Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Queenb
    Can I Withdraw Pension Money Now
    • 13th Aug 08, 5:04 PM
    Can I Withdraw Pension Money Now 13th Aug 08 at 5:04 PM
    Hi all

Sorry for my ignorance here, I am sure you will shake your head but I have a question.

Basically at the moment I am suspended from work on an allegation of gross misconduct, this has been going on for 10 weeks +.

Anyway my car has died, I have no money so I want to withdraw money I have been paying into my work pension for the past 8 years as I will be leaving the company and I dont want them to hold on to it and I need the money desperately.

I have asked someone in my company who deals with the pensions but I got quite a sharp response back saying that I cant have the money - she said all I can do is transfer money to new plan or leave it in the company pension.

Is this right ? I dont have my paperwork with me as its in my desk at work where I am not allowed to go !

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

QB
    x
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

21Posts Today

3,628Users online

Martin's Twitter