Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mhe
    • By mhe 15th Aug 08, 10:26 PM
    • 418Posts
    • 3,261Thanks
    mhe
    Becoming A Sats Marker
    • 15th Aug 08, 10:26 PM
    Becoming A Sats Marker 15th Aug 08 at 10:26 PM
    HI I'm a primary teacher and would like to earn some extra money by marking next years KS2 SATs papers (I mark enough for free at work - might as well try to earn some extra cash from it!) Does anyone know the place to apply to?
    TIA
    "With no money you start to discover your own inner resource" GK Chesterton
    2 adults, 3 children
Page 1
    • Richard019
    • By Richard019 15th Aug 08, 11:14 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Richard019
    • 15th Aug 08, 11:14 PM
    • 15th Aug 08, 11:14 PM
    HI I'm a primary teacher and would like to earn some extra money by marking next years KS2 SATs papers (I mark enough for free at work - might as well try to earn some extra cash from it!) Does anyone know the place to apply to?
    TIA
    Originally posted by mhe
    I don't know, they contract it out to companies/agencies but they've just stripped the current one of the job so there isn't anybody in place for next year yet.

I hear it's quite a good line of work to get into for some easy money though, no training needed to establish the standard, no deadlines, no bosses always on the phone to you. (you'll have to forgive the dry sense of humour)
  • kingfisher111
    • 16th Aug 08, 10:35 PM
    • 16th Aug 08, 10:35 PM
    I've done SATs marking and it's really hard work for very little reward. they don't pay enough per child to enable you to take the time to mark thoroughly. You'd only end up earning about £6 per hour! When I marked it was five weeks of sheer hell! If you are a qualified teacher why don't you think about private tuition instead!
    • Flickering Ember
    • By Flickering Ember 17th Aug 08, 12:35 PM
    • 11,392 Posts
    • 125,814 Thanks
    Flickering Ember
    • 17th Aug 08, 12:35 PM
    • 17th Aug 08, 12:35 PM
    I'd be interested in doing this too; I am not really a teacher but I have done the 7303 and so can teach if that makes sense; I do conflict management and physical restraint instruction.
    Flickering Embers grow higher and higher...I need a break and I wanna be a paperback writer!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

71Posts Today

3,091Users online

Martin's Twitter