Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 36
    • BOBBY1
    • By BOBBY1 7th Jan 16, 8:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nice Stay at PineLake
    Hi ,
    i have also just returned from a really nice 2 night in a 2 bedroom lodge at PineLake Resort, Carnforth which i booked through Groupon a few months ago as a surprise birthday treat for my partner.Well we have to admit the lodge and the location was great for our 2 night trip could`nt fault it really, but on our first morning the telephone in the lodge rang, to which i answered.
    At which we were asked how we were enjoying our stay and that we would be entitled to another stay for 4 nights mid week at £89 or 3 nights weekend £89, to which i said sounded great and just to see the rep at check out. Anyway our first thoughts were we would enjoy another stay later in the year so at check out were introduced to a female Diamond Resort rep who handed us a form to fill in and explained we could stay there at Pinelake or other resorts some abroad.
    I proceeded to fill the form in and on it was required to add the last 4 digits of my debit card i used when checking in, as you are required to give a £100 breakages deposit on arrival. At this point we were told we had to book our stay within 6 months and could use it within 12 months, we had to attend a Diamond resort seminar for an hour, we would also get a free breakfast and evening meal, when we returned.
    An uneasiness when at home that night made me look at Diamond Resorts on the web to find all about the scams and timeshare hells people were having, so a decision not to go back or have anything to do with it, i even re-applied for a new debit card on my digital banking stating my present card was lost. Anyway long story short is checking my banking today i have found that they have taken £89 out of my account, and looking at the form we filled in its non returnable, stupid me. I have no intentions of returning or having anything to do with Diamond Resorts, but my partner is worried that if we dont go to the seminar, as it states £40 a night will be charged for your stay if you dont attend, they will start taking money out of our account, now i have reassured her this cannot be legally done and we have at most lost £89 but it is a worry looking at how this company acts !
    • cddc
    • By cddc 7th Jan 16, 10:10 PM
    • 1,038 Posts
    • 1,128 Thanks
    Going to the seminar and have several hours of hard-core sales pitching is the price you pay for your cheap break.
    Just say no, grin and bear it, for the hours it takes and enjoy the rest of your stay.
    • krispey
    • By krispey 17th Apr 16, 5:30 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    We are members of Diamond resorts and have been happy with them. It is not a scam and but it is not cheap. It is for people who want good quality accommodation. If you are the type who is happy with a last minute deal in cheap accommodation then it is likely not for you. If you are someone who has plenty of time to take lots of trips and wants higher quality accommodation then it may be worth a look.
    • ricc
    • By ricc 6th Oct 16, 4:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    we joined lsi back in the last century, been through gvc and sunterra to diamond. it was good value when we started in pre internet days, minimum points were never enough, but we bought more privatly at a massive discount.
    20 plus years on its a different game, were more fussy where we want to go , elderly parents mean we want to book and go , no way we can book a year in advance, theres never any availability where we want to go when we can go, yet you get the phone calls offering bonus weeks at the resorts we cant get into, go on google you can book a week at the same resorts for peanuts no problems instant availability.
    diamond wont let us leave...why does the company not want our points back gratis so they can sell them for 20k plus to a new punter??
    no problem were several companies on from the one we signed with, diamond ...whove now been bought by someone else..who havnt actually been in contact with us.(whoops forgot to tell diamond when we moved house and changed email addresses) havnt been able to keep to their end of the contract for several years, we aint paying anymore, see you in court and the press and on the web if you want the publicity.
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 9th Oct 16, 6:27 AM
    • 1,341 Posts
    • 1,458 Thanks
    That is so sad ricc
    Sorry to hear about your problems with DRI.
    Hope that you can escape from them.
    Last edited by SpammyTheSpammer; 11-10-2016 at 8:31 AM.
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

301Posts Today

1,981Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin