Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    penny_sweet
    Advice needed- electric meter bypassed.
    • 4th Sep 08, 2:38 PM
    Advice needed- electric meter bypassed. 4th Sep 08 at 2:38 PM
    I need some advice on this please, I have no idea what to do about it and am absolutely petrified about what might happen.
    I returned to my property last week after it had been rented out to a 'friend' in order to get it ready for a new tenant only to find the the electric meter had been bypassed. I have now got a new meter for my new tenant but in the process of British gas changing the meter they've obviously found out that it had been bypassed in the first place.
    I know that it is my responsibility to check these things and that I've been incredibly naive and way too trusting, but I honestly had no idea what was going on and now British Gas have told me that the police will be chasing me and that I could end up in prison. I can't afford to get a criminal record due to the nature of my job.
    Has anybody experienced this or does anyone know what I should do?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,519Posts Today

8,797Users online

Martin's Twitter