these "companies" for roughly 3 months. Longer than most perhaps. This was 5 years ago now so I must apologise if I miss out any details.

This place was based in the Liverpool city centre, in a shared office with a sister company. I wouldn't know if they still have this office, but it was opposite the met quarter. The owner there was Alex Pinker (not a very nice man, who got his 18 year old secretary pregnant, and apparently cocaine was his main driving force through the day). Who I believe is still the owner. At the time it was known as Code Marketing, which I believe to have changed to Code UK, now it could be anything! This was under Cobra as mentioned in various other threads.

I went through the same strange interview process, and "observation" day that everyone has mentioned. The difference with mine was that it wasn't door to door, it was standing in super markets and shopping centres harassing people who didn't really want to talk to you. I did have my doubts throughout the entire experience, but i was young and desperate for a job asap.

We had the same prep talks in the morning, the team talks and practising your sales pitch with one another and then some rubbish talk all stood in a circle announcing what we would buy with the money we made when we supposedly make it as owners/ managers.

I'd get there around 8am and get home around 10pm most days, working Monday to Saturday, so most Sundays were spent sleeping and not much else. It literally becomes your life.

We had targets of about 4 or 5 sales a day, I was selling AXA healthcare, convincing people that they would need it because all dentists will eventually be private (rubbish and lies) and this would help them pay for dentists and healthcare for their family. All of this was done to a script, or a pitch that was thrust upon on me during first day to memorize.

Each sale at the time, was at most worth £18, if the person you sold it to was over a certain age, the younger they were, the less you earnt. Most days though I'd probably get 2 or 3 sales genrally with younger people so i only made a few quid. After paying for my own transport each day travelling ridiculous distances, I didn't make much at all.

If we reached our target, then each person who had done so would get the reward of "ringing the bell" in front of everyone. which was literally a bell in the middle of the team prep room.

One day I was sent to London, to see the head quarters of the whole cobra organisation. It involved a lot of people boasting of how successful they are and what they do with their money. Of course I earnt nothing that day, or any other day that I didn't sell anything.

One day, in a shopping centre in Liverpool, an elderly lady collapsed near to where we had set up, and hit her head so hard it knocked her out. Obviously I was very concerned and rushed to help her, after calling an ambulance and waiting with the lady, the guy that i was working with lectured me about how I was wasting my time because I wasnt earning anything the longer that i helped this lady. I absolutely refused to leave her and waited until the ambulance came. It just goes to show how ruthless these people are. Money is more important than life and health??... Needless to say, this was the last straw for me and I didn't go back.

The owner text me asking me to go in to the office to talk about it. I said no. He did however owe me money so i went back a week or so later to pick it up. He was asking me what I was planning on doing now in quite a patronizing manner. Then he boasted about how much money he had made that week.

I then spent my time applying for real jobs, that match my qualifications, and I now have a very rewarding and fulfilling career, an actual salary, a pension, shares, etc.

I would say to anyone even considering this line of work/torture/slave driving, please don't put yourself through it. And you are no doubt far too qualified and capable of much better things. This type of forceful sales is only for people who either are unable to get a real job, or have absolutely no soul or care for taking money from people who obviously cannot afford it.

These were an entirely miserable few months of my life. Don't do it, and definitely never let anyone you know buy anything from them.

Hope this helps.
  • gavmrgav
    Primus UK Company
    I read this information what you wrote.

Primus UK does not have a parent company, we are a Limited company.

Could you give me the details of Bour Bon Creations Ltd please?
    As I have been told I have got a job working for the Primus UK Ltd in Manchester, I have been told to have 2 references from my previous jobs wrote to - Bour Bon Creations.

Can you explain why?

Or is the company a really a scam?
  • emmatwin
    JMS marketing SCAM!!!!
    please please please DO NOT get taken in by this lot of scammers!

JMS marketing employ vulnerable people and sell them a dream.. the dream of 'making it' and becoming rich.. but it NEVER comes true.

My boyfriend of 6 years and i have recently split up because he failed to see what this 'job' was doing to him. He started work at 7.30 and finished at about 11pm..he was never off the phone to his work mates and continually talked about 'the business' and all this for about £69 a WEEK!!!

why.. i hear you ask... do people stay at this if they work so hard but get paid so little... well its the drip drip drip effect, the start of working less and it gets more and more over time..they use mind manipulation techniques... so people become convinced its a good job that will lead to fortune...

Names to watch out for Jack Bertok, Justin Cobb (fat cats that make all the money of the everyday workers they are both american)

the operate under many names and are located in Newcastle, manchester, liverpool and London....

company's that the sell for are Talk Talk, 3 network and Victoria Jackson make up

be wary of jobs that use phrases like 'atmosphere' 'observation interview' and of course they are ALL commission only.

PLEASE do not be fooled!
    • theblagger
    • By theblagger 28th Jul 11, 12:22 PM
    • 1,875 Posts
    • 2,409 Thanks
    theblagger
    Also beaware of scams offering you certificates of courses...i.e pay up to £300 for a two day course in occupational therapy or care work etc
    As you know these courses take months years to complete...not two days lol!

there are loads of scams like this on gumtree etc, and these marketing companies advertising on jobboards should be banned as well the job boards obviously does not vet these these jobs , and these are big job boards ...reed, total jobs , sales target, simply sales jobs, just seem to take the money... If I use a job board it will be a ethical one ...and yes there are one or two out there
  • jemima82
    Hi all, I just wanted to add my own experience to this thread.

I worked for a Cobra subsidiary for three months when I was 21 (door-to-door signing up charitable donations by Direct Debit).

While I agree that the vast majority (99.9%) of people won't end up with loads of money or a management career doing this, I actually found it to be a worthwhile experience, and I don't regret it at all.

For someone young, who is perhaps living at home and not needing to guarantee a huge salary, this is an ideal summer ot temp job.

Long hours and commission-only, yes, BUT you will meet loads of people, get a lot of exercise (after the first week I discovered I actually did have stomach muscles!) and gain life experience.

There are so many people I met who I will never forget. For one, it really opened my eyes to the poverty in this country - one young girl (20s) living with her alcoholic father and uncle in a poor part of Edinburgh, whose living room and kitchen were blackened from a fire (and the council hadn't done anything about it). The uncle urinated into a teatowel whilst sitting on the sofa while we were there! Not pleasant, but as I said, a real eye-opener.

A cheerful single mum who I had such a laugh with, a born-again Christian who had been a proper rock-n-roller in his youth (and had the pics to prove it), a street in Dundee which seemed to be packed full of schizophrenics....

If you go into this knowing it's not forever, it can be a great experience (and it does actually teach you effective sales techniques, and give insight into what makes people buy/sign up).

At the end of the three months I sent my bus tickets etc and payslips to HMRC who sorted out my tax (I didn't have to pay anything, I guess it was dealt with over the course of the year).
  • dekka1978
    THANK YOU (coulson group newcastle)
    I would like to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum post i recently quit my old job due to boss being impossible to work with and not getting customer orders in or stock,
    so i applied for as many jobs as I could and got a call today from yes you guessed it coulson group based in newcastle and offered me a job with them expanding they need staff in all aspects of work so i got an interview setup for tomorrow but dont think i will turn up now save my the £6 in bus fares the seemed quite eger to offer my an interview with an email detailing exact location of the offices

once again thank you people. xxxx
    • fabnikki
    • By fabnikki 28th Jul 11, 10:09 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 1,001 Thanks
    fabnikki
    I went to one of these interviews a couple of years ago, cant remember the name, but it was in maidstone using the office above british heart foundation.

Interview process was exactly as described by other posters.

I went to the second interview, on way to "location" i asked what the starting salary was and was answered by "i dont understand" then "oh it can range vastly" then a change of subject, which i thought was weird. Then when we arrived at "location" i realised it was door to door sales and felt totally awkward, carried on for an hour or 2, until i couldnt take it anymore and politely told the trainer I wasnt interested and felt uncomfortable. She tries to convince me it was only a short term thing and nothing wrong with it but realised i was adament and let me go, she carried on. I walked off, and then realised I didnt have a clue where i was, found a resident and asked for directions, got back eventually but was a little nerve wracking.

I just felt so wrong and awful the whole time, like this warning bell was screaming, i should have listened to my gut in the first interview, but at least i did eventually.

Tell you what though, my trainer was a good sales person, but even with that skill she didnt get anyone to sign up while i was with her.

One thing i do regret is not finding out the name or something of another interviewee i spoke to while they made us wait, would have liked to know how she got on, she seemed really nice, and had the option of another job, I hope she took it.
  • colourblindcat
    Magnum Direct?
    I have the exact same email and a phone call as below except the job I applied to is a Sales Representative.

Has anyone else had any experience with this company.... ? Magnum Direct. I want to know if I am signing up to something dodgy BEFORE I interview.

Is this the same as the rest here. its from Magnum Direct Ltd. found their ad on the reed website. It was a bit vague, not really saying what the job was just with the heading "fundraising sales". Other ads by the same company are evrywhere with the heading "+++ IMMEDAITE START +++".
    The wage it just said paid weekly and was £300-£700 (yeah right) but nothing about commision only or NMW being paid etc.
    Anyway i applied and just had my telephone interview which (unsuprisingly) i passed and he has (out of loads of applicants) decided to fast track me so that i bypass a second interview.
    Here is the email i got about an hour after:

Dear Kevin,

I am pleased to confirm that we will be fast tracking you through our recruitment process. This is a rare opportunity as we only have space for one or two fast track applications.

Company: Magnum Direct
    Position: Field Sales Advisor

Assessor/Trainer: Joanna

Date: Monday 11th July 2011
    Time: 10.30am

Address: Dephna House, 112-114 North Acton Road, Park Royal, London, NW10 6QH

Dress Code: Smart Business

Please bring the following with you:
    A completed job application form
    1 x passport photo
    2 x proofs of current address
    A copy of passport
    2 x business references

*****Keep all travel receipts as we will reimburse you*****

Should any issues arise with this time or date please contact me ASAP so that I can advise our trainer and if applicable re-schedule.

Please have a look at our website in preparation for training.

May I take this opportunity to wish you every success with this stage of the process.

Regards,

Amrik Biring
    Recruitment Department

Magnum Direct Limited

It sounds very similar to what others here have posted and been saying and i really cant be bothered to go if its the same rubbish.

Anyone heard or had anything to do with them?
    Originally posted by kevin1985
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,695Posts Today

8,680Users online

Martin's Twitter