Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • belfastgal
    • By belfastgal 16th Aug 08, 12:19 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    belfastgal
    • 16th Aug 08, 12:19 PM
    • 16th Aug 08, 12:19 PM
    what about Esporta ? Havent been but thinking of maybe joining....
  • Jaime-V
    • 16th Aug 08, 6:27 PM
    • 16th Aug 08, 6:27 PM
    H used to be in the new JJB one and liked it as it had the swimming pool etc as a lot don't. Think he had a deal £26 off peak or £36 peak.

Though check the contract as they can be tricky to get out off if you don't use it and want to cancel.

HTH
    Norn Iron club member - 265
  • irishcharmer5
    • 16th Aug 08, 8:35 PM
    • 16th Aug 08, 8:35 PM
    check out fitspace gym on the boucher rd belfast
    its only £16 per month peak think there slogan is or should be - the half price gym
    it use to be fitness first of which i was a member, very spacious gym, i sampled fit space and they have simply cut the costs, theres no classes but lots of weights and equipment, they took out the sauna as well so if your just looking a good basic gym thats cheap you wont find better.
    • belfastgirl23
    • By belfastgirl23 16th Aug 08, 11:04 PM
    • 7,601 Posts
    • 15,311 Thanks
    belfastgirl23
    • 16th Aug 08, 11:04 PM
    • 16th Aug 08, 11:04 PM
    Might be worth looking at the Queens PEC either - £37 per month for all inclusive membership, less if you're a graduate of QUB. Plenty of classes in term time which are mostly included in the membership fee. Facilities are a lot better since they opened the extension a couple of years ago.

• WeeMo
    • 17th Aug 08, 10:12 AM
    • 17th Aug 08, 10:12 AM
    thanks all- good info
    Last edited by WeeMo; 12-04-2009 at 8:48 AM. Reason: .
  • djdarren
    • 17th Aug 08, 1:23 PM
    • 17th Aug 08, 1:23 PM
    Try classfitness in Bangor they let you try the first class for free and have membership from £21
    • belfastgal
    • By belfastgal 20th Aug 08, 4:49 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    belfastgal
    • 20th Aug 08, 4:49 PM
    • 20th Aug 08, 4:49 PM
    Does David Lloyd give you a free trial ? anyone know?
    • Belfastbelle
    • By Belfastbelle 20th Aug 08, 6:15 PM
    • 347 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Belfastbelle
    • 20th Aug 08, 6:15 PM
    • 20th Aug 08, 6:15 PM
    they are doing 2wks trial at moment
  • pup.pup.pup
    Fitspace
    Folks

I've been around the Belfast Gym Circuit for the last few years. And I've finally found the best gym in Belfast - Fitspace on the Boucher Road. (I've tried most of them)

It costs me £10 per month

Its got none of those - "look at me" personal trainers or rip off extras I found everywhere else which really get to me. Its just a through and through gym, plenty of cardio equipment and an excellent weights room.

Its not the 'Ritz' of gyms but for the price of a fitness magazine and a shake its well worth a try...

Anyone know where I can pick up some of those split toe trainers?

Red
    • facingthefuture
    • By facingthefuture 4th Jun 10, 11:31 PM
    • 914 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    facingthefuture
    Does David Lloyd give you a free trial ? anyone know?
    Originally posted by belfastgal
    Check this out a promotional weekend
    http://www.davidlloyd.co.uk/promotions/open/web/homepage
    • D.A.
    • By D.A. 5th Jun 10, 12:54 AM
    • 1,076 Posts
    • 781 Thanks
    D.A.
    Folks

I've been around the Belfast Gym Circuit for the last few years. And I've finally found the best gym in Belfast - Fitspace on the Boucher Road. (I've tried most of them)
    Originally posted by pup.pup.pup
    Hmmm...only 2 posts and both of them about Fitspace...
    • caz2703
    • By caz2703 5th Jun 10, 9:16 AM
    • 3,563 Posts
    • 29,626 Thanks
    caz2703
    Hmmm...only 2 posts and both of them about Fitspace...
    Originally posted by D.A.
    Hmmmm funny that eh?
    • Bigcammy
    • By Bigcammy 5th Jun 10, 10:02 AM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 561 Thanks
    Bigcammy
    We really are a suspicious lot, aren't we? In this case, it's the second time a new poster has popped on and posted two posts about Fitspace, hmmmmm, I smell a rat!
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252
  • miss maid
    Connswater
    Hey, fitness first at connswater is great!

£30pm but I think you'd get a better deal now, as far as I know there is no admin fee at the minute and you're only tied into the contract for 1 month (unlike most other places which are 12 month).

It's nothing fancy, but the do loads of classes - spinning, body pump, body attack etc and there's also a sauna and steam room too!

HTH
    • joylikes2shop
    • By joylikes2shop 30th Jun 10, 2:18 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 814 Thanks
    joylikes2shop
    I received the following text -today- from David Lloyd

'' LAST DAY today to join David Lloyd Belfast summer membership! 3 months memberships are available so please call 02890 413300 for more info ''
  • BigAndy_79
    I joined FF at Connswater two weekends ago. Got it for £30 a month on a no contract deal. No joining fee, either. Also got 3 personal trainer sessions and a pile of vouchers for shakes, drinks, protein bars, etc. Is very good.
    • belfastgirl23
    • By belfastgirl23 30th Jun 10, 9:05 PM
    • 7,601 Posts
    • 15,311 Thanks
    belfastgirl23
    PEC are doing 3 month membership for £99 at the minute if it's handy for anyone. No steam room though

• Peter-bfast
    H used to be in the new JJB one and liked it as it had the swimming pool etc as a lot don't. Think he had a deal £26 off peak or £36 peak.

Though check the contract as they can be tricky to get out off if you don't use it and want to cancel.

HTH
    Originally posted by Jaime-V
    Yeah I seem to hear everybody ranting & raving about JJB in recent times, great prices and state-of-the-art gym facilities.

Keep meaning to take a nosey, as i'm currently with Fitness First paying similar prices for a lesser service by the sounds of things.
  • mypie
    Breathe at robinson centre has membership atm for £22 a month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,583Posts Today

7,113Users online

Martin's Twitter